Which State will win the K&K Classic

Which State will dominate the upcoming K&K?

• Queensland

Votes: 60 48.4%
  • NSW

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • Victoria

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • South Australia

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Northern Territory

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • WA, Tassie, ACT combined

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Sheep shaggers (NZ)

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just to create some friendly rivalry between States let's which State wins this Years K&K.

Here are the rules:

The top 2 bowlers in each division (male and female) will get 5 points for the win, 3 points for 2nd. Total points from each state will be accumilated at the end to decide the winner. eg. Mens; QLD 1st NSW 2nd, Womens NSW 1st, NT 2nd, overall NSW wins on 8 points. On the chance of a tie, the decision will be based on the Mens result.

Vote away!

I'm voting Queensland. No loyalty, it's just obvious, really.

QLD has a deep bench, talent-wise, as their higher percentage of independent centres promote bowling beyond birthday parties so there are a number of places offering affordable practice. They'll get to sleep in their own beds. They'll be commuting the least distance, will be the most familiar with the environment and it'll all be relatively easy in the extra-tournament criteria, which adds up before you throw a ball. None of the Brisbanites will be worrying about covering airfares and accommodation, which makes your swing a little more free on top of all that.

And; Oh yeah! Queenslanders will outnumber everyone at the event (which is really good to see) and have filled all the squads with the best time slots (as happens long before an entry form comes out every year.)

So go you good Cane Toads! ;)

Thx for the support Jason, there reality is though that NSW has to be a favourite going into this. Belmo, Jarrod, Mick and Walshy are making the trip and last time I checked they seem to do ok at carry contests. The only question mark will be how good their lofting skills will be after game 5 :)

I've gone for NSW due to Jason Belmonte and Ann-Marie Putney taking part.

Voting for NSW was tough, I dry reached a few times just thinking about it :D:D

I really hope I am wrong though, and that a right handed Queenslander can win it (sorry George :D).

Cheers

Steve

Thx for the support Jason, there reality is though that NSW has to be a favourite going into this. Belmo, Jarrod, Mick and Walshy are making the trip and last time I checked they seem to do ok at carry contests. The only question mark will be how good their lofting skills will be after game 5 :)

Talk about trying to take the "underdog" tag...your just like your league Origin team.......Some facts:

- Queensland have 90% of the field
- The tournament is in QLD
- Belmo's track record at K&K is not great (his words not mine)
- U r the greatest lefty of all time (your words not mine) :D
- Most right handers will prob be lofty by game 5-6

And u are trying to say NSW are favourites!!! Ur unbelievable........but at the end of the day I guess you just realise we are the superior state and will always get the job done !!!! :)

We do have the secret weapon of Lovey coming back!!!!

Looking forward to the weekend

Thats the problem with you cockroaches, always trying to play the underdog whilst you possess some of the best bowlers this country has ever seen. You have arguably one of the best bowlers on the planet (Belmo), an Australia Captain (Walshy), an ex world Champion (Little), and several current and past Australian reps including youself. You also have Lovey who gave me a touch up at our last encounter and Putts who is the most dominate female player we've had in the country for the last 3 years and you have the hide to make out your the underdogs?

Queensland's got some talent and those Vics do get very lucky from time to time and make a decent showing. The reality is though if you guys were on Sports Tab you'd be paying 1.50 as the clear favourites!

Wake up and smell the roses

George,

Stop trying to play the modest card for the first time in your life...you are always saying you are the greatest lefty of all time...so you have to be a lock for the weekend...especially with a pattern with no oil outside 7!

May I quote you as saying "you win more often in this Country then my good friend (aka Belmo)"..........so don't try and talk it down on this forum to gather up some support for yourself...

Have fun bowling on the pattern all week and see ya Saturday!

Look Jase whatever it takes, it makes me feel sick to think a NSW cockroach will win up here. Th 07 AO was a goodie, still got that file :) Too bad they are using the Brunswick Machine, could have easily uploaded for them, along with the AMF Australian Cup last year :)

Will be trying my best to ensure they dont win, with Carl and Quall up my sleeve I think we got a chance. Big guns are in town, time to ensure we are well armed! Sledging will be rife through out the weekend, time to remind the blues where they stand.

One of the strongest fields we have seen in this country, even if people aren't bowling it be worth the trip to the bowl to watch the sledging (and a little bit of bowling).

damn it, i knew i should've put my name down :p

oh well

Hmmm let me see - QLD has names like Bottomley, Qualischefski, Frilingos, Pilkington, Meads, Alford, Hunt, Douglass, Comrie and if I have left anybody out I do apologise. The only bowler outside of QLD with a fair chance (haha) is Belmo. My vote would be either Carl, George or Brando to win for QLD or Belmo to win as a NSWelshman!

GO THE MAROONS!!!

Hmmm let me see - QLD has names like Bottomley, Qualischefski, Frilingos, Pilkington, Meads, Alford, Hunt, Douglass, Comrie and if I have left anybody out I do apologise. The only bowler outside of QLD with a fair chance (haha) is Belmo. My vote would be either Carl, George or Brando to win for QLD or Belmo to win as a NSWelshman!

GO THE MAROONS!!!

Big call given, NSWelshman by the name of Glen Loader won it last year.

As far as the mens winner goes, if the pattern is as George described it to me I wouldn't be surprised to see Andrew McArthur win it.

But I guess we'l see in a couple of days.

GO THE MAROONS!!!

I think you left Hammo out Grant.......

Good luck to all those bowling this weekend.....

Back
Top Bottom