WALTER RAY SHOOTS 290 TOWIN USBC MASTERS.

ADP1805

Pro Shop Owner.

Once again Walter Ray shows his immense talent to win on any and all lane conditions in any decade,shooting 290 in the title match to claim his 47th career title.
900 Global are surely rubbing their hands together having The Greatest Of All Time using their equipment.
A great result from WRWJ once again.

Is he the greatest talent the game of Tenpin has seen?.

He used the new 900Global Break Out and, apparently, it look a million bucks in his hand. But then again, a 290 on TV will do that. To the OP, yes, 900G reckon they are on a real winner with WRW Jr

Andrew I would have to agree with you. Walter Ray imo is the greatest the game has seen to date.

Grant

Walter Ray has always been my favourite PBA player, mainly because of his versatility, accuracy and his ability to win even when he shouldn't.

Is he the best ever? No, sure he is the winningest PBA bowler ever and definately in the top 5 of all time.

But you get Earl Anthony and Dick Weber in their prime and given them reactive gear with some of the lane conditions we see now a days and see what they would do to the PBA.

For the record my top 5 of all time would be (in order);

1. Earl Anthony
2. Walter Ray Williams Jr
3. Dick Weber
4. Norm Duke
5. Pete Weber

Honourable Mentions
Mike Aulby
Marshall Holman
Mark Roth

....now Steve your list is very good - except you missed Don Carter.

In my view Carter can't be left off any top 5 list, he dominated at a time when the depth of bowling talent was at it's best..pure and simple. OK there was no PBA tour for much of Carter's career but that's irrelevant because the quality of the tournament and overall bowling scene in his day was significant..and as I say the depth of talent - massive.

I'd rate him 4 on your list - which means someone drops off - who would that be I wonder Duke or Pete Weber??

I think perhaps you may have started something with this Steve - it will be interesting.

Cheers - and do NOT drink all that Tassie wine before May!!

SJ

I'd keep Pete in the list...

Duke has done more later in his career, but had a slow start after his first win. Pete still struggles with his rotation occasionally with reactives, but has been better overall.

Have to find the tournament where WRW won with a Maxim, while the others where throwing resin...

Mistake to leave Don Carter out, though he had the weirdest release probably ever seen.
It worked though. Don't know how.

Back
Top Bottom