Weber Overcomes Belmonte in History-Making PBA Triple Crown Success

That last paragraph sums up bowling and bowlers perfectly. And it is indeed sad.

Do you know anyone who follows the NRL and checks the score before they watch a TV delayed game?

Yep, I do... Both NRL and AFL. I prefer to know the scores as it happens. Like I said earlier knowing the score is one thing but you don't know how the game panned out...

Drumo its horses for courses mate.

Some people want to know some don't, its not the end of the world and if Elsie didn't know to place spoiler in the title then its not her fault. No one who brought it up did so in an aggressive way so why cant those who wanted to watch without knowing the scores ask for future posts to include the word spoiler.

IN the world of sporting forums this kind of etiquette is standard. Is this just another thing bowling is behind in?

Back on topic for a second, well done Belmo its been a huge year for you. As for PDW, whilst there is no question he is a legend of the game, he rubs me the wrong way and I cant put my finger on it. Could be the thing he does with his hands and his waist. :)

Back on topic for a second, well done Belmo its been a huge year for you. As for PDW, whilst there is no question he is a legend of the game, he rubs me the wrong way and I cant put my finger on it. Could be the thing he does with his hands and his waist. :)

To be honest and i know people will have a go at me here, but im abit the same with Belmo like today watching him with the smarks while he was playing seemed to get under my skin today but there has all ways been something that Belmo dowe that rubs me the wrong way.

IN the world of sporting forums this kind of etiquette is standard. Is this just another thing bowling is behind in?

Hopefully now that this has been brought up it has made people more aware and they remember to put "spoiler" in the thread title with a vague heading... Something like "ToC spoiler"...

To be honest and i know people will have a go at me here, but im abit the same with Belmo like today watching him with the smarks while he was playing seemed to get under my skin today but there has all ways been something that Belmo dowe that rubs me the wrong way.

The game against weber i took it as he looked relaxed rather than serious, He did it purposely moreso however in the game against sean rash where the commentary team eluded to a history & rivalry between the bowlers (even did a cutaway about their history). I think he was doing it to let sean know he wasnt going to get put off by his fidgeting antics , repetitious pre shot routines, re racks etc and overall smugness.

Hmmm, smugness. Maybe he's just focused on what he's doing.

After the last Australian Masters Sean was over here for, certainly have a lot more respect for him than a lot of other top bowlers. Sean spoke to anyone who approached him whether they were Open bowlers or D grade bowlers. People got the, who do you think you are/how dare you speak to me look if you spoke to them from some other PBA bowlers.

After the last Australian Masters Sean was over here for, certainly have a lot more respect for him than a lot of other top bowlers. Sean spoke to anyone who approached him whether they were Open bowlers or D grade bowlers. Generally, people got the who do you think you are/how dare you speak to me look from some other bowlers PBA bowlers.

Agree with you Chin - Sean also attended the Rachuig Presentation Dinner and made donations to the Junior Bowling in Australia.

I personally think that Belmo's, "smirk" for lack of a better word, was in part a little bit of joy seeing Rash struggle early in their match, but overall I think it was more about "I belong here and damn it, i'm going to enjoy it!".

That's the way I interpreted Belmo's, "smirk" anyways.

As for Sean, I'd also heard a lot of good things about his demanour around the nationals last year, I didn't hear too much about any of the other bowlers though....

After the last Australian Masters Sean was over here for, certainly have a lot more respect for him than a lot of other top bowlers. Sean spoke to anyone who approached him whether they were Open bowlers or D grade bowlers. Generally, people got the who do you think you are/how dare you speak to me look from some other PBA bowlers.

Totally argee mate. In the last few months i know who i would rather deal with..

I recall Belmo saying on Facebook before his USBC Masters win that he was going to "smile to the world and hope it smiles back" He has been smiling on the lanes ever since this comment, seeing as though it worked for him in winning the USBC masters. I couldn't help but smile myself when he was, it seemed to make him more relaxed and confident.

After the last Australian Masters Sean was over here for, certainly have a lot more respect for him than a lot of other top bowlers. Sean spoke to anyone who approached him whether they were Open bowlers or D grade bowlers. People got the, who do you think you are/how dare you speak to me look if you spoke to them from some other PBA bowlers.

I wasn't able to bowl last year but bowled the year before and I was lucky enough to bowl on the lanes with Sean Rash and Dan Maclelland... Both bowlers were extremely approachable and more than happy to have a chat. I also managed to chat with Shannon Pluhowski, Tommy Jones, Robert Smith and Mike Fagan and found them equally as approachable.

Firstly, i was the one weeks ago who asked for spoiler to be put into the subject for occasions like this so that people could make their own choices weather they wished to read or watch. I would for admin to enforce this or add it please again in future. Some people dont want to know, others do. It is just a courtesy thing thats all.

Back on topic. What Pete Weber has done is astonishing and is history breaking. I think given todays aspects and changes to the game, it could be a very long time before such a feat could be achieved again. Well done Belmo on yet another TV major appearance. Super effort mate. I think it might be 5 of the last 6 from memory now and to be that consistent in the game is a feat on it's own. If he keeps that up, many more majors and PBA titles will come.

Was great to watch, even after knowing the result. Good stuff!

G'Day,

Jason is having a great year, hopefully he will be player of the year this time out. But how good was PDW's shot. he just found a way to slow-wheel the ball to the pocket. Great bowling all round.

Back
Top Bottom