TotalBowling is bringing back the old Wide Bay Circuit for 2007

Great idea Jason. I'd definitely be tempted to compete. At least some of these centres are within my travel range.

OK as of Today the Centres I have spoken too and that are committed for this series to run in 2007 are...

Caboolture Tenpin Bowl
Bundy Bowl
South Burnett Bowl (Kingaroy)
Maryborough Bowl
Sunset Superbowl Toowoomba
Hervey Bay Tenpin bowl
Gympie Bowl
Mount Warren Lanes

8 round series looks the goods to me.

I can also tell you all that there will be a doubles tournament in this series also, that is 100% confirmed...

With the support of the bowlers this will go ahead.

So please spread the word to your local bowlers in your centers involved...get them signing up as this is where most of the information will be for them to see for the event...

I will inform you all of dates as soon as we get the wide bay and myself in the one place for that meeting.... Hervey Bay sounds a good place to me to meet

Mr. David Weild what do you think???

I think a full Esky and a fishing rod is a great place for us all to have the meeting...

Good work, great news! (not the fishing necessarily even though that doesn't sound too bad either. David, Daan's mum here, do you need a secretary for the day?)
When planning dates, can you please take into consideration national toutnaments including youth ones?

hope there 2 day tournaments if they are its a win win situtation
u make the cut u can get some cash on the second day, if u miss it you can go and hit the drink

Thats my type of tournament

well done jase :D

yes it would be great if they ran over a weekend even a couple of them
and calcuttas would be good aswell
i know every year we go to hervey bay for a long weekend pool comp and the calcutta is like a major event is sometimes worth over a grand in itself
daniel

This sounds great, my ol'man and I can't wait.
Has Gladstone Bowl been asked yet?

ok guys i like to say this is great that we are getting the wide bay back
jase i have to ask why the hell is mt warren involved in this???????????
also i can tell you maryborough bowl is looking at 17th and 18th of november
as the twin tour has moved there date to the week before now if there is a prob with that please let me know.

More to the point, is there any reason why Mt Warren shouldn't be involved??

Jase has taken the time out to speak with them about holding a tour stop there, and there keen for it so why wouldn't they run one there??

yes there is this the wide bay where the country centers are trying to get bowlers involved.
mt warren is central to all centers.
mt warren does not need any help getting bowlers they have just got a twin tour.
wide bay country centers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mark,

We could honestly say the same thing about Caboolture as well…

It’s about getting a scratch circuit back in Qld for ALL to bowl. It’s about promoting the events right across South East Queensland…At the end of the day it’s another event that accumulates points for bowlers that bowl…It also may even drag a few bowlers from Northern NSW as well…We had also spoken with Ballina but the Manager there really has other plans…At the end of the day this tour will have 8 stops and yes that includes Mt Warren and Caboolture…

I spoke with other Wide Bay managers and they have no issues…I mean Toowoomba was never part of the original Wide Bay but they too have been invited…Gladstone was always the weakest link in the stop and the one we had to work very hard at getting numbers too…The amount of bowlers we loose from Brisbane not traveling to Gladstone we would not make up with the ones coming down from Rockhampton…

Having a stop at Mt Warren also allows the Brisbane bowlers that Travel to all the other events, a chance to leave there wallets in there back pocket and not fork out for accommodation for at least 1 of the stops…This circuit was revived so that we could accommodate centers, bowlers and its about promoting the sport…

thats fine jase so lets not call it wide bay lets just call it what is
i can tell you the dates you sent us are no good any of them but the only date we have is 17th 18th of november at this stage.

hey jase you could always call the S Q tour since it covers most area's. Keep up the great work will be great to see it off the ground damo

Ok

Nearly all finalized...I can confirm that the re-birth of this event and the very first stop will be on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of February and Bundaberg Bowl will be hosting the first tour stop of 2007...I will have costs and formats of the first stop for you all by the end of the month…

We have a meeting penciled in for the 30th of this month with all bowl managers/owners involved so I will be able to release more and confirm a lot more then. Just wanted to give you a little time to get your weekend free for what could turn out to be a very big event. I can confirm that Peter McElligott of Bundy Bowl and leisure is proud to be hosting the very first stop of 2007…I am sure this will he a huge success

It's been along time since the last Rum City Classic

Once I have more details I will post here again…

ok guys i like to say this is great that we are getting the wide bay back
also i can tell you maryborough bowl is looking at 17th and 18th of november
as the twin tour has moved there date to the week before now if there is a prob with that please let me know.

Why Whinge? Your centre is getting its cut out of it, why try and ruin it for another centre? It does not affect you at all! :confused:
Get over it, or risk the Mt Warren Bowlers not bothering to come and visit your centre.

Back
Top Bottom