Suggestion....

Roysa

Before anyone can create a thread new members have to have 10 posts or a period of time to avoid the spam bots that have started 2 threads today about god knows what.

Is it possible?

Im a mod on a rugby league forum site and im forever deleting crap about kitchens,jewellery etc, quite annoying.

Good suggestion however we also have the hacking problem. I am aware of one ex user of this forum who was hacked by a very smart person from our community. They somehow linked their user name to his computer and raised a thread that was not appreciated. The moderators here then closed his user id. He also had his whole computer frozen. had to have it wiped and start again.

Good suggestion however we also have the hacking problem. I am aware of one ex user of this forum who was hacked by a very smart person from our community. They somehow linked their user name to his computer and raised a thread that was not appreciated. The moderators here then closed his user id. He also had his whole computer frozen. had to have it wiped and start again.

What about a mod review ? I do it on a RL forum whereby comments are reviewed by the mods before being posted ? The downside is most users are genuine so its hard to determine from a newbie perspective which ones are spammers.

Well that's just not having a strong enough password. Or a convenient excuse for the stuff that was posted ...

Regarding the spam, we have enough measures in place that keep the place usable and keep the spam to a minimum. If you see spam, use the report button and it will be handled ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom