The Matrix: Reloaded

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
OK, ive just got home from the Premiere of this movie, its 2:48am and i have two questions.
1. Who else was lucky enough to see the premiere?
2. What did you think of it?

i obviously answer yes to question 1, and to answer question 2...
well its amazing!! i dont want to give away anything that happens in the film to ruin it for anyone going soon. But i will say that anyone who does not go and see this movie should be shot, I believe the only movie that will be able to compare with this will be The Matrix: Revolutions. The fight scenes were unbelievablly awesome, the storyline progressed wonderfully throughtout the film, and it was left in a wonderful position for Revolutions to answer all the questions we have been left asking. And just on a side note, Agent Smith is wonderfully evil, he or should i say they, are involved in the best fight scene of the movie. Anyway im off to bed.

Later Da Cowman!

Yeah,

I was lucky enough to see it as well and what can I say it was AWESOME!! A movie that can be seen twice!!!

Cheers

Nobbsei

Havent seen it yet, but i'm playing the game ENTER THE MATRIX on Playstation 2 and i gotta tell ya, it is one of the sweetest games i have ever played. It has everything from the movies, pity u dont get to play as Neo or Morpheus or even the sexy Trinity, but this game kicks so much ass its not funny. Best part is when u use ur focus move and do the matrix jump kick from the first movie.

If you have an x-box playstation 2 or gamecube, go out and get this game, you will be hooked.

As for the movie... thank god for vcd's

Later

Dont ruin the experience watching it on your home tv or computer, the $10 is well well well well worth it.

Best movie........ive seen since Godfather, mayb even tops that

I saw it finally and WHAT A GREAT MOVIE. it is so awesome i give it 100 outta 10. its kinda funny 2... well thats all i gotta say..

Later

OK now ive seen it 3 times in 3 days... sad possibly, but its a movie that where if u dont see it twice or 3 times, it can not be fully understandable... can anyone truly process all the information the Architecht gave Neo in one sitting?? i think not. there was too much information to process all in one, i think im beginning to fully understand after 3 sittings, hell i might see it one more time before it leaves the cinemas...

Later Da Cowman!

I would easily say that it was one of the movies i have ever seen. Even better that the first one. It was fighting all the way so go the matix :D

I'll probably be rather unpopular for saying this, but I found the Matrix II rather dissapointing. To steal a quote from the film, "You don't seem suprised," "I've seen it all before."

That kinda summed it all up for me, the original matrix was really amazing not only because it had revolutionary special effects but also because it hada truely unique idea.

The sequel, well I think even with the special effects it just got cartoony. Like the fight scenes just seemed to drag, and like they didn't even appear real. Take the first Matrix, when someone got slammed into a wall there was dust and debris and they actually appeared hurt, it was gritty and surreal. Whereas the sequel just had constant punching to no effect, no consequence and no reason. If Neo really could do his "superman" thing then why on earth hang round and fight?

Also the people of Zion looked amazingly tanned for guys who've lived underground for the last 100 years.

Also the initial falling scene, if trinity and the agent can fire upwards of 20 shots and not hit the other at point blank range then I really do believe they should have stayed in the matrix.

I don't know, this didn't come across as a film, moreso just action indulgence. Mindless indulgence, unsatisfying indulgence.

Don't get me wrong it was still entertaining, I just feel dissapointed as I think they could have done so much more.

Um yeah mate I am one to disagree with you. THE MATRIX RELOADED WAS AWESOME!!! The fight scenes were unreal and if you saw people from Zion that looked likes ghosts or something then it would be crap...yeah awesome, party with the ghosts, unreal! :p

I have to say it is one of the best movies ever made if not THE best. :D :D :D

i'm probably in the minority, and would have to say that i didn't think it lived up to all the hype and was a bit of a disappointment compared to the first matrix.

i found i couldn't really get into it that easily and was looking to see what the time was on a few occasions :)

later :twisted: :p :twisted:

Also the people of Zion looked amazingly tanned for guys who've lived underground for the last 100 years.

When Freed from the Matrix you would appear in the 'Real' World as you did in the Matrix, same body colour etc etc. Its only when you re-enter the Matrix that your mind changes things about you, your hair and the plugs in the body, but the mind never changes the body posture, muscle, or skin colour. Is this because those things are not up to the mind to decide? So, therefore, its quite resonable for people to be 'tanned' in Zion, or perhaps you missed the fact that most of them appear to be similar to Morpheous, in that they appear to be a lighter shade of black, more then a darker shade of white...

Later Da Cowman!

Hey Cowman

When Freed from the Matrix you would appear in the 'Real' World as you did in the Matrix, same body colour etc etc.

I think you have that around the wrong way. People wouldn't begin to exist in the "real" world as a result of being unplugged, rather they would have always lived in the "real" world, while existing in the matrix as a result of being plugged.

Consequentially, that would mean that our image isn't a replica of the "real" world, but that our image inside the matrix is a construct of us.

This may mean very little as to which world copies which, chicken and the egg if you will. However the important difference is that if the matrix is a based or plugged into our "real" world, then we can't use real world images to justify the tones inside whats real.

Sorry if thats overly convoluted, you've caught me between my break and a 2000 word philosophy assignment.

Oh and the more white side of black, thats probably true, but anyone who was white in their really should have been noticably white. Like think of Europeans during winter, and thats only 4 months without sun, times by 300 and that should be Zion.

After all of this, the Zion remark was more of a throw away idea, my largest concern was just how goofy and unrealistic they ended up making Neo's manipulation of the Matrix, and also the annoying way they framed every close up shot and the bottom of the eyebrows.

Cool now that that's done feel free to prove me wrong.

Until then I am going bowling

Back
Top Bottom