What were the good old days?

AHH the good old days. I remember them. Running amuck around the centre as a little kid while dad bowled Friday singles at Warrawong. Then started bowling myself , from memory it cost 45 cents for a junior game. Going to a few tournaments was always a thrill, the moving on to adult ranks and the monthly NSW Grand Prix Tournaments where you played against the best of the best. Numbers were always healthy, 300 games began to rise to around 10 per year. Most memorable was the one I bowled against Terry Wenban in '85 South Coast Open. (he was the gun back then). And if I recall correctly Terry repaid the favour against me the following year. But the one event that was very exciting was side by side ball by ball 300 games by Wenban & Roderick. A very rare event. Lots of memories and more to come. (I'd just like to bowl like I did back then). What's that practise you say!!.

Cheers Gary Boater

You can get s bit of that old time fun at Chris Bateup's day breakers at Wetherill Park. There's one on Saturday night. I'll be there.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom