2009 Switch Innisfail Open

I apologise to all for not having updated results yet. I plan to have detailed results for all stages of the events posted. Currently there is NO POWER at the bowl as part of scheduled down time from Ergon energy and I am doing this from home.

I would like to take this opportunuty to congratulate and thank all the bowlers that competed in our inuagural tournament at the weekend. Most times the very people that deserve the most thanks go without recognition, and these people are the bowlers themselves. Events such as this are nothing without bowlers participation, you can have the best run tournament in the world with 20 players and the tournament would still suck.

We are very lucky to have a great group of bowling personalities and the atmosphere generated by such bowlers over the weekend was fantastic.

Finally, thanks to the extraordinary team at Switch Asia-Pacific in Steve Jones and Paul Costante. The financial support in Sponsorship was terrific and enabled the event to be a success, but the personal support and guidance from both these truly amazing blokes was inspirational. Thanks boys.

Thanks EJ and family for putting this on and also thanks for Steve Jones and Paul Costante for helping out through the weekend too. Also thanks to Logan City Bowl for helping me out in so many ways. Also thanks to Shaun and the Tellytubby for scaring the hell out of me the last game!!!(and Rob Buckley have you still got that Fire Quantum, i still want it!!! :p) See you all and hopefully about 20 more bowlers next year

Big thanks goes to E-J and the helpers for the weekend because without them the tournament just wouldnt have been such a success as it was. I had fun and would definitely come back for years to come as long as people can get behind it and go up for the trip.

To the major sponsor Switch and all other sponsors, a huge thanks goes out to you as well because also without your sponsorship the tournament wouldnt have even gone ahead!!

And finally congratulations to all the bowlers that threw 300s or 299s or hell even something that was quite big.. it all makes the game more exciting to watch!!

and now thats all from me!!

THANKS AGAIN

Just want to back up what everyone else has said, I think it is safe to say that the 2009 Switch Innisfail Open was an outstanding success.

1. EJ, Mandy, Jess and the whole Starky family - I know how much time and effort you all put into this both in the lead up to and during the tournament and it shows, you did a great job, and should be very proud of yourself.

2. Steve Jones - What an absolute Champion!! I have met a lot of really great people through bowling, and Steve Jones is definately one of those. A thorough professional, dedicated, committed and 110% passionate about the game and the industry. What an absolutely wicked sense of humour this man possesses, and if you are precious, thin skinnned or just take yourself too seriously - then watchout!!

3. Paul Costante - consumate professional!!

4. To Switch Industries and all the other sponsors for providing an brilliant payout for the tournament, I know it was greatly appreciated by all the bowlers. Thank you to Michael Falkes and crew for their hard work in gaining the extra sponsorship

5. Tony Hamilton, Shaun Dunn and Scott Gillington - the official count was 3 x 300 and 2 x 299 but both Scott and Shaun's 299's were absolutely deserving of perfection. If there is a more improved (and talented) bowler anwhere in Queensland (maybe Australia) than Shaun Dunn then I'll eat my hat. Shaunn - we have always known how talented you are, but it now appears that you are finally starting to realise just how good you can be. Keep up the great work - and just remember to give us rev challenged bowlers a chance. :D

6. Kate Murry on a convincing win in the women's division, you bowled really awesome all weekend and should be really proud of your efforts.

7. Anyone who thinks that NQ doesn't possess some really good emerging talent is hugely mistaken - Shaun Dunn, Brendan Muscat, Tyson Jones, Kate Murry are leading a new generation of NQ Bowler that really have the goods to go to that next level. Then there are the bowlers of the future like Allan Sloan Jr.

8. To Adrian Shelton on a great win - we nearly got you!! :)

9. Finally to all the people (both bowlers who missed the cut and spectators) who came to watch and cheer on the Sunday, it really provided a great atmosphere especially in some of the really close games that were played as well as the final game when it was neck and neck between about 5 bowlers.

I very much look forward to the 2010 Innisfail Open, and hope that word spreads about how good this tourney is and we have a burgeoning field of 100+ bowlers.

Cheers

Steve "TubbY" Hunt :D
(Team Hammer NQ Representitive)

PS Thanks to Brenda Carr for having a great sense of humour and not beating me up :D:D

Well done Adrian - even though you're now in sunny Q'ld I hope you've let everyone know that you are from good old SA!! Wish we were there to see you win in Innisfail - we always miss the big ones !!
Yasmin.

A good deal less rain here in WA now I am back from "not so sunny Queensland" [well today anyway] - but not half as much fun.

From Paul Costante, myself and everyone at Switch Bowling - thank you for all the kind words expressed in each post in this thread since the tournament.

It was a great pleasure to be involved and as noted at the presentation we will be back again in 2010. It was a great event, a pleasure to have a small hand in it - but very critically great fun...if it was all else - but not much fun - then frankly we wouldn't bother again. But it was all that and more...to E-J, Mandy and all the Starkey's thank you, Hunt you hit the nail flat with your comments about Dunn, Kate and Junior Jones etc - as well there is no doubt in my mind that Sloan Jnr will be great - should be with what he has packed into his game in such a short time - and finally to Ott, Hunt, Bailey and Buckley etc, etc - thanks for showing me such a great time. The last time I had that much fun I had to take large tablets for weeks on end to calm down [and to fix my liver]!!!

Cheers
Steve Jones

I was only an on looker over the weekend from Townsville but though it was an outstanding event thank you EJ, Mandy job well done, Steve Jones professional and dedicated well done but still a bit of a **** head and finally congratulations to all the bowlers over the weekend well done some out standing games. Local junior Allan Sloan is only 18 year old and coming in 10th spot with an average of around 210 in his first major open tournament well done, he was described over the weekend by a few of the bowlers as one of the great up-and-coming bowling talents in Australia you all should be proud of him. The Fund Raising of two members were out standing Allan Sloan and Michael Faulks good on them I had pleasure of talking to one of them over the bar on the weekend, well done to the local businesses it was a great weekend thanks.

You know John - or whatever your name is - people can take all the free kicks at me they like, I'm used to it and that's OK because when you put yourself out there and do what I've done over 40 plus years in this game and business - you simply can't win them all. So I'm used to it - and most people that take a "swing" do so to my face and for that they get my respect - in your case, and like some others in the recent past, you hide behind a pseudonym. Which just makes you utterly irrelevant.....and do you know John, there are many things I may be - and it's certainly true that from time to time I've been called worse than a ****head...but do you know champ the truth is - I will NEVER ever be irrelevant!

Enjoy you day...Steve Jones

You know what Big John, your just a Big Flogger!

I have no idea how you were allowed to make a profile without using your last name, maybe that's something the site administrators have to look into.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Steve Jones (maybe one day I will) but I do know I have heard nothing but good things about him, to come on here and publically trash an aussie legend is woeful,

Man up and put your name to your posts!!!

I'm man enough to

Frank Nucifora

Big John
You obviously haven't put much thought into this post

Cardinal Rule No 1 YOU NEVER BAG SPONSORS:mad::mad::mad:

Fortunately for all involved Steve Jones who I met for the first time at Innisfail is a top bloke very funny and very knowledgable and luckily thick skinned.

I totally agree with you Frankie if you got something to say about people put your full name to the post so we know who you are.

My fifty cents worth
Kerri Bailey

Come on Big John give this crap a break give me one reason that gives you the right to bag any one at all.

No wonder people get jack of this sport some times. This is for you and any one out there that have anything to bag people about say it to a persons face dont be a ball less chicken.

To add the what Kerri said mate to bag a sponsor is just low no wonder business dont want to support us.

Steve as like me being in business you have been called many things and i am sure you will not take it to hard.

To Big John

Seriously dude, if you are going to get on and bag anybody under a psuedonym, let alone a major sponsor and a great bloke at least try not to let your own personal bias shine through, for you my friend are as transparent as cellpophane.

I know exactly who you are!!!

Yes Allan Sloane Jnr did bowl extremely well, but I have no reason to be proud of him as I don't even know him. For what it's worth he seems like a nice kid with some ability, but I think labelling him one of Australia's great up and comers may be just a tad premature (especially given some of the young talent on display at the K&K in Brisbane this weekend).

Finally to you my friend I say "it is better to say nothing and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

So think before you type next time MORON!!!:mad: :mad:

Steve Hunt

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that "big john" is banned and is therefore unable to read what you have posted about him.
The only way he will know what is written here is if somebody tells him.

Please continue to post on how successful the Switch Innisfail Open is and thank the sponsors.
I am sure the sponsors support is much appreciated :)

well well well lucky for some glad everybody said something here, or maybe another series of underbelly might be on the cards, steve jones beyond reproach in my eyes signed BIG GEOFF VADER!

I am not going to comment on the rubbish that has been said about Steve Jones, instead I am just going to reiterate previous comments about the man.

Role Model, Mentor, Professional, Gentleman, Knowledgable, Mate, Excellent Businessman, Perfectionist, Fair, Wise and ultimately just a great bloke!!

Steve I know you are thick skinned and have dealt with far more rubbish than this over your years, but you are dealing with a new group of people this time around, being involved with Innisfail and North Queensland bowlers and I can speak for 99.99% of us, we think you are a top bloke and your input, in whatever sense, is very much valued and enjoyed.

Also.............. I didnt get to have that glass of red with you mate!!!!! I was too bloody busy..... next time .....

Thx to everyone for the support both here and via calls I have had over the weekend. I have to say I am humbled by the kind words. Let me just add a few final points and then this little bit of stupidity can go to its natural swift death!

1. Of course this has zero to do with our support of bowling as a sponsor of the Innisfail Open or this web site or anything else we do - Chris Carney and E-J - you are right of course - we all get it in the neck sometimes but we move on and stay the course.

2. This has everything to do however with a decision I made as TD of the Switch Open. These things happen sometimes [rarely I'm pleased to say] and mostly they are handled and finished and done on the day - not in this case it seems. So the "fallout" such as it is has zero impact on me or our business, the event or the centre and certainly not the centre owners and staff.....the "fallout" will be at the feet of others. So be it.

Thanks again to everyone,

Steve

Big John would like to apologize to Steve Jones for posting a certain comment on this site, the missing word that they blocked out started with the letter " S " and not what some people made it out to be. I apologize to Totalbowling also.

Back
Top Bottom