NSW STORM Sport Series Event #1 Shellharbour Bowl

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
For our first event of 2014 we'll be trying a new format in a new centre.

2x6 game squads. First squad will kick off at 8:15am and the second squad is set to go for 10:30am. There will be an elimination based final that we will finalise when we have a better idea of numbers for the event, but we're hopeful that 12-16 bowlers will qualify for the final stage. We'll be moving lanes after every game, one pair to left for odds and one pair right for evens. This replicates the game length and speed of bowling at the World or Asian Championships.

$80 entry for the 6 game event.

We're going to try and allow bowlers from Canberra and Newcastle and anywhere further away then those two locations to have first pick at the second squad. If you are able to bowl the earlier squad please nominate for it first, and come the 26th of Feb (the Wednesday before the event) we can start to balance the squads out. This is all new for us too, so I doubt this is the perfect way to get it done, but we'll get there!!

Also, Andrew Frawley from Shellharbour Bowl has assured me there will be Cafe specials on for all the Sport Series bowlers, so if you'd like to hang around or come down early and watch some bowling in the other squad there will be excellent deals on in the Shellharbour Bowl Cafe for all of you lovely people!

I'm taking entries via this thread and the NSW STORM Sport Series Facebook page (which can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NSWSportseries/ )

Here is our initial squad listing:

A Squad 11 Bowlers

Stephen Cowland
John Velo
Wayne Griffiths
Dwayne Lawrence
James Kyriacou
Rowan Chapman
Mitch Bloomfield
Adrian Stokes
Cherone Griffiths
Darryl Buttriss
Neil Buttriss

B Squad 22 Bowlers

Lauren Tait
John Norris
Chris Thomas
Michael Craig
Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Hannah Gavin
Corwyn Fitzpatrick
Robbie Alston
Samantha Edwards
Darrin Honeysett
Clare Stephens
Andrew Magill
Aaron Kellet
Joseph Alex Pearsall
Anthony Dallas
Richard Bugeja
Krystal Townsend
Robert Townsend
Keiran Guylas
Ami Friend
Ross Brown

Cheers, Stephen and John

Can't believe I left this bit out, but at the moment we're looking to have a maximum of 24 bowlers in each squad. If we fill up that may increase, but remember that the bowlers from Canberra/Newcastle and the like will get a preference to the second squad.

Cheers, Cow

Hi Cow,

Thanks for putting this on for 2014 and for Brando for sponsoring the series.

I cannot find accommodation on Sat night 1/3 so I cannot attend the first event. It's too far for me to drive from Orange straight through on the Sunday morning. I've checked the Shellharbour Village Hotel, Lakeview Hotel/Motel and the Oaks Hotel/Motel and they are all booked out!

Just a heads up for those outside Sydney and the South Coast who still don't have accommodation sorted.

Will try and get there for the other events.

Thanks.
Ken McLachlan

I found accommodation at Figtree only 17 K's away so maybe a 20 minute drive. Its a long way for me to go just to bowl 6 games but anyway its about the enjoyment.

Hey everyone,

Updated Squad list for everyone. Currently we have 21 and 27 in each squad. If 3 awesome folks from squad 2 would be lovely and nominate to move into the first squad I'd greatly appreciate it, and if anything changes you will obviously move straight back into the second squad. But other than that, and for the time being...

WE ARE ALL FULL UP!!!

I sincerely hope I haven't missed anyone, I think in future I'll be making a specific post in the Sport Series group and only accepting entries from there, as there are comments with names all over the place and it just get's a little hard to make sure I've checked everywhere!

Anyway, squad listing is as follows:

Squad A

Stephen Cowland
John Velo
Wayne Griffiths
Dwayne Lawrence
James Kyriacou
Rowan Chapman
Mitch Bloomfield
Adrian Stokes
Cherone Griffiths
Darryl Buttriss
Neil Buttriss
Sam Cooley
Andrew Magill
Dyllan Montford-Sinclair
Glen Loader
Aaron Kellet
Lyndsay Packer
Tony Murray
Rachel Dinte
Spike Zahra
Neil Donnelly

Squad B

Lauren Tait
John Norris
Chris Thomas
Michael Craig
Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Hannah Gavin
Corwyn Fitzpatrick
Robbie Alston
Samantha Edwards
Darrin Honeysett
Clare Stephens
Nathan Shoesmith
Joseph Alex Pearsall
Anthony Dallas
Richard Bugeja
Krystal Townsend
Robert Townsend
Keiran Guylas
Ami Friend
Ross Brown
Janet Baker
Paul Petrovic
Andrew Smith
Andrew Campbell
Phil Brinkley
Andrew Lloyd

If we do have 48 then our elimination final will cut to the top 16 and the top 4 bowlers after the 6 games will get a one game bye. From the 12 that bowl, we would eliminate the lowest 6 games, and the top 6 would continue, and the top 4 would be reintroduced. Another game will be bowled and again the bottom 6 will drop out with the top 4 continuing on for our final game of the day, where 1st through 4th will be decided. Hope everyone understand that, but be aware that the byes can change if we have more or less bowlers, so until Sunday when we know for sure how many people we have, we can't definitely 100% finalise the Elimination format.

I'm really really excited to see how this day pans out and looking forward to seeing some close exciting eliminations and clutch strikes to carry on!!

I can confirm the pattern as the one I posted earlier, which again can be found here. http://kegel.net/V3/PatternLibraryPatternGraph.aspx?ID=626

Cheers, Cow

Updated Squad list.

Currently we have 24 and 24.

Squad A

Stephen Cowland
John Velo
Wayne Griffiths
Dwayne Lawrence
James Kyriacou
Rowan Chapman
Mitch Bloomfield
Adrian Stokes
Cherone Griffiths
Darryl Buttriss
Neil Buttriss
Sam Cooley
Darren Cowley
Dyllan Montford-Sinclair
Glen Loader
Aaron Kellet
Lyndsay Packer
Tony Murray
Rachel Dinte
Spike Zahra
Neil Donnelly
Joseph Alex Pearsall
Tyson Carr
Andrey Hurwood

Squad B

Lauren Tait
John Norris
Chris Thomas
Michael Craig
Phillip Cooper
George Frilingos
Andrew Campbell
Andrew Smith
Robbie Alston
Samantha Edwards
Darrin Honeysett
Clare Stephens
Nathan Shoesmith
Phil Brinkley
Anthony Dallas
Richard Bugeja
Krystal Townsend
Robert Townsend
Keiran Guylas
Andrew Lloyd
Ross Brown
Janet Baker
Paul Petrovic
Andrew Magill

Cheers, Cow

Geoff, if possible we have a vacancy in each squad and one bowler for each would be preferred in terms if balancing the squads. Let me know if you can.

Back
Top Bottom