Storm Storm Invasion review

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Invasion

I must say I’ve been waiting ages to drill this ball, I’ve had it for a few weeks now but only was able to test it properly yesterday, here goes.

Ball description:

Coverstock: R3X™ Solid Reactive (new)
Weight Block: Origin™ (new)
Factory Finish: 4000-grit Abralon®
Ball Color: Violet/Crimson/Sapphire
Durometer: 73-75 Rex D-scale
Flare Potential: 6” Plus (High)
Fragrance: Mulberry

My ball,15lb, 3” pin. I drilled it 4” from PAP to PIN, MB in the bottom left quadrant, with balance hole 6" away from centre of grip. After drilling I finished with ½ positive side, 1/8 finger. Surface, box.

The first thing I noticed was the smell, like grape bubble gum I looked like a weirdo smelling the ball before every shot. You would think after a year the novelty would ware off but it hasn’t, I just want to eat it!

Testing condition: Heavy THS (typical house shot)

I used this ball 12 out to 8 with normal speed and rotation. It cleared the front just like my Virtual would have but noticed it picked up the lane a little earlier. For the angles I was playing, it was ideal, the strong mid lane roll giving me a consistent read coming off the oil every time. Compared to my Reign of Fire, it hooked exactly the same (total boards covered) however it was a completely different shape at the back to the R.O.F. The ROF was like a urethane on steroids, the Invasion had some angle to it. It responded very well to release changes and out struck all my other gear from that angle, 234, 279.

It is exactly what I look for in a tournament ball;

1. Hook
2. Mid land read
3. Angle

It ticks all the boxes and reminds me of a Virtual Gravity, just a little sooner with more hook which I think makes it the best ball in the series. Based on my success with the Virtual, I know already I’m going to drill a bunch of these during the year making it my No.1 ball I pull out of the bag at almost every stop. It is a must have for 2010, if you thought the Virtual Gravity was like cheating, prepare to me amazed again, striking just become more easy 

Here are a few videos of Norm Duke's comments and video reviews (including Invasion v Virtual Gravity comparison)

Norm Duke : YouTube- Storm Talk - Invasionâ„¢/Norm Duke

Video reviews comparison: YouTube- Storm Invasion/Virtual Gravity Comparison Video - Videoballreviews.com

Contact your local proshop for availability

I'm glad you're happy with it, we are still waiting for the first shipment to arrive down at Boronia. Hopefully l'll have one before the AO but l'm not holding my breath. By the time we get it it'll probably already be replaced with a new release.

I dont need to tell you that the balls are available for immediate delivery within Australia at the moment.

along with george i was also awaiting the arrival..
and having drilled one up as soon as possible

ive found off the break point, the ball is alot "sharper" but with a better mid lane read the ball isnt over aggressive.

The ball won a tournament?

Impressive. A ball that pays entry fee, puts shoes on and strikes and spares all on its own. It does it better than the people bowling in the tournament. So good in fact, it outscores every bowler in the field.

I'll take 4, just so it can win me a few tournaments all going on at the same time.

Roger.

yippee they have arrived, will pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully it will win something for me too. Do l need to write it a note or will it just know what to do?

Just a quick addition to this thread. George's description of this ball is on the money. The Invasion is more trustworthy off the spot than a Virtual Gravity on the wetter stuff, the VG is a little better when you have to play extreme angles, but most folks aren't doing that.

I used mine in Orange recently and it was brilliant until the traditional burning of the heads made me bag it after four games on day 1 and two games on day two. (Special thanks to everyone using sanded gear on a modified house shot.)

Back
Top Bottom