AMF GOING HANDICAPPED?!?!?!

Agree with you there Craig

Other problems are,
1.We have half the Bowling population wanting to bowl in a scratch tournament and the rest happy to bowl in a scratch tournament but not if there are bowlers in there that are so much better than they are. Bowlers are great until they become uncompetitive and then they try and change the laws/rules for their own benefit (trust me I know)

There is no value for money in the sport realistically, I play pool and for $45 I can enter a national tournament and if I win I get at least $5000 whereas in bowling I spend $250-300 and if I win I only get $2500-3000, I think I kow where I am going to put my money.

And last of all as has been said before regardless of what they say to your face AMF (Macquarie Leisure) don't give a stuff about league or tournament bowlers, they ONLY care about social bowlers where they make there big money but the problem there is social bowler numbers are dropping also dare I say due the bowling industry in all areas whether it be AMF, OZ tenpin or any other private centre being greedy Bowling in this country is on life support and it will be barely viable to run a centre within 10 years

Agree with me or not but that my opinion

Matthew Lambrick

Not quite sure how or why this thread is heading in a new direction.

1) Junior Shield is not going handicapped this weekend, end of story.
2) AMF is not owned by Macquarie Leisure, it is Ardent Leisure and is not connected to the Macquarie Bank.
3) League bowling is the foundation of the AMF business, otherwise, why would AMF counter staff work so darn hard to recruit social bowlers into League? Because it brings once or twice a year bowlers into "the every week league bowling community" and directly strengthens the bowling participation rate that all these businesses depend on. As for the non-AMF centres, I am sure Warren at Mentone sees League participation as vital, as would all the managers of the Oz Tenpin and the independent/country centres.

Sorry Matt, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's way off the mark.

Sumo

I have to agree with you Pete. This thread is about AMF going Handicapped and now we all know it's not. Let's move on.
In saying that good luck to all our junior bowlers this weekend. Remember our game is all about Respect and Sportsmanship. Show our young potential bowlers what it means to have FUN in bowling :)
Alex

Hopefully this weekend goes well and I'm looking forward to watching, the handicap idea that is going to be implimented is also good to keep juniors wanting to come back and improving...

Macquarie Leisure changed it name to Ardent Leisure, and AMF is owned and run by them....
They broke off from Maquarie Group which also has Maquarie Bank under it...

Maybe the "Grape Vine" should be cut & destroyed until actual verification happens. This thread almost started a Junior revolt:mad: with this event thru NO fault of AMF.
maybe just maybe someone like POSSUM:mad: should extend a public apology to AMF. ;)

As for our JUNIORS with high or low averages go out there and have some fun & dream of becoming the next AMF Junior Champion.
Good luck to all the bowlers this weekend.

By the way which centre is hosting the Junior Shield:confused:

Just in regards to "Sydpies" post.

I dont personally feel as though i should have to apologise to anyone about starting this thread.

In my post i didnt direct my concerns about the tournament to anyone in particular. The reason i did post on here is because i was told that AMF Junior Shield was made handicaped for this year. I spoke to alot of other people i know in the sport and they confirmed this with me.

TotalBowling is a VOICE for the bowling community. I wanted my voice heard so i went on here. I did not bag anyone in my post let alone AMF.
I was simply raising my concern for the welfare of the tournament.

Chrissy.

Then why not speak to AMF regional manager direct. You would have had all the correct info before posting on here. Would saved a lot of angst among our junior bowlers.:confused:

Sorry Joe. That was direct from the bowl while I was there mate. I know our young bowlers from Knox won the game five too :)
Alex

Back
Top Bottom