Super North Queensland Tournaments

F

Funky Chicken

Between the 7th September and 26th January there are going to be three really great tournaments held in sunny NQ.

1. The first of these is the Mackay Open held on the weekend of the 7,8&9th September. The format is 12 games qualifying with the top 16 then playing 15 games matchplay. The entire prize fund is guaranteed with 1st $2000, 2nd $1000 and paying right down to 30th. Entry is $170

2. The second is the Suncity Open which is held in Townsville over the first weekend of November. The format is 12 games qualifying, with the top 15 men and top 5 women then playing 19 games matchplay. The entire prize fund is guaranteed, with 1st $1500 and paying down to 20th. This tournament has a unique preview skins tournament, where by you pay $30 and bowl five games. Each game the highest scoring bowler gets FREE entry into the Open. Should you be lucky enough to get two skins then you can either have free entry into the 2001 & 2002 Open or the second skin is converted to a cash prize to the equivalent of an entry - $150.

3. Finally the Cairns Open is being held in Cairns over the weekend of the 26,27&28th January 2002. The format is 12 games qualifying, with the top 15 men and top 5 women then playing 19 games matchplay. The entire prize fund is guaranteed, with 1st $1500, 2nd $1200, 3rd $1000 and paying right down to 30th. Entry is $160.

These will be great tournaments especially as all the prize money is absolutely guaranteed. So if you are after a bit of a challenge and want to see what sort of talent NQ bowlers possess then come up and give us ago. I guarantee you will have a ball, as us NQ bowlers are easy going, fun loving people who enjoy the social aspect as much as the bowling itself.

In the past we have been lucky enough to have the likes of Ian Bradford, Frank Ryan, Ian Hughes, George Frilingos, Trevor Bouker and Ian Schuler come up to compete.

We would love to have as many bowlers as possible so if you are interested drop me an email at [email protected] and I can give you as much info as you need.

Why not combine a bit of bowling with a sight seeing holiday - after all we have Magnetic Island, Green Island, Great Barrier Reef, Airlie Beach, NQ Cowboys(ok I'm being silly)But it is a really great place.

Cheers

Steve Hunt

icon_cool.gif

Great post Steve, I can vouch for the fun of tropical North Queensland and I'm sure Trevour could also vouch for that. As Steve said the prizefunds are GUARANTEED! which you won't see much of anywhere in Australia.

All the tournaments are in the warmer months so don't forget your bathers! Take the time to stay an extra day or 2, trips out to the reef are about $80 per/day but include all you can eat buffet lunch, snorkling, diving, fishing and swimming on the Great Barrier Reef. Ex Townsville.

For all those who aren't heading the Adelaide on the Australia Day weekend, Cairns is a great place for a holiday and one of Australia's tourist hot spots. You have heaps to choose from like the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas, Green Island, the Kuranda Rail Tour etc etc.

I"ll be back to Townsville this year, flights with Virgin a mere $119 each way ex Brisbane. Hope to see some southerners make the trip up North.

George
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

anyone coming to Townsville for the Sun City Open, don't forget Mercure Inn give great discounts to our bowlers,as a major sponsor of the Tournament it's great that Peter Barker can still look after our competitors
so let's support him as sponsors are so hard to find.
Cheers
icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom