Worst Excuses for calling in sick

jhk67

Today in the Sunday Telegraph (Sydney), a disturbing article came out about the worst excuses people gave for calling in sick to work. The top reason on the list was:

"I hurt myself bowling"

Now I had to take a week off this yeah from work cause i messed up my back from bowling. So I was a bit annoyed with this article. Is there anyone else out there that has suffered bowling related injuries which has stopped them from working.

I must say, in the construction game, you do injure yourself sometimes, so it comes hand in hand really. I've jammed my finger in a (16lb) bowling ball before, messed up my leg and knee a few times and strained my back (those damn approaches). I've hurt my wrist trying a stupid shot once.

Having said that, have I taken a sick day off? No. Only because these injuries are pretty much similar to those I i've gotten at work over the years. Compensation? Oh yeah, just ask the boss for early day off! :p

Come to think of it, it's about time I take a sickie, havent had one yet!

As a junior, I picked my ball up off the return at the same time as my opponent and my finger got caught between their ball and mine breaking the finger with the bone popping out the side. I still to this day do not know how it happened but as a check-out chick I thought it best to have that day off. Boss lady wasn't happy.:getOUT:

lol working in a bowling center dont no how many times people lose the ball of there hand and go wack into their ankle omg so funny but i know myself it bloodly hurts i have done its about 2 or 3 times now have even peeled the skin off
cheers julie

lol working in a bowling center dont no how many times people lose the ball of there hand and go wack into their ankle omg so funny but i know myself it bloodly hurts i have done its about 2 or 3 times now have even peeled the skin off
cheers julie

Ohhhhhh I remember watching this fella about 20 years ago bowling in the old Brunswick Hotel League at 9:45pm Wednesday nights, it was a stinking hot night and Moonah was its usual self - very hot - and this fella was only bowling in footy shorts, singlet and house shoes with no socks.
He had huge backswing that went right up above his head, miss-timed one and slammed a grey 16lb houseball clean into his ankle :eek:

Knocked him just about to the arrows - and you heard the crack when it his ankle!

He was a tough bloke but even he was screaming at that one.

Many years ago, i went to watch my dad bowl in a league at Kelmscott Bowl, and his partner was passing my dads ball to him. As he went to pass it, he dropped it on my my dads foot, breaking 4 toes which had the old man off work 2 weeks.

Was off for 3 weeks in 1983 with a slipped disc caused by bending over to pickup my ball off the return.

Once or twice since for a day or 2 as a result of recurring back problems from bowling

bowling is a excuse as long as ur actually hurt but shouldnt get payed for stuffin up urself out of work

Back
Top Bottom