Tassie 'Grand Prix' Series 2003

scooter

Gus,

How bout posting some initial thoughts/ideas/formats for the tornies you were telling me about tonight ...... I know details might be sketchy at this stage, but would help generate some interest and discussion ....

after all there hasnt been much happening on the old tassie forum of late!

thats all for now!

Gus,

Doesn't worry me too much, cos you have already filled me in on what they 'rough' proposal is ..... but im sure there are others out there who wouldnt mind getting some sort of idea of whats in store!

GP 2003

Ok ppls. These are the Proposed dates for a grand prix circuit next yr. We will be having 4 main tourneys and then a Champion Of Champions at the end of the Year. They are still in the proposal stage as we (Graham and Me) are waiting on approval/input from Warren Stewart. I am announcing the dates now, because of the STATE AGM this sunday. So all involved at the AGM, THESE DATES ARE TAKEN!! lol Graham Will also put a link up for you to view the Excel Spreadsheet which details formats, breakdowns, etc etc. Hopefully we can make a real goer of this and make it a success, but, the only way it will be successfull is IF EVERYONE IS INVOLVED. What I mean by that is everybody pushes to get maximum amount of ppl participating in each event. We had 3 really good tourneys this year, lets just keep following on from that.

March 2nd
Moonah Classic

May 18th
Launceston Doubles Skins

August 10th
SOMEBODY COME UP WITH A NAME?? (Moonah)

October 12th
Launceston Classic

December 14th
Champion of Champions (Launceston)

Pls have a look and see what you guys think. Feel free to make CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Anything that is not constructive, I can't be bothered with.

Hey Gus, how you doin.

It all sounds great. I might even have to wipe the dust off my equipment to compete.

Just one question, i gather these are AMF sponsored events as they are listed for the two AMF centres and not in Burnie or Devonport.

Hey everyone,

Brett, in answer to your question, yes they are AMF sponsored, thus no Burnie Torny.

To give everyone a little more enthusiasm, Gus have come up with some great ideas for some different formats, so they wont just all be straight pinfall (eg; one might be a double elimination masters type thing, another may involve qualifying followed by match play - but finalists decided in sections - ie: top 2 juniors, top two men, top two women go through etc - wins being the deciding factor not pinfall! and others).

Obviously more details will be specified closer to hand, but to make a success of this 'Grand Prix' circuit people need to support it. That means putting those dates in your 'diary' now and planning around them, also budgeting for them .... remember we dont have a lot of bowlers here in Tassie, so we need strong support from the ones we have! If we can get strong support, then hopefully something like this can be an ongoing thing and formats can be structured to give everyone a fair chance!

Thats all for now!

Feel free to post your thoughts! If you are capable of thinking that is! :lol:

Yeah Gus, I like the ideas there man.
I will certainly be having a go at quite a few of those events.....we will certainly have to be trying to find others to play also, from what I can gather we will be losing a few good players next year interstate, so we will need to be always on the lookout.
Keep up the great work Gus.

P.S: Paul came up with a tournament that we could hold during the year called the Van Diemans Cup - which by the sounds of it would be run in some ways like the old Inter-Association Tournament - but just hell of a lot more spicier and better.
Its in one of the other posts.
Cheers :wink:

Guys

Sorry for the delay .. ive been busy with other pressing matters :p

Heres the sheet we are working on at the moment .. now NONE of this is confirmed. Sponsorship etc is not confirmed. Its all pie int he sky at the moment, but Warren Stewart is moving down to Melbourne to be the Regional Manager and he sounded keen when I spoke to him.

Good luck and high scoring

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/live/entryforms/TASGP2003.xls

Re-think on 1st tourney

I have had a re-think on the 1st tourney to try and maximise the total entries for this tourney. It will no longer be Male, Female, Boy, Girl, BUT, Open Male, Open Female, Junior, Over 45's(Male and Female Combined).

I know feel that we will attract more entries using these catergories and we are lacking Junior Girls at the moment. If you take a real hard look at it, we only need 9 ppl per division and we have the 36 as advertised! I think that is very achievable!

ok im just digging this up to get a question answered, now i know im blind and its probably in another ost, what are th other formats for the other tourns in the tasmaian grand prix?? if some one could let me know that would be great cheers all

Jase, mate, just to prevent you getting a grumpy response from Gus due to the fact he has got the impression no one ever seems to pay attention to his entry forms or really anything he says (LOL j/k Gus), look at the link in Graham's post. I am pretty sure you should find the other formats for the remaining tourneys in there.

thanks kace but the only reason ia sked was because i cant open that link on my computer i dont have the program to run it for some reason. thats why i asked if some one could tell me. lol see i do pay attention and read the posts lol

Haha sorry Jace! Just for that, here is what you were after, copied directly from the link I was on about (I missed out the next one, the Double Skins 'cause you bowled in that one last year from memory):

No. 3 – Scheduled for Moonah, August 10th
All Bowlers Bowl 6 Games Qualifying at $60.
All Female and Junior Bowlers That Participate In This Event Will Be Given 10 Pins Hcap Per Game.
The Top 16 Bowlers On Adjusted Pinfall will Progress To Rnd 2.
Round 2, and all following rounds, will be a Best Of 3 Elimination, e.g. if you win 2 out of the 3 games you progress to next round.
The draw will be done at random at the end of each round, and each round will cost the bowler $20.
Prize fund payout will be guaranteed 1 in 2 entries.

No. 4 Scheduled for October 12th Launceston.
Traditional Format.
All bowlers bowl 8 games qualifying.
All Female and Junior Bowlers That Participate In This Event Will Be Given 7 Pins Hcap Per Game.
The Top 10 bowlers on adjusted pinfall, will progress to the Mplay rnd, with pinfall to carry over.
For each game of mplay, a win will be 20 bonus pins, 10 for a draw.
The Top 5 bowlers on adjusted pinfall with bonuses, will progress to the Stepladder rnd.
If the Top qual after qualifying is the Top qual after mplay, then that bowler will have a right to a repecharge if they are beat.
Prize fund Payout will be 1 in 3.

Champ of Champs - Dec 14th Launceston.
The top 16 bowlers on Grand prix points will be invited to participate in the champion of champions.
Format is 15 games mplay and a positional round.
20 bonus pins for a win, 10 for a draw, and all female and juniors receive 7 pins hcap per game.
Points from this tournament will be added to the points gained from the previous Tournaments
to help decide the eventual Bowler of the Year. BOTY will receive something. What, I am not sure yet!!

CHAMP OF CHAMPS

Just a quick not that Ch o Ch has been deleted from the grandprix series. I felt after lengthy deliberation that it was too close to Rachuig and Xmas.

Back
Top Bottom