VSS Event no.4. in BENDIGO.

gregb

When: Sunday August 23

This will be 10.15 am check in.

Feel free to add your name here to book you spot,limited to 40 bowlers.

We will take deposits to confirm your spot.

more details to come.

Thanks again to totalbowling for letting us use this forum.

Dragon City Lanes

The Bendigo VSS event will be six games scratch qualifying (with women getting 8 pins per game) The top eight scorers then are seeded into the first elimination round, with the bowlers matched up according to their qualifying positions. Three game totals to determine the winners..
1 vs 8
4 vs 5
3 vs 6
2 vs 7

winners advance and losers are out...

The oil pattern is yet to be finalised.

There will be a fundraising raffle for a Columbia bowling ball and all entrants will automatically receive three entries into the draw for the ball. You may purchase additional raffle tickets for a nominal fee of $2.00 per chance. All proceeds of the raffle will be going to help out one of bowling's all time greats Mark Roth, who recently suffered a massive stroke.

Cost of entry and estimated prize fund will be published here shortly.

Squad listing is as follows,

Limited to 40 bowlers at this stage,

01. Chris MacKenzie
02. Russell Hinton
03. Tyson Hinton
04. Mike Kennedy
05. Steven Kennedy
06. David Farquharson
07. Dillan De Mather
08. Mick Drummond
09. Scott Morris
10. Chase Wilkins
11. Kevin Wilkins
12. Steve Toth
13. Rikki Pool
14. Andrew Thorpe
15. David Carmichael
16. Damien Robinson
17. Gordon Robinson
18. Ben Threlfall
19. Andrew Tonkin

I'll keep the updates as regular as possible! Get those entries in to show your support for the Victorian Sports Series!

Oil Pattern will be Highway to Hell

Entry fee will be $80
paying 1 in 4

Steve Toth asked me why the payout for this tournament was 1 in 4
I felt that the bowlers who make the cut should be suitably rewarded for their efforts.

If you still doubt the reasoning behind this change them maybe the following Totalbowing poll results from last year will help explain. it is clearly evident that the bowlers want to be rewarded for bowling well.

How far should be pay down in a tournament

Ratio 1:10 payout top 10 only 02 2.27%
Ratio 1: 8 payout top 12 only 05 5.68%
Ratio 1: 6 payout top 16 only 15 17.05%
Ratio 1: 4 payout top 25 only 31 35.23%
Ratio 1: 3 payout top 33 only 29 32.95%
Ratio 1:2 payout top 50 only 06 6.82%

with 88 total votes, the results show that 53 bowlers (60.23%) want a payout of 1 in 4 or fewer.

Steve Toth asked me why the payout for this tournament was 1 in 4
I felt that the bowlers who make the cut should be suitably rewarded for their efforts.

If you still doubt the reasoning behind this change them maybe the following Totalbowing poll results from last year will help explain. it is clearly evident that the bowlers want to be rewarded for bowling well.

How far should be pay down in a tournament

Ratio 1:10 payout top 10 only 02 2.27%
Ratio 1: 8 payout top 12 only 05 5.68%
Ratio 1: 6 payout top 16 only 15 17.05%
Ratio 1: 4 payout top 25 only 31 35.23%
Ratio 1: 3 payout top 33 only 29 32.95%
Ratio 1:2 payout top 50 only 06 6.82%

with 88 total votes, the results show that 53 bowlers (60.23%) want a payout of 1 in 4 or fewer.

Wayne the opinions of those bowlers who voted in that poll may not necessarily represent the opinion of the bowlers in the Sports Series.
The sport series was set up for bowlers to test there skills on different conditions and face a different challenge to that of the national tournament scene.
I think the reward is more in the bowling and not that of a cash pay out. Paying 1 in 3 allows more bowlers have a chance at winning some sort of money while also facing the challenge of something new and not being totally out of pocket for the experience.
After almost 2 years of there sports series running i don't see the need to change things now.

Either way i hope to be there on the day and that the event is a success.
Best of luck.
Dillan

Back
Top Bottom