What type of prize fund would you prefer?

tonx

For the first event, i've basically worked out 2 types of prize funds, and will leave it up to you guys which type you would prefer. Looks like we will have full entries and some reserves, so depending on how the Total NV raffle goes, we could have quite a good little kitty

First one is winner and finallists/'cashees' in both divisions receive only around double the entry fee back or so, (around 20 bowlers out of 52) but a bowler is able to receive around half the entry fee back in the form of a "skin" each game. This wouldn't put a massive reliance on actually making the cut, giving a bowler to make some money off 1 very good game right to the end. There are 8 games for the skins side of the tournament.

The second one is the people that cash recieve about 4 times their entry fee back if they win, and around 2-3 times if they cash. Then pot games will have to be organised between the bowlers.

My question to you guys, is which type of payouts would you like to see?

I think the first option is good as it gives more people a chance to get something back out of the tournament.

This will help encourage people to bowl these tournaments the more you run of them. :)

Hey Tonx, even though not bowling, thought l would give you an asnwer.

The more people who get something back the better. This series at it price is not really for people to make money from, but to have a go. Lets actually not make a prizefund top heavy for once.

If a large number of bowlers get something back, it makes it cheaper again for them to bowl. Majority of the bowlers l feel, are in for the challenge of the sports pattern, rather than the money.

And with the POT games on the side, run by the Chaddy Boyz, plenty of chances to cash....

so option 1

I go for option 1.

It gives more chances to bowlers to make something back. Plus, if the bowler is that good on the day to be on top you tend to win more than 1 skin (observation).

At the end of the day, you're there to test out how well you avg on a sport condition against what you have at your home centre plus see how well against the other 51 bowlers.

Pot games should be interesting as it will be totally uncertain for most bowlers so adds a bit of fun as well. If Tothie plays in it we might win it back from him from his last skins! ;)

Vi

option 1 mate

1st time in competition bowling debuting in good style and nicknamed the cat from geelong :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom