AMF Youth Shield?

thokash

I don't know if this has been brought up before but it seems like a good chance to. I think the Goldpin Youth Shield was implemented this year (?) and it would be good to see the AMF version to. It has come to the stage in Victoria where there are a lot of good juniors finishing their years and would be a good opportunity to hold a Youth team. I guess you would work out the fine details later, because it probably wouldn't attract the 7 bowlers required and etc etc...

I for one would bowl in it if it was available, and since I am still a Junior next year im looking forward to it in 2005 so I can beat all my old Junior buddies! :p

Just an idea

I think that would be a great idea, since i am too old for Juniors and i am not good enough to make adult, i think staging a Youth Shield is a fantastic ideas

Sounds like a good idea although i'm not sure what kind of chance it has of getting off the ground.
There were a number of youth bowlers representing different centres in this years competition and apart from a few of the stronger centres such as Dandenong and Keon Park etc. there are usually plenty of opportunities for youth bowlers to make one of the teams.
I would definitely support something like this but i think the age restriction would need to be 21 cause realistically 3 years is enough for a youth bowler to prepare themselves for competing against the big boys.

The only way I could see this being benificial would be if it was the following format...

1. Under 23 inline with all other youth tournaments in the country

2. four man teams, format the same as the youth team challenge and FIQ events (singles, doubles, triples, teams)

might be hard to come up with four youth players from every amf center though....

Team Brunswick Australia
www.BrunswickBowling.com

Not wanting to put anyone down but why not compete against the adults, a lot of youth bowl in adult comps anyway. If you don't make the team try again the following year. It gives you a goal to try to acheive instead of starting a new tournament just because you can't make an adult side. Just my opinion, may sound harsh but everyone has to make the same transition and most juniors do it quite well.

Back
Top Bottom