The Wrestling Thread

this is a sheer dissapointment on behalf of chris benoit, first when i heard the news i thought he did it because he was responbsile for mcmahons demise but reading into the topic more it turns out mcmahon is still alive. i also think that benoit has lost alot of respect from all of his fans and that wwe will have lost a fair few fans apprieciation to the way that they tried to kill of mcmahon's character. WWE i am very dissappointed in you... if anyone knows how benoit killed his son wife and himself can u keep me posted cause all the doctor jargin can be very hard to follow...add me if u guys have msn [email protected]

dunno i just cant believe it. i think that murder is the worst thing around and all, maybe im just still shocked and once everything has been cleared up il change my mind. he was a hell of a wrestler and i commend him for his 22 years in the business. please dont get me wrong here tho i hate murderers and all alike

I still don't know how to handle this. My current opinion is that he is a scumbag for killing his innocent 7 year old son. I have an 8 year old sister and that fact is seriously horrible.

Who knows what problems he was facing in his marriage, yes there were some problems in the past, but I'm not condoning and despise violence against women. He strangled his wife to death and that is a dog act.

These are the apparent facts and this is my current opinion. I really don't want to believe that Benoit did it, he was a true great wrestler, but no matter what he's done or how many people he reached, if this is the way he ended it then he deserves no credit and will burn in hell.

I truly hope my opinion is able to be changed when the autopsy results come out.

This thread has had 1,005 posts. A Chris Benoit discussion thread on a wrestling forum that I frequent, that was started at 8:12am on June 26, now has 960 posts. Talk about a hot topic.

The Benoit story is the latest and most tragic installment in an ongoing saga that the men who get rich promoting professional wrestling would prefer their fans didn't know too much about.

Wrestling tragedies

Vince McMahon wants you to think about the stars of today and tomorrow, not the cemetery of steroid-fueled bodies his "sport" has helped put in the ground. But on the grim occasion of the deaths of Nancy and Daniel and Chris Benoit, let's remember some of the other pro wrestlers who died before their time.

Ravishing Rick Rude — Died at 40 of an apparent heart attack in 1999, a bottle of prescription pills for his bad back at his side. The autopsy report said he died of "mixed medications." Rude was an admitted user of anabolic steroids.

Louis Mucciolo, a.k.a, Louie Spicolli — Died in 1998 at age 27 when he suffocated on his own vomit after ingesting massive amounts of Soma and alcohol. Investigators also found an empty vial of testosterone, pain pills and an anti-anxiety drug at the scene.

Brian Pillman — An admitted user of steroids, he died of a heart attack at age 35 in 1997 on the morning of WWF's In Your House: Badd Blood pay-per-view event.

Rick "the Renegade" Williams — Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at age 33 after being released from his World Championship Wrestling contract in 1999.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig — Found dead of a cocaine overdose at age 44 in his motel room on April 10, 2003, the morning of a match. Hennig's father maintained that steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoa'i — Died of a heart attack in 2002 at 34.

Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog" — Died of a heart attack at age 39 on May 17, 2002. An autopsy report indicated that past steroid use had likely played a part in his death.

Michael "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand — An admitted steroid user, he died of a heart attack at age 46 in 2003.

Michael Lockwood, "Crash Holly" — In 2003, at the age of 32, he choked to death on his own vomit after ingesting 90 painkiller pills.

Jerry Tuite, "The Wall" a.k.a. "Malice" — Died at age 36 in 2003 of an apparent heart attack in his hotel room.

Raymond "Hercules" Hernandez — Dead of heart failure in 2004 at age 47.

Ray "The Big Boss Man" Traylor — Found dead of a heart attack in 2004 at age 42.

Eddie Guerrero — After a long battle with painkillers, he was found dead of a heart attack by his nephew in his hotel room at age 38. The first person his nephew reportedly called was Guerrero's best friend, Chris Benoit.

Chris Candido — Died in 2005 at age 33 from a blood clot after breaking his tibia and fibula and dislocating his ankle in a pay-per-view event.

Owen Hart — Fell to his death at age 34 in 1999 when the rigging that was lowering him into the ring malfunctioned

yeh after reading what u had to say playa. im gonna scrap my former opinion and go with that one. i really hope he didnt do it either, as you say he was a great wrestler. guess we just wait till the autopsy.

hey rat420, wake up to reality dude, everyone knew mcmahon wasn't dead, and do u really honestly think benoit cared about what fans thought about him for doing this (if it is proved true)? if he went thru with killin his family, for some reason i don't think he was thinkin bout riskin what people thought or his future hall of fame induction! his mind woulda been in a completely different universe dude!
i do indeed hope that this does turn out to be a homicide and that he didn't do it, but if he did....

benoit the murderer, no respect, no matter what reasons he may have felt!

benoit, the man who entertained us for the past 7 years or so in wwe, loved him and will never forget how much he gave to us in his matches! his fueds with angle, the rock, etc. absolutely awesome!
i dunno about anyone else, but i can seperate the 2 and thank him for what he did as a wrestler and entertainer.

hey mw i new the vince thing wasnt true all the time but when u first heard about it it does make u step back. but i only read the report on the sight first then i started watching the vids and comment made by family members, that were it proved it was false

Look, I know this a big topic of discussion right now, but to be perfectly honest, its just a little bit depressing. Can we get back to talking about what this topic was designed for?

But this is on topic Toni. Wrestling, benoit was a wrestler therefore its on topic.

I'm sorry, as good a wrestler Benoit was, its dispicable what he has done. Its a pity how steriods can affect the mind.

His career will be missed. The man won't be.

Rot In Peace Chris Benoit.

On a happier note, MIZ TV is coming to ECW!!!! (well on second thoughts thats not really a happy note either!!)

I'm in agreement with Luke.

I will miss Chris Benoit the WWE Character

But i will not miss the Man who plays the Charater

good point i agree. benoit was a great wwe superstar, and as the rabid wolverine he entertained us all but as Christopher Michael Benoit he managed to destroy his family and my respect for him as anything other than a wwe athelete. THE RABID WOLVERINE WILL LIVE ON, chris wont

There is just to many questions about what happened. No one will ever know what happened. Chris was great and i hope everyone remembers him for his wrestling. If mr McMann didn't pull his stunt this might not of happened and he would still be entertaining us all................

There is just to many questions about what happened. No one will ever know what happened. Chris was great and i hope everyone remembers him for his wrestling. If mr McMann didn't pull his stunt this might not of happened and he would still be entertaining us all................
I don't see how the Vince McMahon angle had anything to do with it. And I don't think the wwe will ever pay tribute or even have the Chris Benoit character name mentioned again in any way. Chris Benoit is dead and so is everything he ever did in his 22 year career. The Benoit character is dead and buried so whats to remember

The Benoit character is dead and buried so whats to remember

The man is dead but the character of Chris Benoit is NOT dead and neither should it be. Yes, WWE will never mention his name on air or pay reference to it (with good reason). But there is plenty to remember from the character of the Crippler. Some of the greatest matches in the last decade or two have had Benoit as a part of them. Benoit/MVP at WM23, Benoit/Finlay (their entire series thru out 2006 - especially at Judgement Day), Benoit/Angle (WM17 - probably the greatest match ever in terms of pure technical wrestling, and their 30min submission match at Backlash 01), Benoit/Jericho thru 2000, and of course no one can or will ever forget the main event of WM20 - so yes there is a heap to remember.

Plenty of reasons why the CHARACTER of Chris Benoit should be remembered. The man outside the ring is totally separate to the performer inside it!

Back
Top Bottom