WOULD JUNIORS SUPPORT A BRUNSWICK CUP JUNIOR EVENT?

ilive2bowl

ilive2bowl
We're interested to learn whether Junior Bowlers would support a Junior Brunswick Cup type event. Basically the event would be held at Canberra International Bowl in December 2003 and the entry fee would be $200-00 per bowler. Prize Monies would be around the $20,000 mark with first prize being $2000.
We look forward to getting some feedback from the Juniors around Australia.
Per: BowlAustralia's Junior Tournament Committee.

Put me down... :D
yeah sounds good so far. i would be pretty interested. and wat jnr wouldnt, with the prize money up for grabs in a JNR event that is just huge for jnrs..
catch ya

p.s how close would the dates be for this and the adult brunswick cup?

:shock: I'm sure this would be a well supported tournament from juniors around Australia. the right idea is definately there. i only hope it is placed on the 2003 calender if the idea is followed up :lol:

Hey. i think thats a great idea, get alot of support from the juniors. I'll be happy if it happns this year, or next year, but this will be a great experience

Later

i would be pretty interested in bowling it but it really depends on when u decided to do it... if its after this yr then i cant attend it as im not a junior after 2003

you would get alot of juniors bowling this though
good luck with the idea

yes i would be intereted and i think some of the other juniors up here would be intersted as well. i dont think there are enough top class junior scratch tourny around please ppl. more more

strazz

I think it is a great idea. Wish i could bowl it. If there was chance of it being a youth event that would be great! :D

Yeh that would get heaps of juniors I am sure...sounds VERY interesting. Yeh there would be a lot of juniors up here that would be interested. What a nice excuse to go all the way down to Canberra... :D There should be more of these types of tournaments going around...so yeh it would be awesome hey.

As long as the entry fee wasn't too excesive, I think I might even try & get to it. Perhaps arranging some sort of accomodation wouldnt go stray neither. I think that would go down well with parents, one less thing to think about, & I'm sure juniors such as myself that have to arrange accomodation themselves would consider cheap(er) accomodation a god send.

Boys & Girls

I would really recommend you put your name down here as support for this event if you think you would make the trip. Roy needs to see that there would be enough support from the juniors to hold the event. So if you want to see the event proceed, please leave a post here.

i think there will be a couple of junior bowlers in victoria that would be intersted in bowling in it.
as there is not a lot for junior's to bowl in these days.please support this as junior.s bowlers realy need it.
:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

thanks michelle

I would definately but the only problem for me is I am already 18 so if it doesn't go ahead this yr i can't bowl in it. I'll be too old for a junior

Would think at least 6 ( possibly 8 ) from my junior ranks would have an interest in the event ..... they have just bowled at the ACT State Junior Championships .... and do between 6 and 8 tournaments a year.

Also could provide a paid entry as a prize in the Sydney Intercentre Shield .... but timing will be an issue ... last round of the Shield is ...December 7 ... and Central Zone roll-offs (also an expensive affair) are usually at the end of Nov.

Keen to see what happens. Feel free to make contact.

Stephan Smydzuk
Southgate Juniors & Youth

Thanks for your responses!!!

To all the Juniors who posted responses to my enquiry...THANKS!
We'll now start the preliminary planning for the Event which we will schedule for Canberra International Bowl on the weekend of the 12/13/14 December 2003...that's the weekend following the Brunswick Cup. Keep watching Total Bowling for more info. Once we have locked-up the Sponsorship and secured good accom. rates we'll post the entry form on TotalBowling. Once again Graham, thanks for your assistance and involvement - much appreciated!
Roy Menachemson
Managing Director / BowlAustralia

hey guys
that sounds like a great idae. id be in that
the only prob for ppl that live so far away is cost to get there and thats the biggest pain
but sounds like a blast

well catch u all in melbourne
only a few months to go
love ya's oxoxoxoxoxoxox

This sounds like a great idea. It will prepare Juniors for Adult tounraments in a way. As well as giving someone a nice bonus going into Christmas. All it needs is advertisements around Australia.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom