What a bowling line-up should look like?

equinox

Hi all, I've been out of the bowling practice for a good two years now and Wouldn't have the fainted clue what is out in terms of bowling gear. I used to be a Storm fan through and through but because I never used to bowl many games a week and many tournaments I didn't realise how quickly they die and have been told recently that; So therefore I am trying to avoid buying one. What is the best brand when it comes to Durability? and What are the most common lane patterns used across centres?. If I was to have a 3 ball line-up and was looking to travel around a bit what kind of of a line-up would i want?. Would I need 3 or 4 balls?. and what are the best balls going around atm?. I bowl 15-20 boards across and i start from the first arrow on the left. I currently have a NXT Dimension Storm which is an international release but i find it doesn't hook half of what it was when i first bought it.

Hey Equinox,

If your ball isn't reacting the way it used to, you might just need a re-surface. I know those Ebonite Hook Again products give good results. I am sure the local pro shop can fix it up easily. Just go chat with your local driller/ ball tech.

As far as setups, if 3 balls is your limit for now. I would personally have a ball for medium shots, one for heavy shots and the trusty plastic.

4 Balls is usually the benchmark. Most bowlers throwing 4 will have a light oil,medium oil and heavy oil ball and a plastic.

I've bowled alot more tournaments in the States than here in Oz and never really needed a light oil ball. Used to use a plastic and 3 medium oil balls. One with Pin above, one with pin next to the ring finger and one with pin under but each to their own.

As far as brands go, 6 or a Dozen they are all pretty much the same. Just comes down to your aesthetical taste. Looks, name, design.

If you have the money, buy one of each of the big brands. Or try some of your mates. Some brands have a roll that suits certain bowlers and some don't.

Now that I have matured, I have found that I can bowl the exact same whether I use Ebonite,Hammer,Roto,Storm or Brunswick.

At the end of the day, once you have an understanding of how a ball reacts on the lane. It doesnt matter what brand or colour. All that matters is hitting your line and having a consistent release and ball speed.

Any top brand produces a fantastic line up and they all have great high performance balls now.

Trial and error till you find the one thats perfect for you.

Finding the perfect ball should be far lower on the list of priorities. Whats most important is finding the perfect ball driller and the perfect balance between power/speed/accuracy.

My 2c

Back
Top Bottom