SUGGESTIONS FOR MOVIE

*'TOPHER*

Hey, ive got project for english. I basicly have to design a blockbuster movie. Work out a story line, creat a story board for a few scenes, market the film etc.

Anyways naturally i want to somehow incorperate bowling into the movie! and i need suggestions for the story line and general idea of the film.

As its a block buster some key things to try to incorperate would obviously be- good vs evil, light vs dark, personal struggle, save the world, quest, against all odds sort of stuff.

So how about it guys and girls? Suggestions for a blockbuster movie that incorperates bowling.

Thanks need responses asap:)

GOLDEN HANDS

The Ultimate Spy Thriller for 2008

Man about town, International Super Bowler, International Super Spy,
The New "007" ------Belmo

bowlrig said:
GOLDEN HANDS
The Ultimate Spy Thriller for 2008
Man about town, International Super Bowler, International Super Spy,
The New "007" ------Belmo

I'm not saying that my idea is any better, but the whole '007' thing is getting a little cliched (sorry to all the Bond fans out there :cool:)

A similar sort of storyline to what Happy Gilmore or Tin Cup was might be the ticket.

Possible titles: "Bowled Over" or "Life in the Fast Lane".

Good vs evil plot: how about a jealous competitor that tampers with the main character's equipment? Match fixing?

Against all odds: career threatening injury? rags to riches?

Myself, I'd like to see a movie come out with a bowling storyline but I guess I'll just have to wait. Good luck on the assignment too - I'd be interested to hear how you went.

How about something along the lines of...
struggling alley owner in debt
sleazy property developer who wants to pull the building down
owner finds kid with potential (you could get Mushtare to play this role)
kid starts winning tourneys
bailiffs come knocking
owner puts all life savings etc into bankrolling a giant tourney
kid wins (no dodgy 300's though)
owner makes enough dosh to keep the alley open
property developer tries to get even
kid kills him with a well placed White Dot to the head
owner takes blame, leaves alley to kid and goes off to jail instead of the kid

Or maybe not :)

"Striking The Wall" - the feel good movie of the holidays... starring The Artist Formerly Known as Mushtare!!! :lol:

*'TOPHER* said:
all great ideas...although im the only person in the class that will understand whats going on!

Not really. If you incorporate the idea of a tour circuit into the storyline, the idea should be easy to follow because most pro sport is in the form of a circuit.

If you're worried about people understanding the finer points of bowling, perhaps just make it as simple as 'highest scores win' rather than focussing too much on equipment, format, etc

And if the plot is explained in enough depth, I reckon that everyone will know what's going on anyway!

Keep us up to date.

How about a complete change in tack.

Try a documentary type film based on the inspirational stories found amongst the bowlers in the country. Belmo for sheer brilliance, the disabled bowlers who compete on the world stage, even just those who bowl to avoid lonelinss and gambling etc.

I am sure you could find a massive amount of human interest stories within bowling in our country.

Cheers
Des Wragg

Back
Top Bottom