2004 Hall of Shame....

Ahhh young Rowey you are a cack. LoL.
During nationals I had a good laugh at quite a few people whilst I sat in the cafe. One of the best blunders I saw was a kid who got his ball out picked it up and bowled in his sneakers/skate shoes and literally belly flopped onto the lane. I got a good laugh outta that.

Laterz
Jen

Two more things about me.
1)Get this, right. I used to throw my shot and then practice the shot again(which probably pissed off some bowlers coz it probably put em' off. I've stopped doin' the practice thingy now). Anyway, i was bowlin' Sydney Intercentre one time last year, and i did a practice thingy coz i think i threw a crap shot. When i slid, my foot went over the foul line.
Having bowled on the wrong lane before that, i felt pretty stupid. This is more evidence to prove i can be an idiot.
2)Me and Jen used to like attemptin' to bowl 300 games in no tap. One time i bowled 6 no tap, and i was on 7, 8, or 9 in a row, i threw it in the gutter. Another time bowlin' 6 no tap, i had 11 in a row, and i threw a 5. Another time bowling 7 no tap, i had 11, then bowled a 5. To this day i've got 6, 7, 8 no tap 300's, and a real one, but still need 9 no tap.

My dodgy Wednesday arvo strikes...I made a shot that came in heavy...left a 4-10...but some pin from somewhere made the 10 pin fall forward and as if it were magnetically attracted rolled straight over to the 4 pin and knocked it over. Then there was my pocket shot that almost left a 7-10, but the 7 pin wobbled and fell to the left, as did the 10 pin...it was like synchronised pin falling...or something. lol.
Mind you...Rowey wasnt to happy were ya chap? LoL. 8)

No, coz it was bull that u got so much pin carry. But I've seen worse.

Practcicng on the weekend with my mate Scott, i saw another book of shame entry happen before my eyes. Our English teacher just happened to be at the bowling alley(Strikezone) on Sunday, and, being a complete idiot, i walked straight past her without noticing she was even there. Someone said hello, and i realised it was her. Anyway, she was bowling with her family on the lane next to us, and Scott got up to bowl. One of my teachers' kids bowled, and a few seconds later Scott bowled. Scott's ball went flying off his thumb. It went pretty high. I'm suprised it didn't put a hole in the approach(lol). If my teacher's kid had bowled a few seconds later, the poor kid might have been hit by a bowling ball thanks to Scott. Soon after, he put some ball tape in his thumb hole. He said it was a tight fit, and i asked him the next day how did it come off his thumb if it was a tight fit? He said it was a tight fit when he put the tape in, and he had put the tape in coz he was scared it might happen again. He also told me that the ball wasn't drilled properly for him, which made me wonder why the heck he was using the ball in the first place. I suppose u learn from your mistakes, though. Cya!

Just thought i'd mention that i was bowling with someone else's ball on Fridaynight and it came off my thumb and clipped my toes. Luckily, it didn't land on my foot. That'll teach me, i suppose. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ok, I think this is very shameful...
Yesterday, practising lanes were ditched. My sister picked up an 8lb house ball and threw her normal shot with it. At the normal speed (like 15km if that!) and with prolly more than normal revs. It came into the pocket and left a SOLID 5-7-10...I nearly died. I just screamed out loud and I went off. I just could not believe it, still cant either. The only bummer is that it was her 2nd shot of the frame following a gutter, and she wanted to leave me another one and came close, only to have the 10 pin fall late

House balls don't carry for some really weird reason, even though they're full of oil, and you can get plenty of revs with them. I reckon if you wanted to practice sparin' splits, just get a light house ball and throw it down the lane(lol). Maybe Taz would let the Youth Squad practice with house balls so that we can get better at sparing splits. Actually, i probably don't need house balls to get splits. I could probably just chuck one of my bowling balls down and leave a split. I'm good at throwin' pocket shots and leavin' the 7-10.

lol w/e

U cant say house balls don't hook. remember on the day we got off on friday and ty u and i used it.......it hooks like hell and we threw like 20 k's plus......... ty threw a perfect pocket shot wit it n left the 5-8-10 i was so weird.....we laughed our hed off tho.......we like doin jason belmonte bowls(2 handa's) and reverse 2
l8a :shock:

Bowling practice today, i had 6 in a row, right. Bryce kept making me laugh each shot. Anyway, i came in too heavy on the 7th frame and left the 4-7(he made me laugh again), then got one pin. He stopped making me laugh, and what do i do...i strike out and bowl 266! ](*,) :x :bad-word:

I thought i might make a fool of myself some more. Bowling in league, i had finished off my 10th frame. Being dumb like i am, i hadn't realised that i had finished my game and bowled. The ball was heading straight down the middle, and everything seemed to be OK. I didn't realise until the ball was half-way down the lane that something was wrong. The pin clearer came down, and i hit it in the middle. If your looking for another way to get a ball return, then that's it(lol). The ball came back to me, rolling back through the right gutter. :oops: :oops: :oops: Rowey strikes again!

How about this for low games. In Sydney Intercentre 2003, at Bateau Bay, i bowl 96. =D> =D> =D> :oops: :oops: :oops: In Sydney Intercentre 2004, at Campbeltown,in the very first round for the year, in the very first game, having had almost a year's more experience...i bowl 98. =D> =D> =D> :oops: :oops: :oops: That was a highlight to kick off the season (NOT!).

in qualifying for a championships down here in tasmania i shot 398 for 3 (very embarrising) and made the cut i finished 3rd over all in the final with a 191 average thats nearly 60 pins difference!!
marsh

U say u made the cut with 398 for 3 games? Wow thats gr8. Remind me 2 go to Tassie more often!!

2004 B.O.S.

Wow! Havent read this thread for quite awhile so I thought I would take a look. Great to see all the horrible leaves still getting a mention along with my old mates the scaly 8.10's or in my case 7,9's and the best leave of all the Xmas tree or 'sour apple' as its also known. Just a reminder to all that when me and Scoops first invented the book way back in the early 90's the one rule we had was if a bowler left any "Book" entry it wasnt recorded if it was spared. This only happenned to me once when Morty Douglas left a nice 8,10 during Rachuig (cant remember what year) and proceeded to pick it up. I have never forgiven him for that!. Baron

My mate was bowlin' and he left the 2-3-7. I was bowlin' with a 15 pound Storm Razor Wire one night, and i put in a pocket shot and left the 4-7-10. :oops: :? I finished with a fantastic game of 110. That ball is one strange ball. I'm pretty good at bowlin' with my Track Stomp and leavin' 7-10's off pocket shots. I can do that at Mt Druitt really well when the lanes are dry. :p

I was the first person to leave the 5-7-10 at the commonwealth youth games camp. the very first game on saturday in the 3rd frame. id finally found a shot...hit pocket and it just stared me in the face.

there were a few more after mine, i know michael craig, emma tub and fiona (sorry i cant spell ur last name) left it aswell michael and emmas on the same lanes in the same game

i had a nice shot the ball just dident get up and take out the five pin added with the great carry i was left with the 7 and the 10, came close to sparing it aswell lol

Back
Top Bottom