afl grand final

Sorry but Who would care

Dont they have enough in the tank to play
until they get a result

What a Scam

The Real Footy is on tonight

LOL @ Geoff300

The NRL is a bit player in Australian sport compared to the juggernaut that is the AFL.

Agree though that extra time should be played

I'm sick and tired of them pissing about with football generally speaking.
However, in the occasion of a drawn Grand Final, due to the logistics of the day in question it probably should go to a fifth quarter, especially now that it is an interstate comp rather than solely Victorian (with the Sydney Swans).

I'm just waiting for some retard to call for a 'penalty shootout' with shots from outside 50 to determine the premiership... :rolleyes:

Sorry but Who would care

Dont they have enough in the tank to play
until they get a result

What a Scam

The Real Footy is on tonight

Well at least 100,016 inside the stadium would care, not mention the 20,000+ outside watching on screens outside, not to mention the millions watching in pubs and houses across the country....

As an aside to the draw today, the last drawn VFL/AFL Grand Final was in 1977, ironically (and I think it might've even been on the very same day), the 1977 NSWRL (now NRL) Grand Final was also a draw.

Well at least 100,016 inside the stadium would care, not mention the 20,000+ outside watching on screens outside, not to mention the millions watching in pubs and houses across the country....

As an aside to the draw today, the last drawn VFL/AFL Grand Final was in 1977, ironically (and I think it might've even been on the very same day), the 1977 NSWRL (now NRL) Grand Final was also a draw.

In NSW we have lives to live , we all dont go to watch flies crawl
up a wall like people do in VIC
Plenty of people love Footy in all codes

NSW will always be Rugby League and VIC will always be AFL
This is clear when we look at the Storm, the players are ALL from
QLD , maybe a couple from NSW. They are cheats and dont deserve
to be in our competition

I don't like AFL at all , I have been to the MCG to watch a game and
it is a specticle but an ordinary game, Just my opinion

Yes 1977 was a draw, You think the AFL may have learnt something
and managed to move on from that

Aside from all that I can't see how you can get a draw in AFL when you get a mark for nearly catching the ball and points for nearly getting a goal surely one of the teams could have got an extra point somewhere

Oh God, it's got to go on for another week... :)

I think Dave Warner understood what football is about...

I go the football, to cheer for my team.
I go to the football, to hear myself scream.
I'm just a suburban boy,
Just a suburban boy...

I lol'd at every person loosing there bets. haw haw haw.

so the team that wins get $600,000 to go towards there players..... now the players want a BIGGER cut going into Sundays game? Pfft, greed is NOT good.

LOL @ Geoff300

The NRL is a bit player in Australian sport compared to the juggernaut that is the AFL.

Agree though that extra time should be played

I would have to disagree with you on that Brenton, that would be like a one ball roll off for first place in a major tournament.

Grumpy

Actually it'd be more like a 9th and 10th frame roll off.

I personally don't care much for AFL either, although I did watch the last 5 mins, the most I'd seen of it all year, bar maybe one occasion in Victoria one night. The game often reminds of u/6's playing football (the real one), where it's a mass of people kicking, dropping, throwing, passing the ball when no one has control of it, until someone takes a 'Mark' and then it's kick and hope again. That's not important though, the people at home aren't really affected, it's the people who flew there and paid for tickets that are affected. Most people would rather see a result on the day, but everyone turned up knowing that a draw would result in another game. Can you really complain...

Cow

Think of the money the AFL will make out of a second Grand Final... for that reason they'll never change the rules. And if I ran the AFL, I wouldn't either!! People may think the rule is ridiculous... and maybe it is but hey, atleast we get another weekend of footy!!

What could be better than having a weekend of Grand Final football!!

Lovin' it!!

I thought the toilets busting a valve and flooding the players dressing rooms was the highlight of the match... im with Geoff... the real GF is this sunday.

I thought the toilets busting a valve and flooding the players dressing rooms was the highlight of the match... im with Geoff... the real GF is this sunday.

It's just too bad the Roosters are playing. GO DRAGONS!! (not that I'm a Dragons fan, I just can't stand the Roosters)

Back
Top Bottom