Who will finish 2nd in the Melbourne Cup?

wchester

Bowling Tragic
It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that the current King of Tenpin, Jason the Conquerer, will win the 2006 Melbourne Cup.

Who do you think will be the runner-up?

I don't think you are stupid enough to make these sort of rubbish comments without the intention to try and ruffle a few feathers, but eh, ill bite anyways.

There are several bowlers that are able to win this years Melbourne Cup, as the calibre of bowlers entering are AWESOME. It will come down to who ever shoots the best on the given weekend.

Cheers!

Sorry Wayne,

I hope I dont upset you in this reply BUT what guarantee do you have that Jason will win the MTC?

As Tonx said, there are a number of bowlers that are more than capable of winning.

I think you post should have read "Who is going to win the MTC? Shet man, a thousand reasons can be posted here reasons why Jason may not win...

Stupid post........excuse me...

Leo

Squad "A"
1 Jayson Bundy Vic
2 Alan Notman Vic
3 Andrew Clarke Vic
4 Ben Tait Vic
5 Bernie Grueso Vic
6 Billy Tanasciuc Vic
7 Brad Whitehouse Vic
8 Chris Matthews WA
9 Chris Walden SA
10 Gavin Cox Vic
11 Gia Nguyen Vic
12 Greg Comport Vic
13 Issac Elliott SA
14 James Coburn Vic
15 Jamie Drew Vic
16 Jason Way Vic
17 Jenny Camilleri Vic
18 Jimmy Bowles Vic
19 Justin Edwards Qld
20 Ken McLachlan NSW
21 Kurt Sturgess NZ
22 Leo Torres Vic
23 Matt Bemelmans Vic
24 Merv Billing Vic
25 Nestor Aguda Vic
26 Paul Reus Vic
27 Robert Chinner SA
28 Rudi Gross SA
29 Samantha Taylor WA
30 Scott Fulton Vic
31 Suhareidi Tjoa Vic
32 Tavis Johnson SA
33 Troy Gaylard Vic
34 Val Porteous Vic
Squad "B"
1.Aaron Dean WA
2.Adam Lack Qld
3.Alan Pryzbysz SA
4.Allan Smith NSW
5.Andrew Thorpe Vic
6.Andrew Tonkin Vic
7.Barry Dodds Vic
8.Barry Wicks Vic
9.Bobby O'Reilly NSW
10.Brenton Bull Vic
11.Brett George Vic
12.Brian Pilkington Qld
13.Cassie Staudinger Vic
14.Chris Mesagno Vic
15.Craig Nevatt NZ
16.Damian Crick Tas
17.Damien Teigue SA
18.David Porto Vic
19.Dillan DeMather Vic
20.Garry Crick Tas
21.Glen Loader Vic
22.Graham Dyer NZ
23.Graham Simpson SA
24.Greg Elkin Tas
25.Hayden George Tas
26.Jason Walters NZ
27.Jessica Ryan Vic
28.Joel Lovegrove Vic
29.John Matthews NZ
30.Kate Wilton Qld
31.Kylie Lack Qld
32.Lance Dyer Vic
33.Lee Hutchinson SA
34.Mac Stewart Vic
35.Mark Loader NSW
36.Matt Kanafa SA
37.Mick Carmada Vic
38.Rod Stewart Vic
39.Rodney Kerrison Vic
40.Scott Miles SA
41.Stephen Cowland NSW
42.Steve Lovell NSW
43.Tanya Steele Vic
44.Toni Woodcock WA
Squad "C"
1.Narelle Baker Vic
2.Adrian Lee Vic
3.Andrew McArthur NT
4.Ann-Maree Putney NSW
5.Brandon Qualifcheski Qld
6.Brenton Davy SA
7.Cameron Walsh NSW
8.Carl Barbara Vic
9.Carly Allen Vic
10.Chris Baker NSW
11.Chris Castle Vic
12.Dave Rogers Vic
13.David Cardona Vic
14.David McEwan Vic
15.Emma Walsh NSW
16.Gary Zanoni Vic
17.George Frilingos Qld
18.Jane Finch Vic
19.Jarrod Lean NSW
20.Jason Belmonte NSW
21.Jason Walsh NSW
22.John Clemet Vic
23.Kym McPherson NSW
24.Lindsay Kilpatrick Vic
25.Louise Ingoe SA
26.Luke Green Qld
27.Mark Dodds Vic
28.Matt O'Brien Vic
29.Matt Riley NSW
30.Maxine Navble NSW
31.Michael Craig ACT
32.Michael Holden Vic
33.Michael Little NSW
34.Michael MacNamara Vic
35.Mickey Zentvled Qld
36.Paul Chambers Qld
37.Paul Trotter Vic
38.Ralph Harford Vic
39.Ronald Voukolos NT
40.Ryan Burton Vic
41.Sam Nucifora Qld
42.Sue Cassell NSW
43.Tracey Madden Vic
44.Wayne Chester Vic
45.Yousef Akbar SA

Any one on this list can win..........................well may be not all :eek:

Gary.......................................................:cool:

Rubbish comment????

My intention is not to ruffle anyone's feathers or to put any undue pressure on Jason. My intent was simply to state the obvious and predict a winner. If there was a bowling ball giveaway comp for picking a winner, I'm 100% sure that Jason Belmonte's name would be mentioned far more times than anyone else's, thus making him the 'hot favourite'

Wayne

take a look at the pattern, a right hander will not win my pick is george or andrew mccarther or david porto.

mattr said:
Wayne

take a look at the pattern, a right hander will not win my pick is george or andrew mccarther or david porto.

take a look at the finishing scores for the win a spot at Greensborough, porto didn't shoot to well

Theoretically, the pattern should suit anyone with the ability to create enough entry angle playing inside the OOB.

The story is, (just in case you weren't aware) there isnt a win a ball competition running, and you stated clearly in your first post (in your opinion) there is no-one else in Australia that can possibly win MC. Hell, why should I bother entering?

What you fail to realise Chester, is you simply well and truely insulted every other bowler entering the tournament. Thanks for that feedback, ill take that on board....

You are a great nominee for the TBA chair person position, like you have previously stated to me is your intention. Well Done, as a clear role-model for the sport of tenpin in Australia, you are a shoe in now. Vote #1 Wayne Chester!

Where and when do i vote? I'll vote for Frillingos and Wayne to be in charge of lane conditions for ranking events too!!!:cool:

Really its no different to back in the Bradford era, Ian was the favourite in everything he entered, didnt win them all of course. Just like Belmo is now the automatic favourite, hell i think hes got the best chance of winning this thing too, about 2 dozen people could win it of course. Waynes seen plenty of bowlers over the years so i imagine it wouldnt be very often he's flat out raved about how good someone is.

ps
I'm serious about the first paragraph too!!

I'm a realist, Belmo is the new world standard of bowling, he is favourite in every tournament he enters. Hell if there were odds at sports tab he's be at 1.03 and shortening.

Like every other bowler entering, I'll do my best and see what happens. There's more than 1 pay check, you never know your luck in a big city.

As for lefties, I don't think they'll do that well this year......

I think Wayne was paying Belmo a compliment, not putting everyone else down.

I think some people need to pull their head out of that ass for a few moments to realise that not everything that is said is a negative thing.

*goes back on vacation*

graham said:

I think some people need to pull their head out of that ass for a few moments to realise that not everything that is said is a negative thing.

*goes back on vacation*

Ditto

Rob

graham said:

*goes back on vacation*

I am sure that the other 120++ bowlers including myself who entered the tournament did not pay $325 to play for second place... We all go into a tournament and try to win to the best of our ability....

As for paying a compliment, I dont doubt the fact that he might win BUT others I'm sure will give him a run for his money!

My final 5cents worth.

Isn't it fantastic to have the current European Leading Points Scorer bowling in Australia and give our Australian and NZ bowlers the opportunity to try and beat JB. Jason has done a great job overseas and now you the bowlers have the chance to try and topple the favourite. As in any sport world wide the favourites are the ones who you want to beat. And knowing Jason he will make it as hard as possible for anyone else to get in front.Jason is a champion, but even champions can be beaten. let us hope that it is a very close finish and best bowler on the day comes out VICTORIOUS. :cool:

Looks like i have to let Jase have this one too..........:)

I will be at the Sunshine Coast at QLD'S association challenge....

Good luck to everyone and also the guy who finishes second..

mattr said:

Not much point turning up from the sounds of the oiling pattern. All the righties might as well pull out if lefties are going to fill the top 10 spots.

Hell, I couldn't even finish......let alone finish second LOL

Must have ran from our next game .......................................:rolleyes:

Gary............................................................:cool:

Ps: How's the shoulder feeling now ?

Back
Top Bottom