URATHANE,PARTICLE,REACTIVE Witch do you prefere.

D

Dark Assailant

witch type of bowling ball do you prefere and best bowl with.

I tend to like the Urethane balls better, i have enough fingers to get it to cover plenty of boards, i just find it is the perfect ball (in this case a rhino pro). To get the ball todo anything it is totally up to you, it takes all the over and under reaction out of the equation, if you throw a weak shot, you get a weak result. It's good because it punishes you when you make a bad shot, not forgiving you like the reactives do (basically it keeps you honest). Of course a person would be silly not to take advantage of the new coverstocks, so i would choose a proactive coverstock over the reactive just because of the control they have, sure you can get them to flip and snap very hard, but there isnt anything better for when you have plenty of carrydown and there is an OOB outside of 10 board (just as long as it isnt a reverse block!)

It works both ways though, there have been a few decent coverstocks recently that have been let down by a weak core and way too complex drillings. You cant have one without the other, they both play a big part.

I thought the Rhino Pro's had a reactive cover.

Fresh conditions, I would choose a proactive, as it helps smooth out the backend reaction. Reactives get too flippy for me. When the lanes get scorched (quite often here ;) ) out comes the trusty Burgundy Hammer (urethane). Sure it's old, but give it a condition that's hard to control, it's the best thing to use.

Yeah the PowrKoil coverstock. Im using a Rhino Pro Black :) Made in 1992. It is a urethane :D

All the Rhino's were urethane (except for the RU), and out of the Pro's the Black, Blue (not the pearl) and Forest Green balls were urethane.

Adrians bowling lesson for young 'uns

Never go to a tournament without a urethane in the bag. Wether it be a strong one to bring out on over /under conditions or a harder shell model for toast and spares you should always have one. For known dryer/patchier centres taking 2 wouldn't hurt.

You just gotta love particle!!! Particle is the weapon of choice for me...but it's gotta be ebonite!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i like particle and reactve. I had a few proactive balls but they where crap soo... And i'm storm all the way..

Later

Back
Top Bottom