total bowling timeouts

Shoey

Shoey
dont know how others go, but every time i'm in total bowling and reading through a thread or posting a post which is a little lengthy i always seem to be timed out and have to log back in.

its bloody annoying when your posting to lose the lot of what i have typed because of being timed out. yes i know i can and probably should type it into word and cut and paste it onto TB but sometimes you like to re look at previous posts and argue for or against the comments and need to be logged on to do so.

can anything be done to lengthen the time out process please its really a pain in the arse especially when reading an entire thread and getting to the next page of posts only to have to log in again.

Graham,

Try clearing all your cookies and when you sign in TICK the box that's says remember me...

Hope that helps...

This can be avoided if you select the "Remember Me" option when you first log in.

Unless anything is changed my only suggestion is when you are making a reply, try to remember to copy your text first, and if you get logged out, log back in and paste the text.

/edit - Snap :p

Just noticed this thread. It happens to me constantly - seems to be under 30 minutes. I keep cookies cleared, AND I always tick the 'remember me' box. It really is too short and is bloody annoying.
NO OTHER site I use is anything like it.

Wonder why it's different. Often, I have been active whole time, reading different posts, changing from section to section, and I go to bring up the next thing, and i get the " you are not etc.,etc.," It's particularly crook, when trying to post a comment. You hit the Submit Reply and lose the lot. and I've got to log in again. Weird - maybe the site doesn't like me ???

Try and visit the site using www.totalbowling.com.au instead of just totalbowling.com.au (without the www). I've just changed a setting which may help this, but as others have said i've never had a problem.

Just out of interest, those that are having issues, what browser are you using ?

Don't think it worked. I timed no activity on site fo 41 minutes. Had to log-in again.
Maybe that's normal for the site?

Yes I've been noticing the same thing since last night, used the site again this morning and had to re-log in, used it just now and had to do the same.

I'm using IE 8 Graham, possibly an Internet Explorer issue?

Apart from a single cookie setting I changed the other day, nothing else changed.

If you guys are still having issues, clear your cookies and login again. Hopefully it is resolved now and should be happening any more :)

Back
Top Bottom