Time To Start Bowling Again

D

Danceman1945

Hello, Everyone.
I have recently retired and don't want to become a couch potato, so I started to look at sports I've always enjoyed watching or participating in, but as I was a shift worker were hard for me to get to each week. So I joined a golf club and started playing but I was never much good at that game then I've just watched that amazing final in the World Masters between Jason Belmonte and Paul Moor which has whet my appetite to start bowling again. Mind you, I was not much better there with a league average in the mid 160's and a high score of 244, and I did represent Bennett's Green in the Country Challenge one year, but at least I found it a lot harder to lose the ball :). So it's time to dust the cobwebs from the old ball which has not hit the lanes for nearly ten years, head to Mayfield (I'm in Newcastle) and see if I can still play well enough to join in league bowling again. Anyway my name is Allan, the handle comes from my love of dancing and I look forward to meeting the other regulars here.
Allan (Danceman1945)

Welcome Allan :D

I can relate, as I returned to bowling a couple of years ago after 10 years off. It's scary how much things change over that time (balls and equipment).

The good thing is that you may average higher than before. I have spoken to a few people who have taken long breaks from bowling, and they tend to average 10-20 pins higher...

Cheers,

Shane.

Good to see you back Allen, bowling needs you, as it has gone through a slump lately. You may have noticed the price increase in the time you have been away( maybe the slump and price increase are related, what would I know, we have Professionals running the Company's, right).

I probably know you as I worked at Bennets for 10 years, now it's a Bing Lee Store, Ironic considering I came from Fairfield where Bing Lee started.

Good Luck for the future.
willey

Back
Top Bottom