ACT & Southern NSW Presidents Shield Roll-Offs

It seems to me that act_bowler and bowling_buddy have a problem with the way that the ACT & SNSW team was chosen and it would be better if they were to stop trying to destroy the team before it even starts training.

There seems to be a lot of conjecture on the part of act_bowler and bowling_buddy as to what may or may not have been said during selection. I suggest they request a meeting with the Board so they can obtain the facts first hand. Without understanding the selection process and going off half-cocked, they are only doing a disservice to themselves and the ACT & SNSW President Shield team in general.

I ask the likes of act_bowler and bowling_buddy, have you ever stopped to consider the damage you are doing to the two bowlers whose names you have consistently put forward into the forum during your attacks on the selection process? How would you feel if such attacks were aimed at you, day after day? If you really want to get daring, put your name to the post! If you really, really want answers then ask the board, or are you just using the forum for your own self-gratification?

Colin

First of all I'd like to say congrats to everyone who made the shield teams. I have to admit that I don't know anyone from either the girls or boys team so I'm not biased in anyway in what I am about to say and I bowled shield for a couple of years and was a reserve for a couple of years as well so I know what it's like to just miss out in coming 8th. I totally agree with Nugget, who I had the pleasure of bowling shield with for those 2 years that I did, in that it's a total load of bullshit. The captains should always be picked by the team, as it is their team and it's all for them. But what astounds me the most is that there are people on here saying you should cop it sweet and just get on with it. That's not how it works in the real world so why should it be that way in state teams? You have to stand up for what you believe in and when something is a total crock of shit you have to say so and at least keep some integrity in what you are doing, even if there is no integrity in ACT Southern commitees as there is clearly favourtism and bias, which in some sectors out there in the real world would be considered ethically and maybe even criminally wrong. Now i've got nothing against the blokes that were installed as cap and v/c, but obviously there is something seriously wrong here otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion. And this doesn't apply to the people who were chosen because they were injured. I totally agree with people who get injured, and who would have obviously made the team, being picked as long as it is for those reasons alone and nothing more.
That's my opinion anyways, you guys shell out all the cash and make shield what it is so when something is screwed then u have the RIGHT to say so. Even if nothing is done about it, and if you don't speak up then nothing ever will be done about it, then at least you can walk away with your integrity intact and knowing that you tried to do the right thing and maybe even gain the respect of the people who matter most, your fellow bowlers.

Not everyone is going to agree with other peoples decisions! but there were reasons, whether people like it or not! it would be a bit rude to award someone the position of captaincy and then take away that priviledge! and this crap about a team meeting, so the bowlers can say who they think should be C and VC.What are they spose to do "Give Up" their position!?! If you had 5 other members of your team saying they want someone else to be captain and vice captain wouldnt you feel oblidged to give up your position?

Cows a great bowler the world of bowling knows that! he doesnt have to be pointed as captain to show that! His been there once give someone else a go.

also whether someone has an injury or not is almost irrelevent to selection, unless its an on going problem that will effect there performance in shield.

Cheers Krystal King :!:

p.s. Congrats to everyone who is in the act side :D

TAZ said:
Seriously theres one thing I can say about this, the selection of captains and Lysa being picked
what is the one thing you can say about this macca?

blame went to the poor bugger who had to tell the families and everyone else why the decision was made.know one cared what this person was feeling and how hard it was to tell them, they were treated as if they were the one who made this decision not the commitee
That is totally wrong. Those people (such as Taz) told everyone exactly how hard it was to pick the people they picked. They have worked so hard this year and in past years on the ACT/Sounthern committee. Do they get thanks for what they do. If they do, they get hardly any. It's bout time that people started thinking exactly how hard it is to choose a bunch of bowlers when so many bowl extremely well, let alone picking the Captains and Vice Captains. I also think it is wrong that people should be yelled and screamed at for not picking certain people as Captain and Vice Captain. I don't think someone deserved to be people deserved to be put to tears because of this. It's just not right, and it's not sportsmanship. Say what you want about what I've said, but i think that what has been done has been done and it should just be left at that. There's no need for conflict.

luke said:
if we look at cows record for shield, then why the hell isnt he captain, but ne ways just makee u top all star, for another year
Like i said. What's been done has been done. Cow, even though he's one of the best bowlers around, doesn't always have to be captain. He has been captain before. He did a fantastic job. But you can't always expect someone to be captain. He may have bowled teriffic and all, but he isn't always going to get captaincy, and this is what people must accept. You can't always expect to be catain or vice. I'd hate to think what that commitee had to go through when they were picking people. It makes me sick the way they were treated after everyone was selected. It's not fair on them. I wish that evryone would just lay off the commitee's backs and be done with it all.

Rowey, I know that being on the commitee isn't easy but they applied for the job and therefore they should know what they are taking on. If this was an isolated incident then there probably wouldn't have been the backlash that there has been and the commitee would be forgiven and all would be fine but this sort of crap has been going on for years and it's just not right. People should be accountable for the decisions they make, whether they are on a commitee or whatever, and those decisions should be able to be discussed publicly cause after all this is meant to be a democracy. So if I think that a decision made by a commitee is a shocker and was based more on bias and personality clashes rather can common sense with an objective view for the overall benefit of the team, then I'm going to say so.

AdamT. If the committee were biased about this whole thing, wouldn't they pick bowlers that they were good friends with, or from the centres that they are from? The committee are allowed to do that, but they're not stupid. They actually take their time picking the bowlers, and sometimes they might not pick bowlers that have been consistent. This year was one of the hardest years to pick the teams. How would you like it if you were faced with the decisions that they have to make? I think you'd be in the exact same spot as they are. There's always going to be uproar. 'He/she didn't get picked'. Or'He/she was most consistent, so why aren't they in the side?' These things happen, and there's always going to be people who won't except things and want to have a good old whinge. I honestly think that it should just be left alone. If not, people will continue to be hurt. There will be major conflicts between people. It's a load of bull.

stormy said:
I ask the likes of act_bowler and bowling_buddy, have you ever stopped to consider the damage you are doing to the two bowlers whose names you have consistently put forward into the forum during your attacks on the selection process?
Colin

bowlingbuddy said:
not taking away from the bowlers that got in, they did deserve to be there

bowlingbuddy said:
the selection process just leaves a lot to be desired, i dont know about other states but there is always a big hurrah after the act selections.

Colin,
read through my posts not once did i say a name of any bowler. My problem does not lie with team but the committee. As i have said i congratulate all the members of the team.

Can i ask if the coaches and managers and other committee members know about the 'team meeting' to discuse captaincy?

Krystal

No coaches or managers have been appointed as yet.
nominations have not been sent to any centres, the centres can expect them in the next couple of weeks.

cheers

Colin

hey krystal
i just wanted to say the team meeting isnt about whos going to be catpain its about if i want to stay there and how the team feels about me being captain

ian said:
hey krystal
i just wanted to say the team meeting isnt about whos going to be catpain its about if i want to stay there and how the team feels about me being captain
I reckon you should go for it, Ian. Forget what other people might be saying about you as captain. This could be your last chance at captaincy, so i reckon you should give it a go.

oi maybe you should all just stop winging about this look the dision is made how bout you all just leave it. the captians were chosen wow cowland didnt make it who cares who knows maybe ian and michael will be better then previous years

oi maybe you should all just stop winging about this look the dision is made how bout you all just leave it. the captians were chosen wow cowland didnt make it who cares who knows maybe ian and michael will be better then previous years

And maybe someone like you Corwyn, should just pipe down and not open your mouth unless you understand everything eh??
If that was an 'angry post' coz you didnt make it, well just settle down and try again for 2006.
And as for the whole "wow cowland didnt make it who cares" part of your post, well...A LOT OF PEOPLE CARE...Steve has done an awesome job in the past, and I hope that he can share his captaincy skills, and help Ian be the captain I know he can be.

well then no its not a go at him coz i didnt get in

all i can say is that maybe he can share skills with ian thats fine but he shouldnt have people going off at the board there dision is final so deal with it

Being the awesome person and bowler that he is, I'm sure Cow doesnt have to be captain to be able to shout, scream, encourage and motivate the team. There doesn't have to be just one person that has to do this.
As I experienced this year and last the ACT/Southern team are all loud and all can support eachother.
Congratulations to everyone who made the team and hopefully I will see you at shield again next year.
Alicia

KriDdLe said:
If you had 5 other members of your team saying they want someone else to be captain and vice captain wouldnt you feel oblidged to give up your position?

Cows a great bowler the world of bowling knows that! he doesnt have to be pointed as captain to show that! His been there once give someone else a go.

YES, if I had 5 team mates telling me that they didn't think I had what it takes to lead them, I WOULD STEP DOWN.

What does being appointed Captain have to do with showing how good someone is, it's got nothing to do with how good a bowler you are, it's about how good a Captain you are, whether you are good at leading a team, encouraging & motivating them. The question here isn't how good is Cow as a bowler, it's whether he is best equipped to lead the team? Or alternatively, are the two guys that were picked best equipped to lead the team?

Hi all,

This has gone on too long. Everyone should just butt out and let THE PEOPLE CONCERNED discuss it NOT ON THE INTERNET and sort out what action will be taken if any. Stephen has not missed out on the team, he simply isn't capatin.
At the end of the day, the captain doesn't really do squat anyway, he only encourages his team, JUST LIKE ALL OTHER TEAM MEMBERS, and signs the score sheet.
I know very well how it feels to be overlooked for something you believe you deserve, so comiserations Stephen, but also know how it feels when you are given a task where you really need to step up, so i wish you the best Ian and Michael.
Now that has been said, you should all go back to the practice lanes and work hard so you can bring home another trophy to ACT & Southern NSW.

Andrew Blissett

Please note, I am man enough to put my name to my post, unlike too many others

well even though i did not go that well i still think that u can't get everything in life so live with it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hi ian its tim from roll off's i think your a great bowler so just forget what's happened and just bowl like u did at roll off's :lol: :lol: :D :D

Back
Top Bottom