Storm Storm Attitude Shift

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
After seeing the specifications for the Attitude Shift, I was dead keen to get my hand into one.

I've only bowled with this at Tuggeranong on Brunswick synthetics so far, but here's how it went.

LAYOUT
The ball in question had 2.9 Top Weight and a 3½" pin. Pin was laid out 4½” from the PAP, with MB 4” from the PAP with a 3” Pin Buffer. This puts the pin nestled into the bridge, with the CG toward the grip centre. (See photo.)

COVER
The cover stock is R2S Solid. I smoothed the cover to 4000 grit Abralon and shined it up with Reacta-Shine. This proved to be too shiny and I have rubbed it by hand with 2000 Abralon. This ball looks great with a shine on it, btw.

REACTION
Boards across the US have been crowing about how this ball goes straighter through the heads, and then makes a move like a Special Agent. At first I thought they had understated the strength of this ball. On the fresh backends, with brand new surface, this ball made a serious and continuous move. I found it too strong for me as a cranker, but that’s not surprising.

We played a while to carry the oil down and break up the pattern. When the Triple Xtreme started to go long, I got the Attitude Shift out again, moved 8 left, sped up and aimed for the gutter. This ball proceeded to open up the lanes. It was game on!

Once you have carry down, this ball does what the guys from the US were talking about. Clean through the heads, with a strong, continuous movement. (I never got this ball to roll out, btw.) I was standing on 32 at the foul line, targeting 18, breaking at 5 board. On the carry down.

The Attitude’s pin carry is extraordinary. I carried solid hits, rolled 9 pins late, tripped 4’s, caved in 4-6’s, rolled two 6-10’s and blew 5 pins into next week. It also slaps the 10 pin on the half hit with outstanding regularity. I carried like Belmo with the Attitude’s big, live roll. (I left a few classic Tuggeranong stone 10’s when I got quick – to be expected – even Belmo does!) ;)

Like every R2S ball I’ve thrown, this ball cracks the rack with a very satisfying clamour. 

SUMMARY
Overall - The Shape-Lock™ core makes this ball turns the corner with great strength, but the R2S cover provides good control. The Attitude Shift is stronger than a Special Agent, going longer, and then recovering magnificently. The 2 balls complement each other nicely. The hitting power is eye-popping.

If you are looking to conquer lanes that require you to play toward the gutter more than usual, I recommend the Attitude Shift to you. On longer patterns or carry down, this ball is the nut.

When the Attitude Shift turns the corner, hang on! This ball moves off the spot and cracks 10 pins with, well… Attitude!

Enjoy!
Jason Doust
Storm Amateur Staff

p.s. I am thinking of doing more with the bowling community next year.

What are your most burning questions about bowling that you haven’t been able to get a satisfactory answer to? (Apart from where can I get affordable practice?) I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions, so I can work out the best ways to share what I have to offer.

Please PM me, as it will be off-topic to this review.

Attachments

• Attitude_Layout.jpg
    Attitude_Layout.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Attitude2.jpg
    Attitude2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 27
I have mine drill with the pin under the fingers and CG kicked about an inch out with the key next to the thumb hole. I have left it out of the box finish which gives it a early read and still continues to work hard in the back end.

This ball roles very heavy for me and seems to be controlled easily.

Another Great storm bowling ball

Matt Riley

Back
Top Bottom