Vic Rachuig and De Veer, Who made it?

Sumo

Can someone pls post the Victorian teams as decided on the weekend? Or is it posted elsewhere?
I have heard part of the Mens Rachuig side (Stewart M, Trotts, Loader, Dodds M) but nothing else. Congrats to all who made it btw.

Sumo

If you look at www.tenpin.org.au it gives you all the State Teams & Victoria has been added. But here is the Rachuig team anyway :

Men
Mac Stewart
Mark Dodds
Paul Trotter
Glen Loader
Matthew O’Brien
David Andrews
Rodney Kerrison

Women
Natalie Shelley
Cheryl Langlands
Narelle Baker
Rebecca Robinson
Lisa Garioch
Cassie Staudinger
Cindy Kerrison

Here is the Walter De Veer Team also :

Men
Roger DeWitt
Daryl Lucas
Gary Zanoni
Ronald Hine
Peter Formosa
Shayne Peverell
Jeffrey Russell

Women
Jo Hine
Robyn Bull
Charlene Clark
Cheryl Naylor
Tracy Silva
Sue Wheeler
Aline Martin

Congratulations to everyone that made it. I wish you all the best.
Bring home Gold for Victoria.

;) Jenny

Congratulation to all that made the Rachuig & De Veer teams at Werribee
last weekend, unfortunately a shoulder injury left me unable to compete
at the second roll off for De Veer so I will have to wait until next year to have another crack.

Best of luck to all teams at Illawarra.

GO VICS.

Racer33.

Congratulations to all that made it in the side this year.

Special congrats to lisa. well done mate. hope to see you next weekend.

Well done to Ron and Jo Hine and Daryl Lucas, plus big props to David Andrews, you never lose it when you're that good.

I would like to say that I am not happy with the way they have taken De Veer to a new level of handicapping please tell me how can a person go in with a 103 hcp and I have always respect this Tournament till this year and fell for those bowlers who have really tried there best and got in on there on merits.OF feel that they have taken it from a Joke to a Circus

Yours in Bowling

Ian Wizard Smith :confused:

Well as u should or should not know he had surgery on his bowling arm and has been told never to bowl again..

Yes i too thought to his avg may be a little low at first.

So he went left handed all new equipment and at the time of roll of had only bowlled 24 game's left handed so that was his entry avg he has since ( before roll off bowled another 300 games avg after this not sure ) he will take an avg to WDV of around 124 i think don't quote me that is what he bowled to make team.

I think he's avg is right as i know off a 200+ bowler who went left handed in the now dead MTBOV and had an avg of 135 :( so 124 is fair ) as for entry avg may be should have been higher not to sure maybe we should all have ago left handed for 24 game's and see what avg we bowl :-k

Hope we are not hearing some one's or thier friend's sour grape's :oops:

Gary........ :cool:

I'm certainly not going to do my usual and type quicker than I can think. ;) ;)

My only comment here is that one of the other states had a similar incident in 1996. Since that incident the rules were refined a bit.

Liz

agreed gary
He really did try his best at the roll offs.And as you said he will be going into the tournament with around the 124 avg, i hope he can keep improving his left handed technique, as we will need it.

I was there the weekend of the De Veer Roll offs and for a man to come in and bowl left handed after bowling right handed most of his life he has done well to get where he is and I commend him for even trying. I injured my ligaments during the first trial and I was in alot of pain due to it but I battled on. I was looking down the barrell of having to bowl left handed myself cause now I have also done damage to the tendon in my wrist. At least he had the balls to give it a go left handed and he got into the squad on his own merit and personally it will be an honour to bowl with such a fine bowler.

Keep it up

Charlene :D :D

Reading all the comments about one of the true Gentleman in the bowling game , I find it very hard to understand all the commotion. This bowler as mentioned had surgery and was either having to give the game away or bowl left handed. He chose to bowl which meant a lot of re-training. I know how much he practiced and how much money he spend trying to justify having a go. So instead of bagging this person, we should all be patting him on the back for having a go. It is not easy changing from right to left or vica versa so the effort has been very good. This bowler has been in our center as well as other center's practising very much so that he wouuld not look a fool at the trials and gave 100% plus to try and make the WDV team. Good luck to him. WE have enough problems trying to get bowlers to have a go in these trials and people bagging this person all the time does not help the image of our great game.

And Ian, you of all people should know how hard it is to bowl with an injury, because you yourself had to stop bowling because of your back.

Personally I hope Roger goes away and bowls well over his enetering average as it will give Team a chance to retain the trophies for Victoria... :cool: :cool:

HI to all , I feel that you are not getting the point of the argument thing against Roger he is a really nice fellow, but WD was to show case the best of our graded bowlers and how can the best grade bowlers go against that sort of handicap and I do understand what Roger is going though as I have the same injure and requiring a total shoulder recon but I have chosen to not bowl left handed as I feel it would not be beneficial to the sport of myself for those who want to good luck but not for me that was my point . I love the game do not get me wrong and Gary i did write it and not for anyone else please feel free to write to me anytime and i will give you my opinion anytime

Regards in Bowling

Ok. Wizard.

To Male WDV Bowler's practice at Ed Fleming lane's 13 August 9am and i also belive Ladie's as well not sure have to see call Roger..............

Gary...................

Yes the ladies for the WDV are training on the same weekend as the men. Roger rang me and told me bout it so all should know bout it. C u all there this weekend

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom