VTBA Awards Night questions

A

'arvey

I was just wondering why i haven't seen any congrat messages for the recent awards night. Perhaps it's an indication of people's feelings out there!!!

I would like to congratulate Nat, a very deserving winner. I'll just leave it at that, hey!

Any other comments?

As posted on the VTBA website yesterday . . .

2003 Victorian Tenpin Bowling Awards Night

In Recognition of 2002 Achievements & Performances

Female Junior Bowler of the Year : Carly Allen
Male Junior Bowler of the Year : Anthony Morrell
Female Youth Bowler of the Year : Natalie Shelley
Male Youth Bowler of the Year : Matthew O'Brien
Female Adult Bowler of the Year : Denece Jones
Male Adult Bowler of the Year : Paul Trotter
Representative Team of the Year : Shepparton Ladies
Coach of the Year : Patrick Birtig
Volunteer of the Year : Ian Nicholls
Administrator of the Year : Peter Coburn
Female Bowler of the Year : Natalie Shelley
Male Bowler of the Year : Paul Trotter
VTBA Gold Award : Cara Honeychurch

2003 Victorian Tenpin Bowling Hall of Fame Inductees

David Napier
Jeanette Baker
Ruth Guerster
Tony Goodwin
Ann Kelly

Photo Gallery and Slide Show from the night are on the VTBA website.

all i got to say is, its a great idea, and i hope more and more people get behind it as it grows each year

keep up the good work and congrats to everyone that won an award

May I congratulate Victoria on such a concept, by the sounds of things it went extremely well and is a good addition to the sport. I was little surprised to here I didn't win anything but there is always next year I guess.

Arvey, the awards night was a sellout, and if you were there you would have seen many congratulations all round, it was truly a great night, and not only because I got an award, but because many bowlers who I have helped along the way were also awarded, and that makes it all worthwhile.

It was a night that brought together separate bowling organisations that have been split for 25 years MTBA and CTBAM, and getting together with TBA to be part of this night, made it worthwhile in it's self. Many years of negotiations and arguments are finally shedding some light for true unity.

The people that put it all together, should be commended for there efforts in overcoming politics to truly put together a great night for not only the bowlers, but officials, volunteers, coaches and everyone who work voluntarily and tirelessly to put it all together for you each year, these are the people that make bowling in Victoria, and without them it would not exist.

I wish everyone at VTBA the best of luck and hope this is just one of many.

Also to George, your best wishes were appreciated, and I'm sure we can find an award for you somewhere, they just need to find a category first.

Regards, Patrick Birtig

I also believe it is a great idea, Patrick, and hopefully the concept will grow.

Anything that promotes tenpin bowling in a positive manner should be applauded. I certainly promote tenpin bowling in my neighbourhood.

I would definetly have been there if I had been able, but some of us have work commitments, family commitments, etc, that kept us from being there.

It is good to see local tenpin people being recognised for their commitment to this wonderful sport, and I congratulate all those who achieve in Tenpin Bowling.

There just seemed to be a lack of comments on the forum about the awards. I just wanted to give the bowlers an opportunity to make a comment, whatever their opinion is.

'arvey,

Actually the list of winners were on the VTBA website the very next day after the awards night.

Photos were added shortly after and would have been there sooner but some one's camera didn't work (no names).

On top of this VTBA have nominated 3 of the awards winners for VicSport Awards and to date we know of 2 of these that have been accepted from the total 130 nominations from all sports.

Vicsport Awards Night is on the 25th June 2003. It's a big ask but how great would it be to have a tenpin bowler pick up a state award against all other sports.

Fingers crossed.

VTBA Awards

Congratulations to all award winners and a special congratulations from me to Ruth, David, Jeannette, Tony and Anne. Hall of Famers that noone would disagree with. It is great to see persons who have given so much to the sport recognised by the State sport organisation. TBAQ nominated our North Queensland President Shield junior team when they won gold at the Nationals to the Sport Federation of Qld annual awards and they were finalists against many elite teams of netball, football, cricket and others. We did not win but the fact they made it so far was tremendously encouraging to us.

Keep up the great work.

See you all at the Nationals in Townsville. Havn't seen Ruth for a long time - is she still bowling?

Gail Torrens

2003 VTBA Hall of Fame Inductees
2003_awards_night_halloffame.jpg

David Napier, Ruth Guerster, Tony Goodwin, Jeanette Baker & Ray Kelly (for Ann Kelly)

(Photograph Courtesy Sandy Morrell)

Back
Top Bottom