Storm STORM TRIPLE XTREME

J

Jay_212

Anyone got this ball in Australia yet?? I know Frawlz has one but does anyone else. I just want an idea of how good it is and what "Australian" conditions it is best suited to. I have already read some posts on BowlingBallReviews.com I should be gettin this ball when my supplier gets it in 5 weeks.

ya mate my friend has one and says that it is a awsome ball on medium oil with carry down.

hey

i have this ball, and there arent too many words i can use... OH MY GOD! this ball rocks!!!

left it in box condition with not too sure how its drilled... i have a 5 finger grip, but the pin is above my right ring finger and the cg is on the right side of my palm inline with my little finger. i wouldnt be suprised if that doesnt make sense... maybe brenton can explain a little more for me :)

this ball is the best ball i have ever had. i purchased direct from america as i wanted it for nsw open. and frawls isnt getting it for a few more weeks. i couldnt wait :)

this ball hits soooooooooooo hard its amazing! i love it!

i havent seen the pattern that was at dee why on the weekend, but there was quite a little bit of oil, but the backends were good, making this ball hit harder, but give it some room and she will come back!

for all you storm lovers like myself, GET THIS BALL!!!! :D

cheers!
martina

Triple Xtreme

Never have i had a 700+ series, after playing with a monster slayer bought the xxxtreme. I have now had a 899 series, 850 series and a 755 series. If you havent go and get one.

This ball rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now had a 899 series, 850 series and a 755 series. If you havent go and get one.
How many games is this over??
Always good to see Storm equipment helping people out!

Later Da Cowman!

Polished this ball is the single best medium-med/heavy ball ever created period! Dull it was squirty and inconsistent at the breakpoint, but polished the ball rolls 100% better (standard stacked leverage, cg kicked 3/4). Its also a very easy ball to rev up if needed. Its always the first ball out of my bag.

Interesting that you say that, I was thinking the exact opposite! Mine is drilled 4"x4" CG out about 3/4 with no hole (gives about 3/4 ounce side) I polished mine up after a while (house shot too dry) and I found it was pretty squirty on oil. Sanded back to 1500 though and the ball has a really consistent break point. Maybe that just means the ball is versatile :)

rychenroller said:
Interesting that you say that, I was thinking the exact opposite! Mine is drilled 4"x4" CG out about 3/4 with no hole (gives about 3/4 ounce side) I polished mine up after a while (house shot too dry) and I found it was pretty squirty on oil. Sanded back to 1500 though and the ball has a really consistent break point. Maybe that just means the ball is versatile :)

Versitile is an understatement.

It is so good with speed adjustments and hand position chages that its the ball I use on almost all conditions. Everything from medium dry, right through to floods, all i do is change the speed and roll to get it up to pocket and it hits all day.

Im even getting a second one for when this one dies... (something I wished i did with the thunder road)

I am truly blessed to have had one of these find me. (Sincere thanks to James McGinty at Coffs Harbour.) I smoothed it up to 1200 grit and laid it out in an early hook/arc pattern. (4 1/2" Pin to PAP, 2 1/2" CG to PAP, Mass Bias on PAL - Pin way past fingers...)

It reads long oil magnificently and turns the corner very predictably. It does not overhook or snap in a hockey stick shape. You can throw it straighter or turn it up, depending on the what the lanes say. Rolls very true and makes this menacing noise in the rack. It reacts predictably (almost urethane like) to hand position changes / speed adjustments and just flat out wallops a deck of pins. I have had the same impact using targets from from 5-27 board. A bloody impressive piece of equipment.

If you want free hook and your ego stroked, this ball may not do it enough for you. If you want to knock over a shedload of pins on oil, find one somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom