Tony Murray Wins Brunswick Cup

Graham

Staff member
New South Welshman Tony Murray, who has never before cut in this tournament, led from game 4 on day 2 and never relinquished his lead for 17 games to take out the 2002 Brunswick Australian Cup.

Battling sickness, Tony averaged 229.8 for his 31 games, including an incredible 5 game run in Matchplay of 269,269,269,246,258 (1311/262.2ave), winning 10 games and losing 5 on his way to his tournament victory.

Andrew Lloyd, another lefty, finished second (227.06ave), with New South Welshman Jason Walsh third (225.94ave).

Andrew Frawley, who earlier in the day won the 6 game shootout in stage 3 (and earning himself an extra $300) finished 4th, whilst Michael Little finised in 5th (and 2nd in the shootout). Murray finished 3rd in the shootout.

Brunswick staffer Steve Hart from Western Australia won the consolation Plate Final.

Full scores can be seen here : http://www.totalbowling.com.au/live/live-auscup2002/livescores.php

GOOD TOO SEE LEFT HANDERS GETTING GOOD CONDITIONS FOR A CHANGE FROM A FELLOW LEFTY WELL DONE TONY FROM FIRST300

Paul Luckcock, i thought you were dead :lol:

I have to mention this that a right hander has never ever wona major tournament at Bowl Australia in Canberra

maybe someone can clarify this just incase.

I had the chance to last year for the masters but couldnt bet fred twice so that was that

but in all honestly the shot was good for both rioght and left and tony is a worthy winner well done

Back
Top Bottom