Whale City Bowlers Skins Event

Hooligan

The Whale City Bowlers hosted their annual invitational skins event in Maryborough on Saturday.
We had some new "Pros" this year, including a Simon Strasburg once in a blue moon cameo. He didn't shot a gutter ball 270 this time, we were dissapointed.
Anyone who has bowled here will tell you, corner pin carry can be down right impossible at times. While there is a shot for all styles of attack, the tough carry means the scores stay tight. This means most skins were tightly contested, Shelley took 1st on the first skin with a 247 to Stuart's 246. Each skin payed to 6th, so every pin counted. Darryl never looked like carrying the 10 pin early on. I gave him a little local advice. It worked and he started leaving 9 pins. A couple of games later he managed to find some carry to bowl a nice 258 to take a skin. That remained the high game until Robert and Stuart threw a mess of strikes. Robert took that skin 268 to Stuart's 258. Simon posted a 225 game where he was robbed by poor carry (did I mention carry is tough here?). Several of us had a shot at topping this score through the 9th and 10th frames. Slowly we stepped up and failed, and when Lawrie left a week 10 in the 10th, Simon had his first skin. Aaron finally worked the carry out in the final game to shot 258 or 268 (I forget) to take his only skin.

A great time had by all, yet again. Thanks to my friends at Handy Hire for their continuing sponsorship of this event, along with all the other sponsors. Thanks to Garth from the Whale City Bowlers. He organizes, runs, does almost everything for this event. We all look forward to next year.

Stuart

Whale City Pros 2011.jpg

I must say a very rewarding day, even without the bowling.
It`s just great to see the enjoyment those bowlers get from the game.
Look forward to next year.
Big thanks to Stu,Garth, John, Shirley,Yvette, and all the Sponsors, Job very well done.
Animal.

Back
Top Bottom