Tournament Calendar 2003

andrewbc

As we are fast approaching the end of 2002 and soon it will be 2003.

So if any has the dates of Tournaments for next year can you please post them here so we can get a calendar going. Also if there is some smaller tournaments that might be of interest please post as well (Like the NSW Grand Prix Circuit etc)

Cheers

Andrew C
:lol: :lol:

A full list of 2003 Ranked Tournaments will be available very shortly.

These are the official dates for Super Six 2003 :

SA CUP 25th, 26th & 27th January - Woodville Bowl
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 19th, 20th & 21st April - Sunshine Bowl
QLD CUP 24th & 25th May - Kedron Bowl
NSW OPEN 26th & 27th July - Bankstown Bowl
EBONITE SOUTH PACIFIC CLASSIC 19th, 20th & 21st September - Moorabbin Bowl
SYDNEY CUP 15th & 16th November - Penrith Bowl

Here's the calendar for the ranked events as posted on the TBA web site today . . .

2003_Rankings_Tour.gif

Rosemount Cup

Just checking the dates for a few tournaments.

1 - Rosemount Cup - According to my calendar the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of March is Sunday through to Tuesday.

2 - QLD Cup & Arafura Classic - Why would two national ranked tournaments be on the Same Weekend

3 - Perth Cup the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of June is Sunday to Tuesday

4 - Melbourne Cup the 8th, 9th and 10th of June is Sunday to Tuesday

5 - TBA Masters on the 4th & 5th of November is a Tuesday and Wednesday

Can anyone confirm these dates??? or have i got an out of date diary :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Andrew C

The QLD cup was pushed back a few weeks otherwise it would be only 2 weeks after Easter next year, as Easter was in late March / Early April last year. With Easter in late April, would only give 2 weeks to come up with another $300 entry fee and travel for a lot of people. Smarter move to move the event.

Australian Open will stay 3 days as it was planned this year unless TBA ask AMF to use the event as Australian trials again, that was the reason for the format change this year.

Anyway, hold the phone on these "confirmed" dates. There are now murmurs at AMF of changes .. and a big announcement.

Dates

4 of the tournaments go into the start of a week thats the interesting part. and whether these dates are correct or not.

Graham,
Is AMF in Brisbane Running there circuit again and have they decided on any dates??

Cheers

Andrew

1 - Rosemount Cup - March 1st, 2nd, 3rd as listed above.

2 - QLD Cup & Arafura Classic - Same as the SA Cup & Cairns Open.

3 - Perth Cup - May 31, June 1st, 2nd as listed above.

4 - Melbourne Cup the 7th, 8th, 9th June as listed above.

5 - TBA Masters on the 4th & 5th of November is a Tuesday and Wednesday and is correct as the Masters and Rachuig dates have swapped around for 2003.

Select F5 to refresh dates on this page.

Re: Dates

andrewbc said:
Graham,
Is AMF in Brisbane Running there circuit again and have they decided on any dates??

Andrew

There is a meeting this week (possibly) regarding the Brisbane circuit , trying to do some stuff to get it back up. There may be a bit of a breakthrough in regards to sponsorship for the events, but all will be clarified after these meetings and hopefully we will have a proper circuit in 2003.

Nope not next year. There was talk but that's all it was. It is staying at Moorabbin. All the venues as per my post above are correct re Super 6, however some dates MAY change. Will keep you posted.

This week the Penrith Open date was confirmed in the Youth category (refer table above).

The 2003 AMF Super Six calendar is still to be confirmed.

The first 2 events, the South Australian Cup and the Australian Open are confirmed. The other events are not confirmed yet, the dates will more than likely change. It appears that AMF are trying to finish the tournament circuit with the SPC, and have all events squeezed in between January and September. SPC will definately not be on the weekend advertised, as that weekend clashes with FIQ.

As soon as I know more I will let everyone know.

Today the Latrobe Valley Youth Cup was added to the Youth Rankings Tour for 2003

Full Entry form will be posted here once available.

Today the date for the QUEENSLAND LADIES CLASSIC was confirmed and added to the tournament calendar (see previous page).

Youth Cup ???

Does the term YOUTH CUP mean that it is only open to people of a certain age group - or can anyone/ everyone enter?

If the latter -why not simply call it CUP ?

If there is an age restriction, then I take it National Points will not be issued (otherwise it would be discriminatory against old blokes like me!).

Pls advise...

Browny from http://www.10pinbowling.com

Hi Pete

To compete in a 2003 Youth event you must be Under 23 as at 01.01.2003.

Ranking points won at these events only go towards the bowlers Youth Ranking points (they are not listed on the adult list). A Youth bowler can also earn ranking points from his/her 4 best results in an open tournament.

If you are Under 23 as at 01.01.2003 (LOL) then you can compete in anyone of the 2003 ranked events.

You should check out the ranking system information as listed on the TBA website.

It does not appear that anyone has mentioned the first tournament on the new year calendar.
The Garden City New Year Open is to be held at Garden City Lanes Toowoomba Qld, on the 10th - 12th January.
Entry forms are available from the entry forms section of this site.
Anyone that would like to compete for the 1st prize cheque of $4,000 can contact me on 0438 301 739 to book their spot.
Squads of 3 per pair, bowling 12 games, will be held Friday night and all day Saturday, to cut to top 24, then a further 6 games to cut to 12 for matchplay, before the step ladder finals.
Get your entry in quickly because this tournament is sure to fill.
Regards
Barry Fagg
Tournament Organiser

Back
Top Bottom