2003 BRUNSWICK INTERNATIONAL YOUTH CUP

ilive2bowl

ilive2bowl
Sponsorship had been secured for the staging of Australian bowling's most prestigeous Youth Tournament.... "The Brunswick International Youth Cup" which has been scheduled to take place at Canberra International Bowl on the weekend following the Brunswick Australian Cup on the 12th thru 14th December 2003.
Prizemoney is expected to top $20,000 and entries from all over Australia and the Asia-Pacific region are expected. The Youth Cup format will incorporate a Junior Division - details are yet to be finalised. All Junior and Youth can request an Entry Form by emailing their address to [email protected]. As soon as Entry Forms are available they will be mailed out. The Tournament comes as a result of all the positive feedback that Total Bowling received earlier in the year and promises to be an extremely exciting event.

Hey

Great great news people. Should be a very interesting tourney and im extremely greatful for Australia putting such a prestigious event out! I just might take a trip there b4 we move. just might...:p

Hey all, im a kiwi bowler & me & a mate are interested in coming to this event. im wondering if anyone could give me sum info....

like how far away is the centre from the airport?? & if there r any cheapish motels near the centre??

Also has anybody heard what sort of $ the entry fee will be?? and if the dates are even confirmed yet.

So yea, any info would be great!

cheers all

2003 Brunswick international Youth/Junior Cup

Hey Guys, we can now list Prizemoney details in regard to these Events. There will be 2 Tournaments running together over the week-end of the 12th-14th December 2003 - a Youth Cup AND a Junior Cup. The Youth Cup will have a 1st Prize of $2,500; 2nd $1,800 and 3rd $1,300 and will pay to 40th place. Entry Fee for the Youth event will be $200-00.
The Junior Event will be run on a handicap basis of 80% of 210 (based upon a certified League entering average) and will have a 1st Prize of $1,500; 2nd of $1,100 and 3rd of $900-00 AND WILL PAY DOWN TO 40TH PLACE.
Full details of the events plus an Entry Form will posted on TotalBowling within the next 2 weeks.
The Canberra Airport is about a 20 minute cab ride from Canberra International Bowl and the venue Motel - The Country Comfort at Greenway in the ACT is a easy walk (2 blocks) from the Centre.
The Tournament Director will be Alan Skupin and further enquiries can be made by contacting [email protected].
These events follow the weekend after the Brunswick Australian Cup which runs at Canberra International Bowl from the 5th thru 7th December 2003. Entry Forms will be mailed to all interested bowlers shortly.

sweeeeeeeet,

thanks for the info man, guess I'll be seein a few of u guys (and gals) at the tourney - look out for a couple of kiwi lads :D

p.s. we'll try and leave u guys some prize money :D

i would just like to congratulate Bowl Australia for putting on this tournment. It is by far the best prizefund for a Youth Tournment that i have bowled in within Australia.

So please everyone get out to this one and support it to make sure it is an annual event.

Once again well done to all involved. You can out me and belmo done now :)

u know what im going to say

anything my boy jez says.... i agree...ill be there holding hands with him most probably :)

holding hands??

Please boys no holding hands there is a Junior event on as well that weekend :p

Great to see all the enthusiastic repsonses and YES PLEASE ALL get to Canberra for this tourney

A successful event this year will help keep this event on the calender

With over $17K in the Youth event and almost $9k up for grabs in the Junior event THEY are the richest Youth/Junior events this country has ever had

For accomodation details please dont hesitate to contact Lloyd Klaman at Canberra International Bowl on 02 62933 888 or myself at WONDABOWL Castle Hill on 02 9680 7677. Currently we have block booked the Country Comfort which for those of you never been there before is approx 5min walk to the Centre

Looking forward to seeing you all in Canberra in December

You can definately count me in! Havent bowled much this year but this is one i will definately be bowling!!!!!
Hope to see everyone there

Back
Top Bottom