Belmonte Wins Brunswick Australian Cup

Graham

Staff member
Jason Belmonte (photo) from Orange NSW has won the Brunswick Australian Cup at Canberra International Bowl in Canberra.

Belmonte and Zane Que from Queensland earlier in the day bowled 300's in the 6 game shootout, earning themselves $250 each from Bowl Australia. Andrew Lloyd won the 6 game shootout with 1381 for 6 games, Michael Little was second with 1373, and Andrew Frawley was 3rd with 1368.

We will update the site with Photos and a Full Report tomorrow.

Full scores are available HERE

Congratulations Jason..You continue to prove I was correct when I said you could be the best male bowler ever to come out of Australia...Keep up the positive mental outlook and continue destoying those racks.

:twisted: :twisted: i tell ya watching you for the three days was so awsome this was the best performance i have ever seen you do and i'll see u tomorrow and whos the man your man.

Congrats Jason on your win, you lead from the beginning and took it out, congrats also to jason and Micheal.

I enjoyed myself and I gained more experience. I'll be back next year.

Seeya at the SA Cup

James

David Kuhn pulled out with 2 games to go for some reason or other
!

And a pacer filled his spot for the last 2 games!

I would also like to pass on my congratulations to my good friend and travelling buddy Jason. It was probably one of the toughest fields in long time with Carol, Cara, Maxine, Michelle and the rest of australia's best competing. You bowled great all weekend and deserve the win, well done mate!

Brunswick Cup

I too would like to congratulate Jason on an outstanding Victory! - an awesome display of controlled power bowling!... the event was a victory too for Australian Tournament bowling and I would like to thank all the bowlers who took part in this year's event for the maginificent way in which they presented themselves both on and off the lanes. With the commitment, sportsmanship and professionalism that the cream of our Australian talent displayed over the weekend, I am encouraged that our beloved sport is in great shape for the future. Albeit that our Sport is overshadowed by the more fancied sports when it comes to attracting media attention, I, nonetheless believe that this talent cannot fail in recognition and that 'our day in the sun' as a Sport will triumph and the rewards for your efforts will flow -
We at BowlAustralia pledge our continuing commitment to provide this nation's valued Tournament bowlers with facilities and events that match their exemplary talents and abilities.
A huge thank you to you all!

Roy Menachemson
MD - BowlAustralia

Belmo,

I have said it before and i will say it again

U THE DADDY ! :)

Well Done mate it was a big win and you deserve it.

Will see ya on the weekend and hopefully give ya a run for ya money :)

well done champ!

Belmo sweetie what can i say! your a champ!

well done buddie great bowlin and ill see ya at nationals in Jan

might even bring me red cap!

:wink: FRED :wink:
x0x0x

Belmonte wins

Amongst many I would like to congratulate all who made the cut and also these top three bowlers who demonstrated why these bowlers are always up there!

I look forward to watching the great talent of Michael, Belmo and Jason every time I get a chance.

Well done Zane on your 300 also -

best wishes
Gail Torrens

Thankyou to people who asked about me.

Unfortunately Myself & 4 other SA guys had to leave & catch a plane. The tourament was running behind - we were supposed to have 30 min break after the 6 game shout out - it was more like an hour. There were also some break downs with the equipment.
If i had stayed we would have missed the plane & unfortunately i was not bowling as well in match play & could not have finished much higher - so it was not worth staying an extra night.

I would like to Congratulate Bemlo on winning. It was getting very tight for a while & he deserved to win. Well Done !
(u are the Daddy)

I would also like to Thank All staff & the Tourament Directors on a very enjoyable weekend. I will see you next year. (might have to stay an extra day though)

I would also like thank Breton Davy for all the Help he Gave me over the weekend.

Dave Kuhn :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p

Back
Top Bottom