Weber Overcomes Belmonte in History-Making PBA Triple Crown Success

elsie

Weber Overcomes Belmonte in History-Making PBA Triple Crown Success

STORM bowlers dominated the final rounds of the Barbasol PBA Tournament of Championsheld at Woodland Bowl, Indianapolis overnight, climaxing with a thrilling final between PBA Hall of Famer Pete Weber and Aussie star Jason Belmonte.

After a convincing defeat of defending ToC champion Sean Rash 229-171 in the semi-final, Belmonte met his match against the veteran pro as Weber put the throttle down to take the title with a 224-179 victory.

It was the tenth major title for 50-year-old Weber who now shares the record with the late Earl Anthony for most PBA major titles.

The historic win also delivers Weber the PBA’s Triple Crown for an unprecedented second time. Weber has won the U.S. Open a record five times and the PBA World Championship twice - those events are the other two legs in the PBA Triple Crown.

“Despite converting a 4-10 split in the seventh frame Jason missed the same split twice,” Belmo’s mother Marisa said from her home in Orange this morning. “Naturally, they both wanted to win but Jason said in the post-match interview that he’d been beaten by an idol and one of the best players in the world, so he felt OK with that …. from the telecast you could see the whole demeanor of the match was friendly and really respectful,” she continued. “Jason finished third in the ToC last year, and second this year, so hopefully it will be a win next year,” Marisa added.

Frame by frame scores for all five Final rounds and further details can be found at www.pba.com.

Stepladder Results Match One: Jones def. Palermaa, 217-189.
Match Two: Rash def. Jones, 247-233.
Semifinal Match: Belmonte def. Rash, 229-171.
Championship: Weber def. Belmonte, 224-179.

Firstly, Congrats go to PDW and Belmo for getting to the final.

Secondly, If you didn't wish to know of the outcome... why did you come on this site before the telecast ????

Firstly, Congrats go to PDW and Belmo for getting to the final.

Secondly, If you didn't wish to know of the outcome... why did you come on this site before the telecast ????

There are other reasons people come in here other than to find results. It's well known courtesy in other sporting forums that results are usually posted with a spoiler alert in the title. This was discussed recently on this very forum.

It's pretty obvious what took place. The four power players Osku, Jones, Rash and Bemo would have stripped the lanes clean. Both Rash and Belmo had low 170+ games.

Pete Webber, also considered by some a power player, showed just what an 'experienced' veteran can produce when the chips are down. ..

Still, a great season by Jason .. we should all be very proud of him. Particularly the way he conducts himself on the rare occasion he loses.

Regret disappointing those who didn't want to know the outcome, but seems futile not to report when the results are published frame by frame on the PBA website and media releases are now flying around the world with this news.

Why not watch the ESPN telecast here at 3.30 pm, enjoy seeing some of the world's best bowlers in action and share the pride that an Aussie is amongst them.

We do seem to be in a no fly zone when it comes to bowling here with major media and news reporting.

If people log onto TB and see SPOILER in the title, peoples curiosity will win over & they will look in most cases. Curiosity, can't help themselves. Human nature.

12 hours between the finals & the telecast on ESPN. If people don't want to know the result, try a little self control & don't go onto Total Bowling till after the telecast. You've all had a b!tch on here about the same thing happening in the past.

Definition of stupidity:-

"doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same result."

— Albert Einstein

Not true. I hate watching anything I already know the result of.

It's extremely easy to keep away from PBA results in Australia. No major media outlet reports on it in mainstream news.

All I'm saying is I hope future posters use a spoiler warning.

There are other reasons people come in here other than to find results. It's well known courtesy in other sporting forums that results are usually posted with a spoiler alert in the title. This was discussed recently on this very forum.
I was here to have a look at AO results and there it was clear as day on the right hand side (in the list of recent posts) in the title, "Weber overcomes Belmonte........". But Shit happens, im about to watch it anywayz but just wont be as enjoyable. Well done Belmo on your awesome efforts and see you in Orange.

Even if you'd had SPOILER on title, peoples curiosity would have won over & they wouldn't have been able to help themselves and looked anyway.
Im sure your correct for the minority of people that plan to watch it on TV. Im sure most would prefer to wait and enjoy the coverage. Do you know anyone who follows the NRL and checks the score before they watch a TV delayed game?

Do you know anyone who follows the NRL and checks the score before they watch a TV delayed game?

Why would you if your going to watch it on TV.

12 hours between the finals & the telecast on ESPN. If people don't want to know the result, try a little self control & don't go onto Total Bowling till after the telecast.

Pretty silly comparison. Main thing you have on NRL & AFL sites is the game results. Total Bowling has plenty threads. No results normally unless you go into a specific forum/thread.

Contact the right people and get rid of the recent posts viewed column.

Great win from the Weber looks like his still in his youth.

I wont say anything about belmo it prob get deleted here as well as TBA is bit touchy if you say anything about him. LMAO

Time to grow up guys. We all knew we wouldnt get it live. We all knew the results would be put here on TB forum at some stage and/or facey and other bowling forums we go to.

If you havnt learned by now then heres the hot tip, IF theres a PBA telecast u wanna see and not know results before hand then stay away from the dam computer for 6 hours and wait for the coverage.

On a brighter note, its great to see PDW gettin it done in a major yet again. Would love to see him knock a few more out in the coming years. Also a good little reminder that power has its disadvantages aswell.

I love how on this forum having an opinion that is expressed in a non aggressive way gets a response of 'grow up'. Nothing to do with growing up.

Its also not much to ask big daz for a spoiler in the title is it?

If all recent posts weren't previewed in the right hand column of the front page it wouldn't be an issue.

Another thread that has been tarnished...

I don't know about everyone else but I know when I see a post from Elsie, It is usually to post results from wherever... It makes no difference to me whether I know the result or not I still would have watched it. You may have known the score but you wouldn't know how... Would you have thought they would have been lofting the gutter by the 3rd game?

No, putting **Spoiler** in the title isnt hard at all. Even calling the title something along the lines of "ToC review/write up" would not look as flashy but would not give anything away either.

Mainly I just dont understand why people would even venture on here if seeing the telecast was THAT important. I've been lurking and posting here on and off for about 4 1/2 years and seen plenty of times results being posted before telecasts. So i have learned not to bother coming here if theres an event i want to experience as it unfolds. Its really as simple as that.

Short of having to put your name in a squad list theres never an urgent need to log in this forum. Im sure alot of us could of just waited it out.

Its just sad to see, what could be a tight knit group of like minded bowling enthusiasts, is in reality a group of people who some how manage to find something bad to say about nearly every topic in Main Forum. Its not just the forum either, alot of this attitude is carried over to the lanes and thats one of things making it hard for our sport to be all it can be.

Back
Top Bottom