Sunny Hui from Hong Kong passes away

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
April 22, 2003
The President/Hon Secretary
Member Federations
Asian Bowling Federation

Dear Colleagues

It is with great sadness that we are writing to inform you of the demise of our Asian Games Gold Medallist Mr. Sunny Hui on Friday, April 18, 2003. Sunny left behind his devoted wife and two sons of 18 and 16 years of age. It is a great loss to the Hong Kong Sports Community and to the bowling fraternity in Asia.

The Hong Kong sports fraternity and the government are in the process of organizing a fund raising campaign to set up a trust fund for his family on May 18, 2003. Those federations who would like to send flowers for the funeral may if they wish donate money instead of flowers into the trust fund. Once an account for the trust fund has been set up, our Congress will inform all federations of the bank name and account number for their donation.

Meanwhile, should you want to send letter of condolences, Mrs. HuiÕs name is NG Mei Ho and the letter can be send to c/o Hong Kong Tenpin Bowling Congress. Our address is as follow:

Room 1005, Queen Elizabeth Stadium
18 Oi Kwan Road
Wanchai
Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2575 2145
Email: [email protected]

All letters received will be passed on to his family.
Yours sincerely,
Hong Kong Tenpin Bowling Congress

Vivien Fung, J.P.
Chairman

I was very fortunate to bowl with Sunny in Malaysia, he was not only a great bowler but a great guy to speak to. Quietly spoken he was a true gentleman and athlete. RIP

G

I'm sorry to hear the passing of Sunny Hui. George is right about Sunny, he was a great competitior and a great person to talk too and I was also fortunate to bowl with Sunny whilst competing overseas.

The competitiors in the bowling world will miss the sportsmanship of Sunny who was a great athlete. RIP

Christian Purdue.

Back
Top Bottom