Travelling around by plane, and who with???

shuey_83

Hey guy's, need some input please. In august im travelling up to the Gold Coast for the Darrel Holt Carnival. Indending on flying up there (im in sydney btw). Just wondering who everyone fly's with and why? (value for money etc etc etc). I'll be going up with a 4 ball roller and suitcase. Virgin? JetStar? Qantas?
Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Hey guy's, need some input please. In august im travelling up to the Gold Coast for the Darrel Holt Carnival. Indending on flying up there (im in sydney btw). Just wondering who everyone fly's with and why? (value for money etc etc etc). I'll be going up with a 4 ball roller and suitcase. Virgin? JetStar? Qantas?
Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

If you are going with a suitcase that will probably weight 10-15kg, it will chew up your baggage allowance. I would suggest if you need to take all of your equipment with you, to fly Virgin as you get 28kg including extra 5kg sporting allowance, then through Lorraine you can purchase additional baggage for a discounted rate (see TBA website for details).

However a cheaper method and if you have time and dont need your gear for a week is to get hold of a 4 ball box, chuck your balls in there and ship them via www.e-go.com.au, pretty cheap. You can take your 4 ball roller empty or with shoes, accessories etc on the plane. That will be your cheapest option.

Cheers for your input. Looks like i'll freight my gear up there, def a lot cheaper then taking it on the plane with me.

Virgin seems to be best however if using TBA to book you will need to get to airport a bit earlier than usual as we have experienced problems with checking in as they dont immediately recognise the TBA "special code" for the additional baggage allowance.\

Also with a 4 ball roller I hope you can split it as an entire 4 ball roller with 4 balls (unless very light balls) weighs well over the weight limit for each piece of luggage. This is regardless of which airline you travel with. There is a weight limit for each piece of luggage of around 23 kg. We had 4x 12lb balls in one solid bag with shoes etc and it was over the limit. When checking in was asked to remove one ball from the bag so it was light enough. When we asked what we should do with the loose ball it was suggested it may be able to be taken on as hand luggage and put in the overhead locker. I don't think so!!! Luckily was able to take out everything except the balls and just got under the limit and put everything else in other family bags or as hand luggage.

Back
Top Bottom