Year's best sport performances

Hybrid Boy

G'day All,

As the year is approaching it's conclusion I was reflecting on the year's best performances in sport. Both at the individual level and by teams.
Can be on any sport around the world. Rank what you would consider your top 10 of the year. I'd be interested to hear not only your top 10 but what made you sit up and take notice of the performance.

regards,

Darren.

Can't be bothered filling out an entire top 10... Ronnie O'Sullivans called 147 in the World Open in the first television round was just plain stupid good.

After his oponent made a mistake with his first shot, Ronnie asked the ref how much was it for a perfect game. After a short delay and finding out that there was no cash up for a 147, Ronnie shrugged his shoulders and cleaned the table...

Probably somewhere on youtube for those less nerdy than I.

Thats an easy one Darren....the answer is YOU!!

Anyone who picked all those longshot winners AND backed them during the Spring Racing Carnival is a genius.

:beerchug:

LOL!! You get lucky sometimes. Had plenty of losers at other Spring Carnivals nice for it to work the other way. Tonx, you're right too hard to pick out the top 10. Ronnie O'Sullivan is a magician with a cue in his hand. Have seen him shoot 147 breaks both left and right handed. What's up with that!!

For mine can't go past Martin Kaymer, Sachin Tendulkar and Rafael Nadal for sustained performance over the course of the year.

But here are my top 2: Phil Taylor nearly shooting 3 9 darters in the Premier League final against James Wade. Had the first 7 darts in and was only 2 darts away from another but couldn't pull it off. Crowd was going absolutely nuts. Great to watch. Must dig out that DVD to watch again.

But for gob smackability has to go to the wimbledon match between Isner & Mahut. The match that wouldn't end went over 3 days and broke all kinds of records. If you all remember ended up being 70-68 in the fifth set. The previous record for number of games in the fifth set for a grand slam was 48.

Regards,

Darren.

Back
Top Bottom