Storm The PRODIGY is coming

How will this ball compare in price with the thunder line of balls?

And will it smell nice?

Bigsy...

By the way................how do you go about purchasing the exclusive storm balls?

Answers to your questions Bigsy

1. The smell of this ball is BLUEBERRY

2. The ball will be inline with the Dimension and 2nd Dimension pricing, however the aussie dollar is weak, maybe the same price as a usual high performance ball.

3. Exclusive balls, by that I think you mean 'Asian Release Limited Edition'. These balls are made as a one off and offered to some distributors worldwide depending on what country (we get most of these). They are a pre-order only with distributors so once what they order is sold, they cannot order anymore.

The last ball to come out was the Virtual Tour V which was a pearl Virtual Gravity, all of these balls sold very quickly, they are no longer available (thats because it was freakin amazing).

To purchase one of these balls, keep in regular contact with your pro shop and check this site. I know the Storm/Roto distributors update any new releases on here, and from time to time you'll see some 'Limited edition' balls.

Current ball which is in stock and selling like hotcakes is the Domination X

http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/domination-x

Not many left :) Contact your local proshop to get this ball.

Back to the topic, watch for the prodigy, it will be a goodie for sure!

Here's a review from Derek Eoff, Team USA member, World Cup Champion from 2008

PAP – 5 ½ over 7/8 up
RPM - 500

Drilled pin above bridge with cg kicked out to the right about 60 degrees. Small hole on axis, box surface.

I really wasn’t sure what I was going to get out of this ball. I really like the Second Dimension as that has become one of my go to balls when I need a consistent ball reaction to control the breakpoint. With the Prodigy having the same cover I was hoping it would give me something similar.

After drilling the Prodigy Monday evening, last night I got the opportunity to use it on the Open Championships pattern. The surface was the same and this version of the Open hooked more than they did in Reno.

In Reno I used a T-Road solid and Second Dimension for the nine games. I wish I had the Prodigy. After getting loose and trying the different balls I had with me, my best look on the fresh was with the Reign of Fire. The Prodigy was a little too angular down lane.

After bowling for a while I created a spot and made the lane pretty easy. Once the lane carried down just a little, the Prodigy made it look silly easy. It was just a matter of carrying the 10 pin or not as I could hit the pocket at will.

For those of you that remember the Special Agent, the Prodigy is similar to the Special Agent but has more angle down lane. I was surprised at how much it hooked down lane. Of the balls in Storm’s current line, the Prodigy was between the Virtual Energy and Reign of Fire. It was more angular than the Reign of Fire but not quite as much as the Virtual Energy. For me, it is a less aggressive (not by much though) Virtual Gravity. I loved the Virtual Gravity (as many others do), but it hooked so much, I could barely use it. I am excited for the Prodigy as I think I will get a lot more use out of this one. If you liked the ball motion of the Virtual Gravity, you will like the Prodigy.

The Prodigy is just another great product from the fine employees at Storm. The Virtual Energy was voted 2009 ball of the year by the Bowlers Journal, it would not surprise me if the Prodigy is the 2010 ball of the year.

Derek Eoff

Back
Top Bottom