Storm Storm X-Factor

C

crazzzed

Is anyone using an X-Factor?
I would like to here how its going on Australian conditions and what drill pattern you used.
I have read alot about it on an American site but there conditions are different to ours. What are your thoughts Australia? :)

Ok I went ahead and got one of these. I drilled yesterday and throw a couple of frames and it hit like a tank. Maybe alittle to strong in 4 frames I left a 4-9, 10pin, 9pin, 10pin. However once I get a few games under my belt with it, it should be great.

I'll let you all know how its going in a few weeks.

hey man, i got an X-Factor. Its really, really, really good. It hits like a freight train and is very forgiving. Sometimes it'll leave some sorta shit, but it does hit hard to make the pins fly. Smells nice to. And it has alot of hook. Well thats all i no, but i have been ave. 200+ wif it

Later

I recently purchached the x-factor.... i tell ya what it is a nice ball!! for someone who doesnt put many revs on the ball... im finding it goes like a rocket and hits like a tank as someone said b4. i only recieved it on monday... it was drilled on tuesday and i find that im used to the ball already. i bowled 241 with it last night. not bad single i only started to bowl with it 3 days ago.... at last i have a decent ball that goes long and hard. Go the storm!!!!
Anyone seen the new X-factor deuce II?

:lol: i've had my X-factor for about two month and i tell ya she hit's like a war head and it has superb carry even if you don't get a good pocket hit.
:p :p :p

Well much like the other posts in hear, I've found the XFactor to hit harder than any ball I've had before. I have bowled with it on and off now for a month or so and as long as you have some oil to get it down the lane its a very readable and a clean hitting ball. Like most balls you can still leave any of the pins on the back row, but I would have to say I'm very happy with it. I dont put alot of revs on the ball compared to most yet I can still get this ball to break and hit with power.

The ball specs are as follows:
TW: 2.9
PIN: 2.5in
Drilled: Rotated ball 45 deg so the pin is to the right of my ring finger, about an inch away. The RAD point is placed under and to the right of the thumb hole. Giving me 1/2 to 3/4 side weight and 1/2 finger. Approx. 3.5inches from PAP.
Track: I run the ball 2-3 inches away from the thumb and 3-4 inches from my fingers.

Well I hope this helps someone out there if they go for an XFactor. If you are looking for a ball that finishes very hard then I would suggest this ball as a good choice.

Good luck and high scores to all :D

Lickwidgreen,
Yeah i've seen a Deuce, ever better i saw it in my hands. This looks absolutly AWESOME, rolls Fantastically. Its drilled with the PIN about 4 inches from the PAP, and The RAD on the PAL, so the CG was kicked out a little bit, For a smooth and controlled backend. Its just amazing, Cant wait to use it at State at the weekend.

Later Da Cowman!

Hey All

So is there anyone out there that has the X-Factor Duece? Can you tell me what you think of the ball and how much your bowling has improved since getting it.

Thanks
Cya

'X'FACTOR

I AM THINKING OF GETTING ONE FOR HEAVY OIL.
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW IT PERFORMS IN HEAVY OIL. :? :? :?

X Factor Deuce

I have a Deuce, and I can't wait to bowl with it. But here in NZ we don't get the conditions the ball needs to perform to it's best. I can survive quite happily on most conditions in NZ with my X-IT & La Nina (Anyone in OZ still use THOSE balls?)

The first real test for the Deuce will hopefully be the NSW Open, otherwise bring on FIQ in Malaysia.

Beanie.

Deuce II

One of my mates recently purchaced a deuce II because his other storm ball cracked right down the middle at the werribee marathon.... I tell u what... it looks mad... but i dont know how much hook it has on it coz he doesnt put many revs on the ball... but it hits like a cyclone... pins fly everywhere!!!

well pete to be truthful im not really that impressed with it or any of the storm products. But hey thats my opinion. Im a Columbia guy so im a little bias.

Ciao For Now

Deano

Ray, if you must have an X Factor for oil...... get the Deuce, the original will skid a bit too far for your game.

I have the Duece and I have to say it is a huge hooking ball. I don't throw a huge ball by any means but I have never had to stand so far inside to get the ball out and then in. In our drier conditions up here it can be a bit of a struggle but there was one night of league where there was a bit more oil than usual and it was awesome with very little effort needed. Made bowling on the oil very enjoyable indeed.

X Factor Re-Loaded

Im guessin the Re-Loaded is the next ball up for the deuce II? I went on the storm site to take a look but no technical data is on the site so far... although it does look like a big snapping ball designed for dry lanes, im not to sure about this one..... specially with the fragrance of "apple cinnimon" lol... anyways.. i suppose it will be good for some ppl....
They also have the storm hotwire review on the site as well but no techincal data for that ball is up and running yet either...

Re: X Factor Re-Loaded

LickwidGreen said:
... although it does look like a big snapping ball designed for dry lanes, quote]

Very incorrect there my friend...

Ok taking a look at the little Reaction chart you will see the reloaded is suited more towards heavy and medium oil conditions. As the reaction chart says you will only be able to use this ball on dry if the oil is long and even then you will be playing DEEP inside.

Just pointing it out...

Very True

Sorry macca mate... I suppose im not very well educated with the reaction charts and drilling specs... but hopefully i will get to learn it soon or later