Ten pin Bowling Facts

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Going through some stuff on the TBA web site and with just general discussions in league I decided to see what Total Bowling members can come up with…

• The first recognised 300 game bowled in Australia was by Joe Velo in March 1963 at Northern Bowl, NSW.

The first recognised 300 games bowled in each state & territory:

• New South Wales by Joe Velo in March 1963 at Northern Bowl
  • Queensland by Wayne Sullivan in February 1964 at Mt Isa
  • Victoria by Bob Hinton, September 1964 at Chadstone Bowl
  • South Australia by Mark Halls, 9th October 1970 at Norwood Bowl
  • Australian Capital Territory by Alan Jarman, 1st April 1972 at Olympic Bowl
  • Northern Territory by Kevin Webb, 19th September 1982 at Dustbowl.
  • Western Australia by Gwen Bunting, 29th June 1985 at Fairlanes
  • Tasmania by Paul Lucock, August 1988 at Moonah Bowl, Hobart.

• The first person to bowl two recognised 300 games was Chris Batson. The first was on the 4th March 1974 and the second was on the 30th June 1975. Both were bowled at Rushcutter Bowl, NSW.
  • The first woman to bowl a recognised 300 game was Trish Datson on the 14th December 1974 at Rushcutter Bowl, NSW.
  • The youngest person to bowl a recognised 300 game was Bradley Hatfield in July 1994, at the age of 13 years, at Dustbowl, Alice Springs, NT.
  • The oldest person to bowl a recognised 300 game was John Rapley on the 15th April 2003, at the age of 74 years and at Orange Tenpin Bowl, NSW.
  • The first person to bowl back-to-back recognised 300 games was Derek Adams in February 2003, at Nerang Tenpin Bowl, Qld. Bruce Doig (Qld), John Sullivan (Vic) and Tony Hamilton have since also bowled back-to-back 300 games.
  • Nine 300 games have been bowled in the Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament.
  • Tracey Madden was first woman to bowl a 300 game during Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament. This was in 2004 at AMF Forest Hill, Vic, and was Tracey's first 300 game.
  • Bianca Flanagan was the first junior bowler to ever bowl a 300 game during the President's Junior Interstate Shield. This was bowled in 2004 at Illawarra Strike Zone, NSW.
  • In the years 1963 to 1969 there were a total of 14 recognised 300 games bowled in Australia. In 2005, there were 161 recognised 300 games bowled in Australia

Others we could find out would be…

• Highest 3 game series shot in each State or Territory…
  • Highest 4 game series shot in each State or Territory…
  • Who hold the most 300’s in each State or Territory…
  • Who has the most 300’s in Australia…
  • Who holds the most tournament wins
  • Who has the best tournament wins in a row…
  • What is the lowest sanctioned tournament game score and what was it…
  • What is the highest 5 man team’s series…
  • What is the highest 4 man team’s series…
  • What is the highest 3 man team’s series…

I think you get my drift, be good to see what we can answer…

South Australia by Mark Halls, 9th October 1970 at Norwood Bowl

Mark Halls use to be my tech drawing teacher at Findon High School. He has a beautiful 300 ring that was presented to him for his perfect game. He achieved this during qualifying for a aprticular tournament which escapes me for the moment. Even with his perfect game, he didn't qualify.

Matt Obrien First junior to bowl a 300 in Junior Masters at Mt Gravatt September 2002.

And how about number of 800 series bowled in league. I do know that Glen Loader has 3 at keon park in the last 18 months.

Paul Trotter 896 at AMF World Cup i think in 2003 or was it 4.

Anthony Flynn 889 at Geelong Bowl some time 2004 or 5.

Can anybody confirm the dates

Also interesting to note Biannca Flanigans 300 in Presidents shield was bowled against Tracey Madden at President shield. Tracey went on to bowl her 300 game at Rachuig as a Junior a few months later.

Phil

Matt Obrien First junior to bowl a 300 in Junior Masters at Mt Gravatt September 2002.

And how about number of 800 series bowled in league. I do know that Glen Loader has 3 at keon park in the last 18 months.

Paul Trotter 896 at AMF World Cup i think in 2003 or was it 4.

Anthony Flynn 889 at Geelong Bowl some time 2004 or 5.

Can anybody confirm the dates

Also interesting to note Biannca Flanigans 300 in Presidents shield was bowled against Tracey Madden at President shield. Tracey went on to bowl her 300 game at Rachuig as a Junior a few months later.

Phil

Anthony Flynn's 889 was in 2005.. About the 24th of february l think

Going through some stuff on the TBA web site and with just general discussions in league I decided to see what Total Bowling members can come up with…
  • The first recognised 300 game bowled in Australia was by Joe Velo in March 1963 at Northern Bowl, NSW.

thats was the first bowling center i ever bowled in when i was about 5
    my uncle has been working there for about 15 years now

daniel

Jase,

For the lowest tournament game wouldn't you be able to talk to Ronnie on Tuesday nights?

But here is one, I believe Mark Ramsey would probably have the lowest game on televised TV with 116 (I think).

And thanks to my collection of Pin Actions i find Carl clobbered him that game with 266!!

The youngest bowler to bowl 300,

I know in the early 90s it was set first by David Brooker then broken by Ken Greshim at Caboluture being 14. Does anyone know if that still stands or has that been beaten

What is the lowest sanctioned tournament game score and what was it…

I think i'd have to go close...

I remember in the mid 90's i won a spot to the Junior South Pacific final at Enfield... pretty certain I opened up the tournie with a 62!!!

May have been broken but highest 3 game series in ACT I know of would be Kevin Bruce with 827 (I think) I do know it was with an old pink hammer which would make Dousty most pleased.

Most 300s Matt Francis with 7? Not far behind Carl...

Back
Top Bottom