That wonderful gala event, Under 25's

Scooter-

With this event less than a week away its bearing down on us faster than a fat kid chasing a piece of chocolate cake.

Very little has been said so far of this event, while the standard sledging will happen, e.g. maybe Spence will do what he couldn't do last year, make master's. Of course thats purely meant for reference purposes. I'm all for a bit of baiting, sledging, name calling, etc, etc. Its all in a bit of fun. I mean, if I wasn't on Tavis' team this year I might take his ball of the rack and get someone to weigh it. You have to watch out for him, he's sneaky like that.

Being that I'm on the Norwood team, I know who's on it, However, I don't know who's on the other teams. If I show you mine will the others who venture into this dark pit of bowling despair please shed some light as to who the members are of their respective centres are.

Norwoods team is comprised of:
Mens:
- Scott Smith
- Tavis Johnson
- Brad Tanner
- Mike can't remember his last name so I'll make one up, Bork

Womens:
- Mel Pryor
- Jess Filmore
- Amy Heib
- Lauren Monaghan

I will be doing my own coverage of the event with the assistance of Spence over at my award winning* website fatloaf.com and an official fatloaf photographer will be on hand to take plenty of action shots of people scattered in and around the centre.

I'm looking forward to a good weekend regardless of what happens.

*: the awards exist only in my mind

ha ha ha scotty you are funny!

Perhaps we can place some odds on all the teams this year... Dont mind if i do.

MENS

Cross Road 2/1
Without a doubt these guys are the dead set favourites. With the like of Alex Klass, Matt Kanfa (on his way to Bendigo, good luck Matt and Louise), Dion Alexander, and Ashley 'Peanut' Warren, you cant go past this solid 4 to take the Boys Teams out.

Norwood 4/1
Close behind XRD, good preparation going into the tournie, Mike Hammond can pull it out when he needs to and the other 3 can all do their part for the team. These guys (and not being biassed) can give XRD a run for their money, and if they bring out their Trump card... Sonia's Singing... then they have it in the bag! :p

Woodville 6/1
Again close behind NWD, maybe not strong enough to take out XRD. Shane, Isaac and Jase can hold the team up, but the way Isaac was bowling on the game at Cross road on Monday night... HA HA HA

Noarlunga 7/1
Strong team, but can they do the back to back?? (i think they won the Mens last year).

Village 10/1
Home centre advantage and probably could be the dark horse but can they sustain for 2x3 game sprints?

Salisbury 50/1
Not sure who is in this team, 50 sounds good

Elizabeth 50/1
Likewise

Marion 80/1
Robbie probably the one on there, bowled well at De Veer, can he back it up at Under 25's?

I am not sure about any of the Country Centres, if someone can post the other teams i can adjust the odds

LADIES
I am not too sure who is in all the ladies teams, but i will try

Norwood 5/1
Probably on paper the strongest team, but that is only on paper. Mel with out a doubt anchor and Lauren at lead off perhaps. Favourite for this year

Cross Road 8/1
Best bet here, although a couple of inexperienced bowlers, can definitely take it out. 8/1 sounds good for this team, will give it a good go. Kaptain Kezza leading the Way... GO YOU GOOD THING :p

Salisbury 15/1
With superstar Rochelyn Czabania in their team, WATCH OUT. When the lanes at Village dry up, this girl will tear the house down. She may be small but by god can she crank the ball!!!

Elizabeth 20/1
Tash is the only one (i believe) that i know from this team

Noarlunga 50/1
Not sure if they are even fielding a team

Marion 50/1
Likewise

Village 50/1
Likewise

As soon as the rest of the teams are posted, then this can be changed. Early betting has Cross Road taking out the whole thing with Norwood close behind, followed by Woodville by a half head. Can it be an AMF 1-2-3 this year? Will there be sympathy for the Woodville team? we can only wait to see this weekend.

BT

PS THESE ODDS ARE ONLY MEANT AS A BIT OF FUN, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL, LETS HAVE SOME FUN THIS YEAR AND MAKE IT A GREAT TOURNAMENT

i would just like to say good luck to all those who are bowling this weekend i think its gonna be a great tournament with alot of good competition out there so i think its gonna go down to the last ball on the last day to find out who the winners will be i would like to say to my team mates tavis scott brad mike amy lauren and jess good luck and lets kick some butt (with our cool shirts :p ) and thanks to sonia and kathy in advance for runnin around gettin our food and drinks organised for the weekends ahead. Once again good luck to everyone and see u all on the weekend.

mel!!!

Hi all, just letting you know about the Barossa team for u/25's.
As far as I know, there is no girls team from Barossa, all I know is that myself and Ben Shearer were drafted to the team, and we'll meet our team mates on the day. This probably makes it hard to place odds on the team, but it gives a bit of an idea.

Good luck to everyone bowling in the event, see you all on Saturday.

AH scotty. i have said all i need to say on your site. i need say no more and for those of you who are intrested, i will be the photographer on hand :wink: as im not bowling the tourny ive had to pull out due to sustaining some injuries (mostly by scott, no all of them) firstly i have a bruised ego and did a heart muscle (sounds more serious than it is) and tonight i will strain a finger at bowling from flipping scott the bird. providing a miracle occours i will how ever be bowling for lizbef (as scotty puts it) and brad ill put a green back on both male and female teams from there cuz i know whos in the teams :lol: so you might want to talk to me and rehash those odds

ya'll have a great day now

p.s its tash's testomonial (last year of under 25's) year so be sure to wish her the best of luck, im sure she will do herself proud as she has done for many years, for those who dont know tash you dont know what you've missed out on. she truely is one of the greatest fairest and nicest female bowlers you truely will ever meet. on behalf of the entire elizabeth bowland (and im sure i speak for everyone) team staff and associates we are all truely honoured to to bowl alongside of you and be part of your last team in your final year tash and i am truely honoured and humbled that you wanted me to be part of the team for you final year :D good luck once again do yourself and your kids proud!!

gooooooooooooo tash!

tttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssshhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyy (she'll know what this is all about)

for the rest of you good luck see you all on the weekend.

brad where do i go to place some bets?? are you giving odds on masters and all events aswell?? if your gunna take belmo's job at least do it properly :wink:

cheers
spence 8)

Brad you are correct. Noarlunga is not fielding a female team. Due to lack of interest and the majority of females either being too old or thinking that they aren't good enough, there were about two females that showed interest for the team. Therefore Noarlunga decided not to put a team into the competition.

As for the male team. I think that they will give cross roads a run for their money. The males lining up for Noarlunga are Wesley Craill, Russell and Daniel Martin and Phillip Addison. I was quite certain that Ben Shearer was the Reserve for the team but it now looks like he is bowling for the Barossa.

Good Luck to those bowling in the competition. I will be up at Murray Bridge bowling in a touring club championship. I'll see what happens the week after. I might make it to watch the masters.

Should be an interesting time regardless of who wins/loses.

Always a good time, and good laughs had by all.

Carn' Barossa!

It'll be a sad weekend seeing how it will be Tash's last ever U25's!!! Wish ya well Tash, not 2 well thou hahaha!!!! Just messing gdluck 2 everyone else bowling should b a great weekend well 2 for those lucky enof 2 make the masters!!! Hope everyone has some fun and a gr8 weekend!! Cya at Village on Sat!!!

Dion :D

Righteo, after finding out the teams today, i think some changes are in order...

Cross Road are still favourites at 2/1

Elizabeth has firmed quite considerably and now behind Cross Road by a half length ath 6/1

Norwood has drifted quite away, to 10/1 to be neck and neck with Village. These 4 teams will fight for the Podium.

Noarlunga had a slow start, investors not happy there, they have moved out to 12/1

Salisbury firming a bit, up to 16/1

Barossa Boys, not too bad at all, 20/1

Whyalla Boys, I must say i am very impressed with young Josh Hartman's shot. Very smooth, great rotation, and at 15 years old, would love to see him in the Shield Team very very soon. These guys 35/1

The girls there has been one change, Cross Road firms nicely to be at 3/1. Masters will be coming tomorrow evening.

Good luck to all tomorrow, as far as i know there are scores at www.tenpin.org.au/SA

Braddles

well well, interesting 2 days, now brad, im waiting 4 the male and female masters odds!! HAHAHA, anyway well done to TASH(go u bombers) and BEN(go the fro!) for there wins in the Sportsmanship award(how did tash get it? haha, im joking tash u know i lov ya!). cant wait to next week! :roll:

Ashley "the NUT" warren

p.s.Graham can u plz delete the first one. Thanks

Well bowled to everyone scores were very high!!! Brad I'm still waiting for me money bud, ya owe me after i put 10 on Xrd boys at 2/1 and 10 on Xrd girls at 8/1!!! hahaha!! Just joshing ya!!! Congrats to Bin i mean Ben and Tash on their sportspersons awards wats that 3 in a row Tash???? See everyone next week for the masters!!!

Dion A :D

Good Morining all from Sunny Beverly, Home of Brad's Betting Agency. Big Weekend coming at Royal Village where 16 Champion Stallions (maybe a Gelding because Isaac is in there) and 16 Mayors will compete over Distance for the title of SA Youth Challenge 2004 Masters Champion. Bets can be left via PM here or my email as i will be Abroad for the week... which renders me unfit to compete.

There are 2 withdrawls in the boys this weekend, with myself being in America and Matty K (trained by M. Phelan Stables) off in Bendigo competing in Bigger and better things (GO MATTY AND LOUISE). Taken our spots are Paul Streatfield and Adam Spencer

The girls Odds have been done, with the Boys to come soon with some fine tuning. So, here are the Girls...

Favourite at 2/1... Kerry-Ann Klop

4/1 Melissa Pryor and Tash Billing

6/1 Lauren Monaghan, a good showing in the Singles

10/1 Rochelyn Czabania and Vicki Hanamm

15/1 Jessica Mooney and Becky Cordes

30/1 Amanda Bauer

35/1 Tessa Watts and Renee Stadler

40/1 Amy Heib, Leah Howe, Renee Porter, Megan DeLeeuw and Jessica Light

The Mens odds are coming within the next couple of hours. STAY TUNED

Well, after careful Consideration, taking into account the Head to Head format and lane conditions HA HA, here are the odds for the Mens Masters.

2-1 and outright favourite Alex KLASS

4-1 Dion ALEXANDER

5-1 Ashley WARREN, Shane TUNNAH, Jason TURAI

6-1 Isaac ELLIOTT, Wesley CRAILL

8-1 Adam SPENCER, Tavis JOHNSON

10-1 Darren HANNAM, Ben SHEARER, Lee HUTCHISON

12-1 Scott MILES

14-1 Paul STREATFIELD

16-1 Steven GAERTNER

20-1 Daniel MARTIN

Quinella and Trifectas are avalible, boxed as well. Just contact Isaac to set up your Phone account HA HA. Track will start as wet and will be SEVERELY downgraded to DRY, then by around game 3 downgraded again to DESERT.

Good luck all, bowl well

BT

Cheers!

To everyone that voted for me.

Sorry I didn't have time to prepare a speech, but i'd like to thank my management team... my friends, family, my coach, and everyone else that made this possible.... I'd like to also thank the fans that got me to where I am today!..

..yeah... right..

Anyway, cheers again guys - Was a wicked weekend, and i'm looking forward coming back this weekend to try and get me some ditch (cough Alex!).

Was some good games guys, very enjoyable watching them roll-in.

Seeya's next weekend.

Benny *FRO* Shearer.

P.S. - I'll be greasing my hair up something shocking next weekend, so no one will be game enough to touch it! No more flat fro from all the players, playing with the ol' fro! (hehe)

P.P.S - C'arn Barossa ! Ba ba ba BAROSSA !

now now ben. fair is fair :p
we all had to bowl on the same condition :) just my shot may of been alittle easier than some others.
well i may aswell say well done to both sportsman and women winners Ben and Tash and also well bowled by shane who bowled his first 300 right after my 2nd one and also brad for his front 11 and a lucky 4 pin...
cant wait for masters gonna be a blast!
cya all sunday nice and early at village!
Alex

Nah, you bowled good mate - Just you were the last person I remember playing against, and the only person I saw having a 15board area :p

HEHE - Nah, you deserved everything you got, was great watching ya'll bowl. Top scores allround.

Cya's on the flipside a'ite.

well god has look down on us, ive just got told they are oiling after 8 on Sunday THANK GOD, still should be a good Sunday of bowling, also well done to Alex on his 2nd '3' and Shane’s first!!!

Ash

p.s. he was not the only one with area *chough*

P.p.s u also had area, well it looked like it!

yea i know, so did i when i find it, if it wasnt for 10 pins and 9 pins i would of also had another '3' but u get that! uill be looking for one on sunday

haha - I had 3 chances at a 300, and that god damn bloody 10pin.....

Stubborn bitch it was sometimes, I think I might just go high, or brookie every shot :p (Carry this 10pin!!!)

Back
Top Bottom