AMF Junior Shield 2002

• Thread starter Keep on Smiling
  • Start date
END RESULTS

Junior Shield Results (for those who don't know final points)
Overall
Keon Park 570.45 pts (based on peterson points system)
Sunshine 560.44
Morwell 549.43
Boronia 529.29
Chadstone 494.33
Frankston 487.19
Knox 483.23
Highpoint 480.17
Northcote 464.07
Moorabbin 458.12
Dandenong 433.09
Box Hill 403.44
Ringwood 382.00
Forest Hill 380.33
Good luck to everyone who participated from the team of RINGWOOD this year and in the past as well! It is a sad loss to see u go. I know on a personal level we had some great battles with all u guys and girls in the past. Best wishes to all from RINGWOOD, staff management and bowlers of all ages!

Boys Division:
Keon Park 290.05
Sunshine 287.21
Moorabbin 285.27
Morwell 278.35
Boronia 275.26
Highpoint 266.03
Chadstone 264.44
Frankston 246.01
Knox 239.47
Northcote 238.09
Dandenong 214.43
Ringwood 205.13
Forest Hill 203.23
Box Hill 203.16

Girls Division:
Keon Park 280.40
Sunshine 273.23
Morwell 271.08
Boronia 254.03
Knox 243.26
Frankston 241.18
Chadstone 229.39
Northcote 225.48
Dandenong 218.16
Highpoint 214.14
Box Hill 200.28
Forest Hill 177.10
Ringwood 176.37
Moorabbin 172.35 - Great effort to actually get a team win. It may
only be one game but u still did it!!!!

Firstly congratulations to Keon Park, on their success of winning AMF junior shield. Well Done!!
I have a suggestion, and would like to know what other bowlers think.
Why don't we have an annual tournament, where the top three AMF junior sheild teams (guys and girls), to play against the top three Goldpin Shield teams (guys and girls).
This is only a suggeston, which would enable juniors to have another competative tournament.
I know this would take a lot to organise, but i believe it would be a great tournament.
I would love to know what you think.
luv always
courtney

Good idea courtney, but what happens if bowlers participate in teams at both goldpin and junior sheild ? ? ? ?

Kelvin,

I agree the calibre of the bowlers and teams and the spirit in which the tournament was played and contested was fantastic!

However, I do not think there was any slagging on this post, it is just supporters getting behind their team...all in good fun. Slagging on the lanes during a tournament is another matter, it is totally unacceptable behaviour and the bowlers involved are the poorer for it. Interestingly, but not surprisingly the slagging did not give the team the result they were hoping for.

As for all the young bowlers who made their debut appearance this year, it was a great effort. Please keep up your bowling, it is a great game and if you keep at it before you know it your centre will be winning the shield.

As for the centres, get behind your Junior Bowlers, winning the Shield or being at the forefront of the competition bestowes alot of pride and recognition on your centre. Remember Centres winning the shield is a total team effort, your bowlers cannot do this without your support and development of their talent.

For now we will have to wait for next year when KEON PARK will be challenged...can they make it three years in a row....it is a big ask. Watch out Keon there is some very talented and determined bowlers and teams out there......this years competition was a testament to that!

To Courtney, it is great to see bowlers coming up with new ideas for competitions etc. However Cot does have a point, at this stage out of the 4 top placing teams on the weekend I know that all four teams have members who play in Gold Pin Centres. And of course Morwell itself is a Goldpin Centre competing in both Gold Pin and AMF Junior Shield.

Vic Junior shiled

It was really good to all the older bowlers that bowled in shield when they were juniors caming back to be managers and just helping out with their teams .
Thanks Kelvin for what you have posted it means so much to me and my juniors. One thing i can say about the girls team i had was that they gave me their all , that's all i could ever ask for .
Congreats to Keon Park the teams that they bowled with were great bowlers. A special congreats to Tracey Madden for her great bowling over the weekend .

Vic Junior shiled

It was really good to all the older bowlers that bowled in shield when they were juniors caming back to be managers and just helping out with their teams .
Thanks Kelvin for what you have posted it means so much to me and my juniors. One thing i can say about the girls team i had was that they gave me their all , that's all i could ever ask for .
Congreats to Keon Park the teams that they bowled with were great bowlers. A special congreats to Tracey Madden for her great bowling over the weekend .

Well, well, well, now that the weekend is over we have seen that "Keep on smiling" was right, Keon first in all divisions with Sunshine a close second. It has been a while since the last game decided so much. Congratulations to Keon Park girls, you got us in the last game and deserved the win. To the Sunshine girls, well we came so close, gave it your best and just missed out, but to be 11 points behind the leaders after Saturday, you gave it your best shot to catch up, nothing to be dissapointed about. I think Kelvin has taken the words out of my mouth about Moorabin and Chelsea, That will be a team to beat in the future. Congratulations to Cassie for making the ALL STARS Team, and of course Neil Parker who made it too. IT WAS A GREAT EFFORT FROM ALL BOWLERS IN ALL TEAMS and I hope this tournament continues to be such an enjoyable one, not just for the bowlers but the coaches, supporters and us managers. In case you didn't know who I was you do now!!! I am going to go and try to get my voice back now,
Catch you all later
Craig.

Well another year another shield. To all the teams who competed over the weekend well done. Special mention to the teams that finished down the field. It was great to see the guys and girls trying there hearts out and bowling with pride and determination. To the Sunshine an Morwell teams and others well done but better luck next time. A lot has been said about wether Keon Park could do it back to back. Well the spirit and comradary within the team was great to see. A special mention to some of the bowlers. Craig Ryan a truely inspiratrional leader bowled with poise and guts and didnt let any of the rubbish going on around him influence his performance. Great effort Allstar Craig. James Bowles well what can you say. 2nd top ave just dominated the lanes all weekend and drove the team on even when we fell to 5th on Sat another allstar well deserved. Tracey Madden once again proved to be one of the best junior bowlers in the country with a stand out performance. Allstar again and great leadership shown all weekend. Carly Allen, what can you say games of 231,222,258,208,201 on Sunday unbeleivable and deservedly top ave and allstar. To go with these outstanding juniors a team that was not going to let anything stand in there way of a win. coming from so far back on saturday shows the fighting spirit that only great teams show. It was a privilage to be involve with a great group of kids. 14 bowlers 1 team. Keon Park you beauty. Look out next year for a 3peat and yes we only loose 2 bowlers and no they are not our allstars. Go parkers

Just a suggestion to the obvious problem regarding the suggested Goldpin verses AMF, if the centres that were in the top three, held trials or submitted a team, hence, enabling bowlers to only bowl for one centre at the tournament. Or an alternative could be to have the all stars of each, AMF and Goldpin, play head to head, and each bowler would be representing AMF or Golpin for Victoria. I don't know if anyone who made Goldpin all stars made AMF all stars. Just a suggestion!
If anyone has any suggestions please post a reply, as i said before, this would be another chance, for junior bowlers to have a very competative tournament.
luv always
courtney

Hey Cot (Craig), nice to know who you are. Thanks for the accolade.....Yes I had a real good feeling that Keon Park was going to win and I knew Sunshine and Morwell would be at our heels.

However, who shocked the hell out of me was Moorabbin and Boronia......if they develop at the same rate they have over the past twelve months, they will be a force to be reckoned with next Year.

After the weekend, I feel that Keon Park will make it a 3peat and win next year. As Philby pointed out there will only be two bowlers that will leaving due to their age and none of them are the all stars. They also have some up and coming Youth bowlers who will fill the spot well. The rest of the team have enourmous potential and untapped talent. More importantly Keon Park is a Team in the truest sense.........this had hell of lot to do with their win.

Dozza,

It is disappointing that you have chosen to use this post to make the incident as you described public.

You know who the Mother of the Bowler is, so why do you contact her directly to discuss it rather than placing it on this post.

She will tell you why she is upset with your Son and as the saying goes there are two sides to every story.

Dissapointment

Dozza, I am not going to say anyone's name because that wouldnt be fair to the bowler who I use to have respect for, now i dont have any, maybe u should ask the bowler (your son) why he told our team to keep it on the lanes? maybe he had relised what he had said or was he ashamed for what he said, i dont think any opolgie would be accepted in the matter, because he had hurt our team and we will carry that scare for ever! and remember everytime we bowl angaist him!

I back the mother up that confronted the bowler because all she was doing was defending her son ( justice was served) Slagging and trying to confuse bowlers doesnt work! and the bowler is lucky that the team manager didnt go the A.M.F managers of the junior shield and tell them about this! next time im sure we will!

Dozza,

It is irrelevant who I am and I have no particular interest or view on what occurred and who is at fault. All I am suggesting is that you ring the mother concerned and discuss this openly and calmly. I think to be fair to all concerned including yourself, your son and who ever, it is not appopriate to be discussing these matters in public. It does not help anyone, as you are only adding further speculation and distress to the situation.

I hope you will take my advice.

Enough is enough

I hate to do this but i feel i have to step in on this one and hopefully end it now as i was the manager of one of the bowlers involved. i did not know of the events that have happened that have been described. I knew of a bit of mouthing off on the lanes and i had no objections to it. A little bit of someone getting into the ear of another bowler saying ur gonna miss or u going down should never be taken too seriously but when it goes further than that i DO OBJECT! Now knowing all the bowlers involved and being quite close to them and also being quite close to the mothers of these bowlers i am quite disappointed that nothing was said to me and that i had to find out here. Quite personally i would like it to end on here as of now and i would like the bowlers invovled and the mothers also to get in contact with me so we can sort this out NOW!!!
I had also threated my bowlers after an earlier game where i felt there was a bit too much slagging going on where in fact we lost that game.
If u r going to beat the opposition there is only one way to do it. ON THE SCOREBOARD! Sure play a few mind games on the opposition but dont go any further than that.
During the game where we lost i pulled our them Vice Captain aside and told him to restrict how much was going on down there, but he told me that it was the only way to beat him and get into his head.
I disagree. If u can string 5 or 6 strikes in a row against him i am pretty sure he would start bowling crap and bring his own team down. Therefore a team win would have come our way.
As a former Junior Shield bowler and captain of my centre i will admit to a bit of slagging on the lanes but nothing too serious and after all was done i spoke to the opposition team and said that all that was said and done stays here on the lanes and that we still have the upmost respect for each other and to this day some of those bowlers are still very close friends with me and we look back and laugh at our moments.
Now as team manager of the team involved i would personally like to apologise for the actions that have happened and for any hurt done to bowlers, team management, parents and supporters due to these actions.
I have also heard of this happening at this years President Shield Team about people losing respect for a particular bowler because of the way he was on the lanes but off the lanes other people didn't realise how good of friends these people were off the lanes.
I know the bowlers involved here are actually quite good friends off the lanes.
As i have said above i would like to have all persons involved to please contact me in whatever way possible so we can sort this situation out in a civil manner. Our two teams have a great friendship and also are great rivals ON THE LANES, and i really hope that come next year this can be put to the back of our minds and get back to being friends off and on the lanes but also great rivals on the lanes. I know it wont be forgiven or forgotten but we need to move forward and away from this issue. We have always been friends and rivals and i dont want to see that disappear over this incident.
Please lets move on and look at the positives for next year
Thanks Kelvin

Dozza,
Now i know there has just been a post from muels- but leaving it in the manner is only making the confronted mother look bad- and trust me i am not going to let that happen.
She had reasons.
The mother who told ur son to fuck off had a perfectly good reason to do so. As already said- she was standing up for her son- and the others in the team. Although you make it sound as though the reason behind her saying this was because her son was just beaten by urs, that is completely irrelivant. If that had have been- why not to the other bowlers he was beaten by?
The reason was the way ur son acted on the lanes towards the opposing team. Yes, being fired up and cheering and supporting ur team is fine, but the actions ur son took were not. On many occasions when the opposing team did not get a strike, or they left a split, ur son (and another of his team mates) were right in their faces rubbing it in. They walked right to the approach commenting on what the bowler had just bowled- right in their faces. Not only this- whenever ur son did get a strike (and i say this from seeing it myself, so don't even bother trying to deny) rather then walking/running off the lane to his team to continue the cheering or whatever, he would walk back but scream shit in the oppostions face, who- of course- was on the appraoch about to bowl.
But the thing that upsets me the most, is ur son, not keeping his hands to himself. If ur unsure about what i'm talking about- just ask him- or anyone of the bowlers he did it to.
There's a difference about enjoying your bowling, and not letting others enjoy their bowling. Unfortunately, the latter was what ur son was trying to do. What i dont understand is muels not noticing what was going on- keep a close eye on ur bowlers- it was well out of control.
There is also a difference between playing a mental game- and just being stupid. I dont call the actions of ur son a mental game.
Right along with many others, i don't respect ur son any longer. And rather than being confussed about what happened, he should look at his actions and discover for himself why he was confronted in such a manner.
Before i go, just defending everyone in the allstar team, i just heard from ur son- he didn't receive "poor behaviour" from any members of the all star team.
Lets hope that this "poor behaviour" does not continue on in the future.
Rowdy.

yes very agreed rowdy and i am very sorry to have not seen it but it is very difficult to see alot of the things on the lanesespecially when there are 10 - 12 - 14 bowlers down there.
and having mangers responsibilites as scores, line ups filling in sheets, getting food and drinks it is quite easy to miss things but why it wasnt brought to my attention sooner i do not know.
i am also deeply hurt by what i have heard that went on. sure i told to team to get into the minds of the other team but not to go to the extent that it did go.
i did tell the team to control there actions but did it work ... no! if anything it got worse and i had also spoken to the organisers of Junior Shield about my own team and how unhappy i was.
at current i am talking to a bowler on the other end of these actions and he was unhappy but we are getting an understanding of happened and that i cannot see everything but why it wasnt said to the other teams manager and coach then brought to me i do not know.
please dont attack me on this as i was unaware of it happening and if i saw it was that bad i would have made sure it stopped immediately. i knew that things were getting a bit serious down there and i told them to tone it down but they did not listen.

As rowdy said "What i dont understand is muels not noticing what was going on- keep a close eye on ur bowlers- it was well out of control." well i cant see everything when there are 5 of my bowlers next to the lane and 7 thats right 7 players of the other team in there (there was only meant to be the 5 bowlers but i wasnt going to complain about that coz i disagree with that ruling)
but u put 12 bowlers next to the lanes add in some yelling cheering supporting as well as other duties and tell me u can see and hear everything that happens.
why someone didnt say it to me sooner i dont understand. it would have stopped immediately. i treid to tone it down but the bowlers involved did ignore my instructions and as a coach accredited by the AIS and NCAS and being team manager i knew i could not get physical with my team.

and to add in a little bit more information i had already been warned twice earlier about getting too close to the action therefore i did have to keep my distance.
i also like to focus on what what team is bowling like and watching there shots and seeing where they are going right or wrong.
i dont have 8 eyes to have an eye on every piece of the action. if i am watching my bowlers shot i cant be watching what 2 other bowlers doing near the ball return.

Back
Top Bottom