Hi,
Please add the following bowlers to the list
Narelle Baker
Rob Zikman
Jeanette Baker
Kevin Clunies-Ross

Regards

Narelle Baker

I've only bowled in one sports series so i dont know the history of it, but i do agree with Dillan on this one.

I decided to try the sports series for a challange. If i win money, bonus. If not, then i gained valuable experience. :)

[/B]
Wayne the opinions of those bowlers who voted in that poll may not necessarily represent the opinion of the bowlers in the Sports Series.
The sport series was set up for bowlers to test there skills on different conditions and face a different challenge to that of the national tournament scene.
I think the reward is more in the bowling and not that of a cash pay out. Paying 1 in 3 allows more bowlers have a chance at winning some sort of money while also facing the challenge of something new and not being totally out of pocket for the experience.
After almost 2 years of there sports series running i don't see the need to change things now.

Either way i hope to be there on the day and that the event is a success.
Best of luck.
Dillan
Everyone stepped back for various reasons and said it should be done by others at the centre, Wayne has stepped up and made changes as he is entitled to do. Please add me to the list Wayne, 1in3 or 1in4, at $80 entry payouts won't be huge either way, and as someone pointed out, The reward is more in the bowling. Cheers, Paul .
Please add Steve Eeles as well. Thanks.

Updated entry list as of 19 July

Limited to 40 bowlers at this stage,

01. Chris MacKenzie
02. Russell Hinton
03. Tyson Hinton
04. Mike Kennedy
05. Steven Kennedy
06. David Farquharson
07. Dillan De Mather
08. Mick Drummond
09. Scott Morris
10. Chase Wilkins
11. Kevin Wilkins
12. Steve Toth
13. Rikki Pool
14. Andrew Thorpe
15. David Carmichael
16. Damien Robinson
17. Gordon Robinson
18. Ben Threlfall
19. Andrew Tonkin
20. Christine Clark
21. Narelle Baker
22. Rob Zikman
23. Jeanette Baker
24. Kevin Clunies-Ross
25. Paul Robinson
26. Steve Eeles
27. Darren Bianchi
28. Martin Pedersen

I'm anticipating a full centre so get your entries in early!

Oil Pattern will be Highway to Hell

Entry fee will be $80
paying 1 in 4

There will be a lane change after each game of qualifying, with all contestants skipping two pairs while moving to their right.

During the three game elimination rounds, the top eight bowlers will not move after each game. All three games in each round will be bowled on the same pair.

Dont think we will fall short Wayne, looks like a full house already! haha.

A lane change after each game as well hey, that should be interesting. :)

Hi Wayne

Enjoyed my time at Bendigo in Rachuig trials six odd years back so I don't think it will be a trip down the Highway to Hell but we will see. Lol. I apologise if you already saw this post initially as I was entering but remembered my managers commitments with the ECCC prevent me from attending. Good luck to all who bowl and I reckon the 1 in 4 is a fair enough call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Victorian Sports Series presents the Mark Roth Strikes for Strokes Fundraiser Tournament at Bendigo's Dragon City Lanes to be held on Sunday 23 August 2009
Check-in at 10:15 AM

Updated entry list as of 26 July

Limited to 40 bowlers at this stage,

01. Chris MacKenzie
02. Russell Hinton
03. Tyson Hinton
04. Mike Kennedy
05. Steven Kennedy
06. David Farquharson
07. Dillan De Mather
08. Mick Drummond
09. Scott Morris
10. Chase Wilkins
11. Kevin Wilkins
12. Steve Toth
13. Rikki Pool
14. Andrew Thorpe
15. David Carmichael
16. Damien Robinson
17. Gordon Robinson
18. Ben Threlfall
19. Andrew Tonkin
20. Christine Clark
21. Narelle Baker
22. Rob Zikman
23. Jeanette Baker
24. Kevin Clunies-Ross
25. Paul Robinson
26. Steve Eeles
27. Darren Bianchi
28. Martin Pedersen
29. Adam Brooks
30. Chris Rosetta
31. Christine Webster
32. Barb Richmond

Come to Bendigo for the day and take a step into history!

Oil Pattern will be Highway to Hell

Entry fee will be $80
paying 1 in 4
All female bowlers will receive 8 pins per game

There will be a lane change after each game of qualifying, with all contestants skipping two pairs while moving to their right.

During the three game elimination rounds, the top eight bowlers will not move after each game. All three games in each round will be bowled on the same pair.

As promised, here is the prize fund (based on 40 bowlers)

40 entries @ $80.00 = $3,200
282 games @ $4.50 = $1,269
$5.00 per entry to Mark Roth rehabilitation fund = $200

1 $450
2 $275
3 $175
4 $175
5 $125
6 $125
7 $125
8 $125

9 $80
10 $80
_________
$1735 total

done, all added....thank you to everyone for their entries and I hope to see you all in Bendigo!

38 entries thus far....I'll open this up to 48 so that no one gets shut out. But please, if you put your name down..do try and show up on the day. it's only fair to the other bowlers who commit to bowl.

Back
Top Bottom