Is Cara making a comeback?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Around 400 amateur bowlers from 17 countries are competing for places in the fourth Indonesia Surya Pro International Open Tenpin Bowling Championship 2006 in Ancol, the organizers say.

Qualification rounds for the tournament began at the Jaya Ancol Bowling Center on Wednesday and the competition, which runs from July 24-29, is offering Rp 550 million (US$59,460) in cash prizes.

"The tournament also serves as a qualifying round for the Indonesian leg of the ABF (Asian Bowling Federation) Tour 2006 to be held on July 30 at the same place," the organizers said.

"The tournament will also be one of the ranking tournaments in Asia toward the World Bowling Masters."

The event is co-sanctioned by the ABF, the Indonesian Bowling Federation (PBI) and the World Tenpin Bowling Association (WTBA).

At least 250 international bowlers will make the competition in the pro-tournament much stiffer. In the men's event, they include Tim Mack of the United States, Wu Siu Hong of Hong Kong, Andrew Frawley of Australia, Ahmed Shaheen Al-Merikhi of Qatar, Jason Belmonte of Australia and Daniel Lim of Malaysia.

The women's competition includes top-ranking Cara Honeychurch of Australia, Sara Vargas of Columbia, Kirsten Penny of the United Kingdom, Liza Del Rosario of the Philippines, Shalin Zulkifli and Wendy Chai, both of Malaysia, and Jennifer Tan Bee Leng of Singapore.

"All players have their ball registration and official practice sessions starting today," the organizers said.

The tournament will be divided in 10 divisions: Men's and Women's Open Masters, Men's and Women's Graded A Masters, Men's and Women's Graded B Masters, Youth Boy's and Girl's (23 years old) and Youth Boy's and Girl's (18 years old), all played on the centers' 60 AMF synthetic lanes.

The official opening ceremony and welcome reception will take place on July 24.

The championships have been held since 2003 in Ancol.

Knowing Cara, and having the privilege to have her coaching me over the past year. I can say this is no surprise.

I think she has been feeling a little itch now for a few months, and having bowled with her in the last few months I can say she has not lost any of her game.

Good luck and all the best Cara.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Hahaha isn't it funny that what we read isn't always true.:D

I have just had confirmation that this is not true, and cara has not entered this event.

But I do know that she will be back at some stage.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Also, how can belmo bowl when he is in Germany atm?

I think they have pulled the names out of a hat and said that will do for our news story LOL

Good luck to her n everyone else that is bowlin.
I agree wif Gus.
How can Belom bowl if he is in Germany atm?

Cheers
Felicyti Murphy

I wondered what that smell was from the north about 7 hours ago....

*sends new undies to QLD*

[/potshot]

Cara is our Greatest bowler ever. It would be fantastic seeing her in action again.

The 'press release' was featured on bowling digital. Whilst Belmo is in Germany, the event goes for several weeks so maybe he is going, who knows? As for Cara lacing up, I think the person responsible for doing the 'press release' maybe telling fibs!

I honestly dont think Cara will be lacing up anymore, I spoke to her at Commonwealth Champs and she looked great and very happy with life after bowling. A stage I hope to be at soon myself :D

Wallbanger1 said:
I knew belmo was good but is he really that good

I probably should have pointed out that my question related to Belmo being in 2 places at once and still winning.

The answer is still probably yes though.

Back
Top Bottom