The Reunion Tournament

Daniel Webb

Banner Add.jpg
Tenpin Memories, Steve Mackie and Campbelltown City Bowl present, The Reunion Tournament, a weekend of bowling, fun, remembrances and food! We extend an invitation to all active bowlers from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s to participate in a one time event. From the 8th - 10th of April 2016 Campbelltown City Bowl will be transformed into a truly memorable nostalgic trip down memory lane that should not be missed. Catch up with friends old and new, share stories and have a ball over three jam packed days. You will kick yourself if you miss

Download your entry forms here!

Check out our Tournament Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/1652405531708449/

Schedule.jpg Entry Form.jpg

There are quite a few names down now for this event. It should not be missed. If you want to join 10 Hall of fame members and a long list of other notable bowlers from Australia's Tenpin Bowling history... send me a message!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 5.31.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 5.31.51 PM.png
    525.1 KB · Views: 61
I would like to offer my heartfelt gratitude and congratulations to everyone involved in this event. Daniel Webb, and it seems the entire Webb family, busted a gut to make this something special, and indeed it was. Steve Mackie MC'd proceedings in his inimitable fashion, Tony Rodrick must be able to cook toast on his PC from all the old video he's recompiled, and how about those lovely handmade trophies that Werner made for us. What a lovely keepsake! I'm sure I've missed a lot of people here, so please accept my apologies. It was great to have the bowling family back in one room.

The highlight for me was John Velo, bowling 290, 300 with a Blue Angle on it's x-th redrill. ("x" being a number between 2 and 6; so much for all that extra oil they use these days!) A great time was had by all and it was a real treat to spend a weekend with so many old friends. Brenton Davy likes to remind me that I'm the oldest guy in a final (when I'm actually bowling), so it was amusing to be the among the youngest. And yes, folks gave me heaps, but they complained about Andrew Lloyd and I in the old days too if we were doing well! How ironic that we drew each other for doubles! :p

Now, back to uni. Another assignment is due!

Couldn't agree more with Jason's comments. Well done to Daniel and the Webb family on a big effort put in to running a great tournament. Great to see all the old faces and new as well. Congrats to all the winners. It was great to be back on the lanes again after 3 years. To my surprise only a few aches and pains which was expected. Wouldn't mind lacing up again for a few Seniors tournaments. Once again well done to everyone at Campbelltown Bowl for such a great event,
Cheers Lovey

Thanks heaps to the Webb family for giving up so much of their time for bowling. What an amazing event to be apart of.

The pleasure for me was having the opportunity to finally bowl with some of the characters and champions that I idolized as a kid. Bowling well that was just a bonus.

A few funny items that stood out for me were as follows,

Lovey on the Friday night said " I stood up to throw my first shot, looked down at my ball as I took aim and thought what's that on my ball, sh!t its a crack that goes all the way around. Oh well hope it stays together."

When I walked up to bowl teams and saw the legends I happened to be paired with I could barely believe my eyes. Then Rob turns to me and said, "last time I bowled with a Velo he missed a spare that cost us the '63 Raching, so you better not be the same!"

It was just fun all round. Smiles everywhere.

I am sure the seniors up there in a few weeks time will have a lot more serious faces and much higher scoring pass.

Now to look for a new ball, maybe a black U-Dot or black hammer from the day.

Last edited:
Thanks heaps to the Webb family for giving up so much of their time for bowling. What an amazing event to be apart of.

The pleasure for me was having the opportunity to finally bowl with some of the characters and champions that I idolized as a kid. Bowling well that was just a bonus.

A few funny items that stood out for me were as follows,

Lovey on the Friday night said " I stood up to throw my first shot, looked down at my ball as I took aim and thought what's that on my ball, sh!t its a crack that goes all the way around. Oh well hope it stays together."

When I walked up to bowl teams and saw the legends I happened to be paired with I could believe my eyes. Then Rob turns to me and said, "last time I bowled with a Velo he missed a spare that cost us the '63 Raching, so you better not be the same!"

It was just fun all round. Smiles everywhere.

I am sure the seniors up there in a few weeks time will have a lot more serious faces and much higher scoring pass.

Now to look for a new ball, maybe a black U-Dot or black hammer from the day.
If you ask Aldo nicely, he might give you a 16lb black hammer off the racks at Orange.

Agree with all of the above. It was a wonderful weekend full of memories & renewed friendships. Congratulations to Daniel, Steve, Campbelltown City Bowl & all involved in the concept & excellent organisation of the Reunion Event. The sport of bowling needs such events to help develop a sense of history & legacy. Tony Murray.

Back
Top Bottom