Howdy ballers!

Nitephyre

Who doesn't like playing with their balls?
Hey all,

I've just gotten back into The Swing after a rather long break with a few aborted re-starts along the way.

I started out at AMF Blacktown, about '92 I think, in a league and played until I moved to QLD in '94. Before I finished, I managed to get over the 200 mark. I used to have my AMF award pins, but I think I've lost them over the years, which is a shame... I miss those. Still got some trophies though, luckily :D The league name was Achievers. I still have my shirt and miraculously it still fits after 20 years!

I've now started up again at AMF Robina with the Tuesday night Thunderstruck league. I'm still using my trusty old 10lb Columbia LiteDot (blue with glitter) which needs a bit of re-drilling, and I picked up a 10lb Ebonite Maxim (silver swirl) off Gumtree for $15 which fits enough to use, but again, needs a bit of adjustment.

As I've gotten both of my balls 2nd hand, I don't really know their specs and because they're old, it's hard to find out.

Anyway, it seems I've got bunch of reading to do as the sport seems to have changed a bunch in the last 20 years since I was last serious.

Cheers,
Matt :)

Attachments

• Columbia_LiteDot_sml.jpg
    Columbia_LiteDot_sml.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Ebonite_Maxim 1_sml.jpg
    Ebonite_Maxim 1_sml.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Ebonite_Maxim 2_sml.jpg
    Ebonite_Maxim 2_sml.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum!

It certainly has changed over the years. If you need equipment, be sure to check out the Classifieds for used gear if you are on a budget and don't want to spend much or speak to the local pro shop at Robina.

If you are looking to get your game back, check out the Technique section for information or simply jump on and ask a question.

The Main Forum is where everyone usually hangs out but sometimes you can get good info from the State Forums and Technique forums.

There are plenty of top bowlers that frequent here and can help you out.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom